British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

He is not a victim but i tend to look at the good in people rather than the negative.And I get the impression they're are a few on here who would love Ward to end up flat on his back and mess up.I don't i hope he goes on and is a world champion Ward and Lee to me i judge as speedway riders ( ie) because i don't know them.All of us make mistakes so i won't sit and be judge and jury.

If they were not speedway riders would you still be wanting to see their good, or would you be calling them morons and other such names? So many people on here defend the indefensible simply because they wear speedway tinted glasses.

Perhaps Ward should study Michael Lee and it may scare Ward enough to help him find the right path so his natural talent is not wasted.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

If they were not speedway riders would you still be wanting to see their good, or would you be calling them morons and other such names?

If they were not speedway riders, would personal possession of cannabis warrant 15 pages of discussion? Although Michael Lee has more serious previous, this particular offence is hardly the crime of the century, or even a crime at all in certain other countries.

If they were not speedway riders, would personal possession of cannabis warrant 15 pages of discussion? Although Michael Lee has more serious previous, this particular offence is hardly the crime of the century, or even a crime at all in certain other countries.

But it IS in this Country. THAT surely is the point.

• Like 1

My view: it's all been OTT.

Punishment should of been harsher in my eyes

• Like 1

What a ridiculous comment, just because someone did worse things in the past, lets dimiss this latest incident. Seriously, you really suggesting that?

My point is, people on here seem to excuse idiotic behaviour, just because the rider is from their favourite team or happens to be a speedway star.

• Like 2

First of all it was not just Cannabis and the fact that it is not a crime elsewhere means nothing .

• Like 1

In football there is support for people like Kenny Sansom and Paul 'Gazza' Gascoigne who have fallen prey to drink. In speedway it seems the fallen - i.e Michael Lee on a minor drugs charge - has not fallen far enough! :sad:

Edited by Guest

I`d have locked him up and thrown away the key.....

Fifteen pages on and this Michael Lee thread is still a hot potato. Over 20 years since his last league race, Lee is still capturing our attention.

We all remember from speedway glory times how Lee walked out of a meeting after several exclusions, the image of his jacked-off-with-speedway expression as he quit the arena.

He filled many column inches in that period and, right or wrong and for whatever reasons, put speedway in the headlines.

He was always of interest, and this thread proves he still is, his story possibly could have filled two books.

The thing is, the state speedway is, how many of today's personalities will we be discussing in the year 2035?

Thirty years after his infamous Ipswich walkout and his frustration with referee Frank Ebdon's starting techniques, we all remember it vividly. It created a buzz.

There was, still is, and will forever be a story contained within Michael Lee’s gangly frame.

In contrast, 30 hours after the latest SKY match, was it Birmingham vs Wolves, how many rider interviews can you remember from that piece of TV Gold?

Exactly…

Go on, admit it, we love characters like Michael Lee.

There are too many squeaky-clean riders with nothing of interest to say in the current inexpressive speedway scene.

Give me a Michael Lee story any day… rather than an interview with a current Superstar that is about as enlightening as 30 seconds with his toolbox would have been.

Boy! Am I going to get some stick now….

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

I`d have locked him up and thrown away the key.....

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"

I read that in the Bible as a child you know - perhaps you could learn from it :t:

Fifteen pages on and this Michael Lee thread is still a hot potato. Over 20 years since his last league race, Lee is still capturing our attention.

We all remember from speedway glory times how Lee walked out of a meeting after several exclusions, the image of his jacked-off-with-speedway expression as he quit the arena.

He filled many column inches in that period and, right or wrong and for whatever reasons, put speedway in the headlines.

He was always of interest, and this thread proves he still is, his story possibly could have filled two books.

The thing is, the state speedway is, how many of today's personalities will we be discussing in the year 2035?

Thirty years after his infamous Ipswich walkout and his frustration with referee Frank Ebdon's starting techniques, we all remember it vividly. It created a buzz.

There was, still is, and will forever be a story contained within Michael Lee’s gangly frame.

In contrast, 30 hours after the latest SKY match, was it Birmingham vs Wolves, how many rider interviews can you remember from that piece of TV Gold?

Exactly…

There are too many squeaky-clean riders with nothing of interest to say in the current inexpressive speedway scene.

Give me a Michael Lee story any day… rather than an interview with a current Superstar that is about as enlightening as 30 seconds with his toolbox would have been.

A really great Post IMO. :approve:

Don`t know what all the fuss is about...A chap has repeatedly broken the laws of this country and been punished, thats how it should be ......I have no sympathy for the Wards / Lees / Gazzas of this world who continue to cross paths with the law ( guilty or otherwise )

Edited by dornier
  • Like 1

Exactly…

Great post ..let get more drug takers and dealers into the sport .

• Like 4