British Speedway Forum
martin_t

Oh Dear, Lee Guilty Of Drug Possession

Don't even think about apologising mate, your posts in this thread have been a revelation, exactly what forums should be about, people sharing their views.

It's great to have someone who clearly knew a bit about what was going on back then, it's not about the headlines, we've all seen those over the years, it's the incidental stuff, tales from the pits etc.

Thanks for giving us the insight.

Great stuff Macca really enjoyed it i have learned a great deal today i always think of Norden 83 Lee and Sanders for me one of them should of won the title.But my admiration for Muller is still unquestioned awesome on the day still think Bill should of been harder on Egon in there race but oh well a great rider hard but fair as well. Edited by sidney
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

All the best

He took Drugs - that is illegal and wrong. END OF!!! :mad:

So is the music on your mp3 player :lol:

It's a bit of weed. Come on guys...

Oh - and since when do you get Fined up for drinking a couple of pints?

You don't. But that doesn't stop people getting completely f**cked, starting fights, causing criminal damage and putting extra strain on the NHS when they need scooping off the floor and their stomach pumped at kicking out time or when their liver fails due to years of alcohol abuse.

Anybody who's smoked weed knows the real risks of smoking weed... and that's waking up £20 down because you ordered everything McDonalds had to offer in a munchies frenzy at 1 in the morning!

Weed is exactly the same as alcohol except it doesn't turn you violent and it doesn't lower your inhibitions.

Wise up.

You don't. But that doesn't stop people getting completely f**cked, starting fights, causing criminal damage and putting extra strain on the NHS when they need scooping off the floor and their stomach pumped at kicking out time or when their liver fails due to years of alcohol abuse.

Anybody who's smoked weed knows the real risks of smoking weed... and that's waking up £20 down because you ordered everything McDonalds had to offer in a munchies frenzy at 1 in the morning!

Weed is exactly the same as alcohol except it doesn't turn you violent and it doesn't lower your inhibitions.

Wise up.

Congratulations on being a ignorant idiot. Ive seen 1st hand the damage it can do. Yes Alcohol cam be bad simple fact is its legal weed isnt

• Like 1

Congratulations on being a ignorant idiot. Ive seen 1st hand the damage it can do. Yes Alcohol cam be bad simple fact is its legal weed isnt

But he's right, so how about putting your view forward instead of name calling. I'm first hand evidence of the fact that it doesn't damage like you claim, I've many friends who would testify to this.

I'm sorry if you've seen someone close to you have problems with drugs, it's not an easy thing to experience, but you're being unfair in making such sweeping statements. Maybe that person would have taken whichever route they chose whether or not they had used cannabis, had they used anything besides cannabis, did they blame cannabis, who did blame cannabis?

Lots of questions, no need to answer, just saying, that's all.

Just like the fella said, alcohol causes many more problems in this world than a bit weed ever did, or will.

For the record, I'm not a 'free the weed' campaigner of any sort, I'm quite happy just to get on with my own life and leave others to their's but if people like me don't speak up at times like these then too many folk will carry on with their blinkered view of anyone who might enjoy a different type of tipple to their own particular favourite. Each to their own.

thanks for listening

:t:

But he's right, so how about putting your view forward instead of name calling. I'm first hand evidence of the fact that it doesn't damage like you claim, I've many friends who would testify to this.

I'm sorry if you've seen someone close to you have problems with drugs, it's not an easy thing to experience, but you're being unfair in making such sweeping statements. Maybe that person would have taken whichever route they chose whether or not they had used cannabis, had they used anything besides cannabis, did they blame cannabis, who did blame cannabis?

Lots of questions, no need to answer, just saying, that's all.

Just like the fella said, alcohol causes many more problems in this world than a bit weed ever did, or will.

For the record, I'm not a 'free the weed' campaigner of any sort, I'm quite happy just to get on with my own life and leave others to their's but if people like me don't speak up at times like these then too many folk will carry on with their blinkered view of anyone who might enjoy a different type of tipple to their own particular favourite. Each to their own.

thanks for listening

:t:

Great post i know people who like there bit of smoke keep themselves to themselves do not affect anyone else.Drink is a different thing sometimes causes mayhem costing the tax payer money as you said each to there own.

Great post i know people who like there bit of smoke keep themselves to themselves do not affect anyone else.Drink is a different thing sometimes causes mayhem costing the tax payer money as you said each to there own.

But it is currently illegal sydney - and THAT is surely the point.

Isn't it scientifically proven that cannabis is (a) less harmful and (B) less addictive than both alcohol and tobacco? According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_%28mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence%29.svg this is also true of ecstasy and LSD. As such isn't it ludicrous that the more damaging drugs are legal whilst less harmful ones are still criminalised?

If somebody wishes to take these drugs in the privacy of their own home, harming nobody but themselves, then surely it is a gross misuse of public funds arresting and charging such people.

You have a good point WK but is that right to be illegal? i don't smoke never have like a pint though and is that worse ? more and likely it is.

You have a good point WK but is that right to be illegal? i don't smoke never have like a pint though and is that worse ? more and likely it is.

I believe that it IS right that Cannabis should be illegal sidney. My main reason is that it can be the starting point to getting in to more serious Drugs (please note - I said it CAN be the starting point - not it IS). Also - it IS a proven fact that 'Weed' can be the cause of Paranoia and other Mental problems.

For those reasons alone I believe they should remain banned Substances.

I too have never taken any Drugs, other than those prescribed by my Doctor obviously, in my life.

By the way - in my day 'Weed' meant something that lived in a back garden with some Plant Pots. (you'll need to be getting on to remember them though). :)

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 2

Wise up.

That's not correct. Cannabis contains many of the same chemical nasties that are found in tobacco, so anyone who smokes weed probably doesn't even know the risks of smoking tobacco let alone the risks of smoking weed. I remember George Harrison saying he quit smoking weed when he put some under a microscope and realised what muck he was passing into his brain.

Whether it is safer than alcohol is irrelevant. If you argue the case that alcohol is dangerous that doesn't somehow make cannabis safe.

• Like 1

How many times do people keep saying that ? read the report again is was not just weed it was pills as welland who know what else he takes ? ...this point about drink and weed and what should be legal means nothing ,I am sure all us have laws we don't like or don't agree with but for the uk to work we have to accept them, s, intill it it's legal then Lee is doing wrong . Edited by orion
  • Like 1

How many times do people keep saying that ? read the report again is was not just weed it was pills as welland who know what else he takes ? ...this point about drink and weed and what should be legal means nothing ,I am sure all us have laws we don't like or don't agree with but for the uk to work we have to accept them, s, intill it it's legal then Lee is doing wrong .

Yawn Yawn get a life and see things from every angle.

Yawn Yawn get a life and see things from every angle.

You need to get a life . Swindon at home at you are on here again you sad sap .Do you spend 24/7 on here sado .

You need to get a life . Swindon at home at you are on here again you sad sap .Do you spend 24/7 on here sado .

I went to the speedway you fool oops ) CLOWN what did you do? watch Eastenders you are the saddo now go and annoy someone else.