British Speedway Forum
Laghalt

Replace Interspan On Godden 500?

Hi all!

So sick of my (yellow) Interspan that ive decided to replace it.

After changeing batteries, have the bike running until the trigger/pickup died for good, I just want something that works.

Easy, cheap, and with my (not) skills, effect really doesnt matter.

So, what I think would be easiest is to put an ordinary external ignition coil to a 12v battery and a magnetp trigger. Theoretically it would work, or not?

I cant be the only one in the world to have these problems, what solutions are there, if even any.

ALL advice most most welcome!

Hi all!

So sick of my (yellow) Interspan that ive decided to replace it.

After changeing batteries, have the bike running until the trigger/pickup died for good, I just want something that works.

Easy, cheap, and with my (not) skills, effect really doesnt matter.

So, what I think would be easiest is to put an ordinary external ignition coil to a 12v battery and a magnetp trigger. Theoretically it would work, or not?

I cant be the only one in the world to have these problems, what solutions are there, if even any.

ALL advice most most welcome!

switch to selletra or pvl

switch to selletra or pvl

Unless it's a Magnum engine they won't fit. If it is a Max engine with electronic ignition then it might be possible to fit Boyer ignition. Most Goddens from the '80s though use points to trigger the box so space might be a problem.

Unless it's a Magnum engine they won't fit. If it is a Max engine with electronic ignition then it might be possible to fit Boyer ignition. Most Goddens from the '80s though use points to trigger the box so space might be a problem.

Where does it say Godden ?

Hi all!

Thanks for all replies.

It's a Max engine.

Honestly, looking at a brand new ignition, like Trackcraft rebuild would coat about as much as the bike itsef.

Just building a battery ignition perhaps, but it seems impossible to find a magneto-pickup?

Made the strangest solution that works out just fine:-)

Bought a RC-aircraftmotor battery/magneto-ignition and it works just as fine as the horrible interspan:-)

Total cost about 50£ plus a 12 volt mc battery.

Recommended solution for sunday riders.