British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Sheffield Tigers V Newcastle Diamonds Premier League 1st August

Berwick are at Ipswich aren't they.

Should be an easy home win. Similar Diamonds team to the Berwick match with Tully effectively replacing Henry. Henry though scored paid 13 from 5 at Berwick. Tully is woeful around Sheffield and with reduced options for r/r I can only see a home win by at least 10.

• Like 1

Trouble is we never know if our reserves are gonna show although Facu is starting to show what he can do as was Damo before his injury. Lawson needs his gating boots on or he's stuffed....Sheff by 8...fingers crossed.

the 7 day ruling would rule ricky out for this meeting Charlie boy. on tigers website that he has been booked in for next Thursday though.

It's the 8 day rule and doesn't count for the home side guest at number 1, so, theoretically Ricky Ashworth (or anyone else for that matter) can guest at Number 1 at Owlerton for the rest of the season (if available, of course!).

I DO sincerely hope Damien has a good meeting, he is a bloody lovely lad and is very talented. Lets not forget John Jorgensen was no overnight success either.

Stock cars were on last weekend in the rain, not expecting the smoothest of tracks.

Sheffield to edge it, but only just.

I am expecting much the same result as we saw form the last visit from the Diamonds.

• Like 1

Was going to come to this match but not now due to bspa stupid rules making team weaker. It's only the public who suffer like the same for Berwick at Ipswich , and what next Newcastle get a fine putting out a under strength team !!!

Is this the original fixture or a rearrangement?

I know Owlerton is not everyone's favourite track and Newcastle are weakened by Ludvig's situation but Sheffield fans beware the diamonds could just surprise you. I am really pleased to hear that Andre is back, maybe bad news for Newcastle but good luck to the ex-diamond.The Diamonds need good performances from our reserve pairing and how they go will have an impact on the result

Was going to come to this match but not now due to bspa stupid rules making team weaker. It's only the public who suffer like the same for Berwick at Ipswich , and what next Newcastle get a fine putting out a under strength team !!!

You're right the BSPA should have insisted he rides for the Diamonds instead of letting him go elsewhere.

You're right the BSPA should have insisted he rides for the Diamonds instead of letting him go elsewhere.

No doubt the Swedish authorities would say the same thing, in that he should ride for his Swedish side.

Edited by The Abbott

It's their choice to employ a rider who is committed to ride in his home country's league on a night which clashes with a PL fixture.

Ipswich fans are not suffering by Aspegren's absence - I'm sure he has missed a match at Foxhall before, when riding for Newport?

Speedway rules and predicaments are driving many away, it's stuff like this that makes me question why I go, after 33 years....