British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
colinc1968

Photo Help

Can anyone one give me an info on Finn Thompson,and Mark Dickinson was given some signed speedway pics these have names on the back of the photos i also have one other but it has no name on the back this is also signed so if anyone could pm me there email address I could scan and email it if they can help

Thanks

Colin

Finn Thomsen rode for Wolves in the early '70's before moving on to Hackney, where he was No1 for a spell. He was Ole Olsen's protege and was a decent heat leader in his time. (OMG I've just complimented a Wolf - time for my medication!)

Mark Dickinson rode for Workington in the late seventies/early eighties, from memory, and also for Barrow in their Furness Flyers incarnation. Bit of a white line rider, but not without talent. I seem to remember him as quite tall for a speedway rider.

See: http://wwosbackup.proboards.com/thread/799

True, Dicko master of the inside pass bends one and two.

True, Dicko master of the inside pass bends one and two.

I

There was a rider in the Comets team of that era who was particularly nervous and regularly threw up before a match. Was that Mark, as I recall?

I

There was a rider in the Comets team of that era who was particularly nervous and regularly threw up before a match. Was that Mark, as I recall?

Dont know?

From memory Mark Dickinson wasn't a whiteline rider at Oxford he was riding all over the place bloody good entertainment though. There was another rider from oop north around the sametime who rode exactly the same. The old NNL and NL had a multitude of entertaining riders.