Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

Mildenhall Fen Tigers V King's Lynn Young Stars

Why no Worrall or guest at one?

Doesn't really encourage fans to travel in all honesty.

Ritchings IS a 'Guest....

Indeed, was indicated he was guessing for Worrall but it appears it was actually for Lambert, am sure he tried hard but four points is nowhere near what Lambert would have scored.

Winning is of secondary importance for me personally in the NL but it doesn't encourage me to go and watch if the team is way understrength.

Indeed, was indicated he was guessing for Worrall but it appears it was actually for Lambert, am sure he tried hard but four points is nowhere near what Lambert would have scored.

Winning is of secondary importance for me personally in the NL but it doesn't encourage me to go and watch if the team is way understrength.

It's unfortunate that Master Lambert seems destined to be never available for weekend meetings which of course isn't very satisfactory for team morale surely. As for Steve Worrall, he's hardly set the world alight since first joining, and it was interesting to see Jake Knight practicing and having photos taken today, so I'd have an educated guess that it's a case of watch this space over the course of the next few days. Might be wrong, but somehow don't think so.

and wearing no 5 jacket if we are not mistaken !!!

It's unfortunate that Master Lambert seems destined to be never available for weekend meetings which of course isn't very satisfactory for team morale surely

Not a problem with that as we knew he'd be away at weekends when he was signed but surely a top guest could have been booked in his place rather than R/R and subsequently Ritchings once Worrall had withdrawn.

The Young Stars effectively went into today's meeting without their three top riders.

Kings Lynn took the lead in this match heat 7 when Ben Morley and Darren Mallet combined for a 4-2 over Dan Halsey and maintained it till the turning point in heat 10 Where Lewis Rose made a brilliant gate 3 bike lenghts in front ,only for the Mildenhall track staff on the center green including Rob Henry to throw up their arms appealing to the ref for a false start,,Rose seeing this,, then shut off expecting the red lights which never came on and the other 3 riders roared past him due to the actions of the centre green staff the ref should have called an unsatisfactory start but with Mildenhall,s riders in front he played the homer,,I and many others thought this was a disgrace,, and from then on Mildenhall dominated proceedings ,,,,,In heat 15 Nielson T boned Morley coming out of the last bend ripping out most of the spokes on Bens front wheel and he was lucky to stay on to hobble over the line for 2nd....Nielsen had fallen and rightfully excluded,,..Still a decent meeting the the high light for me was watching the emerging talent that is young Josh Bates score an immaculate 15 point max This lad i believe only 16 yrs is an outstanding prospect for the future

Kings Lynn took the lead in this match heat 7 when Ben Morley and Darren Mallet combined for a 4-2 over Dan Halsey and maintained it till the turning point in heat 10 Where Lewis Rose made a brilliant gate 3 bike lenghts in front ,only for the Mildenhall track staff on the center green including Rob Henry to throw up their arms appealing to the ref for a false start,,Rose seeing this,, then shut off expecting the red lights which never came on and the other 3 riders roared past him due to the actions of the centre green staff the ref should have called an unsatisfactory start but with Mildenhall,s riders in front he played the homer,,I and many others thought this was a disgrace,, and from then on Mildenhall dominated proceedings ,,,,,

Surely as in football you play to the whistle? Lewis Rose should have stopped when he saw the red lights not because he thought they may come on? The referee didn't see it as an unsatisfactory start so let the race continue. You are making something out of nothing here, simply it was a mistake by Rose, no one else and to be honest I doubt he was looking at the centre green as he gated?
  • Like 1

Not a problem with that as we knew he'd be away at weekends when he was signed but surely a top guest could have been booked in his place rather than R/R and subsequently Ritchings once Worrall had withdrawn.

The Young Stars effectively went into today's meeting without their three top riders.

Morley was booked for Kerr with R/R for Lambert but for some reason that was against the rules and the line up was changed or so the updates site said. I suppose on reflection a better guest for NO.1 may have been booked had it not been for this anomaly

Phil..I spoke to Lewis Rose and Rob Henry together after the meeting.. Rose did in fact stop because of the actions of the track staff and Rob admitted he was wrong and probably cost Rose the race,this was outside interference that should have been noticed by the ref as an unsatisfactory start ..Both Lewis and Rob agreed they would learn by their mistakes ,,there was no animosity and hopefully it will not happen again at Mildenhall..

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

why was it 14 pounds admission when the tigers website says 12 pounds admission

• Like 1

It was number 4.

did say 'if we are not mistaken' to be honest I do not like the KLYS race jackets as it is very difficult to make out the numbers on the back and I cannot always tell who is who except for the ones I can recognise. eg Darren Mallet and Lewis Rose.