British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
high edge

Useless Add Ons

Dirt deflectors the new silencers,hardly any dirt to deflect new silencers make engines run to hot and bikes unpredictable. dirt dust deflector over priced ripp off new silencer cost as much as most cars full system what a rip off for the riders.A combination of useless add ons all over priced,racing follow the leader not much passing (passing only in the National League}please sort out a silencer that allows more throttle control,riders are afraid to let off throttle its full on from start if they do the bike can rear out of control or if they hit some dirt the motor dies that is like coming off the throttle and the bike rears the silencers have made it harder to control the bikes and made speedway even more dangerous .Tell me why the so called experts dont listen to what riders tell them the wire filled silencer is much safer to ride and also allows the engine to run cooler,that

in turn reduces wear and tear on engines.Surely it would be common sense to change things and make it safer and hopefully cut down on some needless costs.

• Like 1

Dirt deflectors the new silencers,hardly any dirt to deflect new silencers make engines run to hot and bikes unpredictable. dirt dust deflector over priced ripp off new silencer cost as much as most cars full system what a rip off for the riders.A combination of useless add ons all over priced,racing follow the leader not much passing (passing only in the National League}please sort out a silencer that allows more throttle control,riders are afraid to let off throttle its full on from start if they do the bike can rear out of control or if they hit some dirt the motor dies that is like coming off the throttle and the bike rears the silencers have made it harder to control the bikes and made speedway even more dangerous .Tell me why the so called experts dont listen to what riders tell them the wire filled silencer is much safer to ride and also allows the engine to run cooler,that

in turn reduces wear and tear on engines.Surely it would be common sense to change things and make it safer and hopefully cut down on some needless costs.

huh ?

you've obviously had a long day... grab a beer and calm down maybe.

• Like 2

the trouble is none of the riders or promoters have the guts to tell the authorities to f..ck off. at least the poles tried. in Britain we all roll over and toe the party line. a basic motorbike sport ruined by stupid rules and the money grabbing bspa and the f I m

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but don't National League Riders have to use the "New" silencers and dirt Deflectors which would suggest that one of the reasons there is more passing is that the Engines are probably less highly tuned and therefore more "rideable" than those at the top level.Regarding costs both the items mentioned are for a niche market with corresponding very small production runs in the greater scheme of things,so don't benefit from the cost savings of high volume mass production.It is also unfair to compare the cost of a bike exhaust which has to be cosmetically appealing eg have an attractive surface finish against something hidden under a car. Compared to other Aftermarket or OE Motorcycle exhausts the King silencers are competetively priced and also cheaper than the Main Dealer price for a Hyundai Getz exhaust system I recently purchased.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but don't National League Riders have to use the "New" silencers and dirt Deflectors which would suggest that one of the reasons there is more passing is that the Engines are probably less highly tuned and therefore more "rideable" than those at the top level.Regarding costs both the items mentioned are for a niche market with corresponding very small production runs in the greater scheme of things,so don't benefit from the cost savings of high volume mass production.It is also unfair to compare the cost of a bike exhaust which has to be cosmetically appealing eg have an attractive surface finish against something hidden under a car. Compared to other Aftermarket or OE Motorcycle exhausts the King silencers are competetively priced and also cheaper than the Main Dealer price for a Hyundai Getz exhaust system I recently purchased.

You Getz what you pay for. :rofl::cheers:

• Like 1

The wire filled silencers came no where near passing the noise test.

King recons his new type does

No King doesn't, when correctly tested King's the Swedes and the Danes were around 6db louder than the current FIM King.

So they are nearly as noisy as the old King silencer.

Overpriced? http://www.sportsbik...content_cat/104

Suggests that current Speedway silencers are pretty well priced for such a limited market, you can't really expect them to be priced like a Ford Fiesta. Of course you could just bury your head in the sand and pretend there are no noise issues effecting motorcycle sport but the truth is that noise limits will continue to reduce in the years to come. You could get all the riders together and tell the FIM to shove it, would be perfect for any council wanting to close a Speedway track to be able to go to court and say that they are refusing to follow the rules laid down by the sports own governing body. Within ten year riders wouldn't need to defy the FIM any more as they wouldn't have tracks to race on. For good or bad times change and ways will have to be found to make the bikes work at new noise levels.

As for the price of dirt deflectors and parts for them - I can't argue with that.

Edited by Vince

Overpriced? http://www.sportsbik...content_cat/104

Suggests that current Speedway silencers are pretty well priced for such a limited market, you can't really expect them to be priced like a Ford Fiesta. Of course you could just bury your head in the sand and pretend there are no noise issues effecting motorcycle sport but the truth is that noise limits will continue to reduce in the years to come. You could get all the riders together and tell the FIM to shove it, would be perfect for any council wanting to close a Speedway track to be able to go to court and say that they are refusing to follow the rules laid down by the sports own governing body. Within ten year riders wouldn't need to defy the FIM any more as they wouldn't have tracks to race on. For good or bad times change and ways will have to be found to make the bikes work at new noise levels.

these would be the same tracks that other nights of the week run stockcars and bangers which half dont even have silencers and drop oil all over the place yet we get crucified for spilling a droplet from our breather pipes. if this were cricket football f1 or any other sport noise wouldnt be an issue. there are some people in the world that love noise and we have as much right to make it as any tree loving person. and im bloody well going to
  • Like 2

I love motorcycle noise as well but unless all motorsports combine under a single umbrella to insist on their right to exist and make noise the anti's are going to keep making life harder for all of us. What I have seen of the likes of the FIM and the ACU over the years the anti everything brigade are going to have a pretty easy time of it!

these would be the same tracks that other nights of the week run stockcars and bangers which half dont even have silencers and drop oil all over the place yet we get crucified for spilling a droplet from our breather pipes.

We better not tell them about the chain oiler's then.

these would be the same tracks that other nights of the week run stockcars and bangers which half dont even have silencers and drop oil all over the place yet we get crucified for spilling a droplet from our breather pipes. if this were cricket football f1 or any other sport noise wouldnt be an issue. there are some people in the world that love noise and we have as much right to make it as any tree loving person. and im bloody well going to

That's a bit harsh on what you loosely term as stock car and bangers! The sport is far more organised than its generally given credit for. There are strict restrictions on cars and before racing takes place they are checked by scrutineers before going on track. The governing bodies for the various forumulas come down harshly on those who break their rules and unlike speedway give lengthy - sometimes life - bans on culprits.

The trouble is people think what is really small oval car racing is still living in those rather heady days of its introduction to this country in 1954 whereas it has moved on. In some formulas (non-contact National Hot Rods and Formula One) the cost of the top drivers cars runs into five figure pounds (a top National Hot Rod could be as much as £20,000).

And another factor - "stock car" followers do not have the same animosity to speedway that seems to exist in the other direction.

That's a bit harsh on what you loosely term as stock car and bangers! The sport is far more organised than its generally given credit for. There are strict restrictions on cars and before racing takes place they are checked by scrutineers before going on track. The governing bodies for the various forumulas come down harshly on those who break their rules and unlike speedway give lengthy - sometimes life - bans on culprits.

The trouble is people think what is really small oval car racing is still living in those rather heady days of its introduction to this country in 1954 whereas it has moved on. In some formulas (non-contact National Hot Rods and Formula One) the cost of the top drivers cars runs into five figure pounds (a top National Hot Rod could be as much as £20,000).

And another factor - "stock car" followers do not have the same animosity to speedway that seems to exist in the other direction.

i wasnt knocking stocks i was just making the point about speedway gets a raw deal for spilling a droplet oil .personally i think speedway should be more like stocks and not trying to be something its not

exactly. people who like noise have as much right to enjoy it as the miserable people who don't. you"re a long time dead and it"ll be quiet enough then! its about time everybody told them to drop dead. noise speed and dirt all good for your health
  • Like 2