British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Rye House Pl 4/8/13 @3 P.m.

I said before the meeting that Pontus would be your trump card and even with josh's superb maximum I think he was. If you dont want him next seen Id love to see him in the stripes lol

I was impressed with Anders for us - and that was with bike problems!

I can't remember the last time an enforced mid season signing worked so well for us. Stefan Ekberg perhaps?

The general consensus amongst the Rye fans I know is that we'd very much like to see Pontus as a full time Rocket next year.

Just another example of what's wrong with the sport, a team getting beaten not by the actual opposing team but by a guest from another team.

On a different note, what's the current situation on the Raj? Is he riding at present?

As far as I am aware, he has given up the sport altogether and is working as a postman in Poland - a safe secure job in light of him now having a family.

Just another example of what's wrong with the sport, a team getting beaten not by the actual opposing team but by a guest from another team.

And your solution is?

• Like 1

And your solution is?

There is no solution. It's all too late. Speedway's problems have been growing season-on-season. They are too many now and things can only get worse as "more bright ideas" are put forward by organisers and promoters to improve things...! :sad:

Looking forward to next season now and team building hopefully we can sign a decent side like..

Lawson

Bager

Thomsen

wethers

pijper

sneddon

jacobs

Heres to next march.

Looking forward to next season now and team building hopefully we can sign a decent side like..

Lawson

Bager

Thomsen

wethers

pijper

sneddon

jacobs

Heres to next march.

The fan boy's won't like this Mick

I like sneddon does his job every week but i know he a monarch and chances of him coming west are pretty slim maybe charles wright? But GAZ would you like to see sneddon? I think you know what your getting with deek and he rides well at the dale. this side would run them pretty well over there and maybe even win.

I like sneddon does his job every week but i know he a monarch and chances of him coming west are pretty slim maybe charles wright? But GAZ would you like to see sneddon? I think you know what your getting with deek and he rides well at the dale. this side would run them pretty well over there and maybe even win.

Im not to fussed either way Mick all i want is to have 7 riders totally committed and at least win at home think my plan would get 3 or 4 really promising youngish riders like Thomsen or in his mould who will improve on there average and ride 100% throw in 3 experienced heads mid-late 20s and that is a pretty good formula in my eyes.

Edited by Gazc

Lawson

Bager

Thomsen

wethers

pijper

sneddon

jacobs

Heres to next march.

Lawson is a younger version of what we have now at No1. Would have Theo back in a minute, one of the best second strings around but no chance Edin will let him go. I said above that we need to spend a min of 8 points on the reserves so they interchange with underperformers in the main body throughout the season. No ta for Sneddon or Jacobs think Ringwood would be a better 3 pointer thereafter Aspgren, Carl Wilkinson maybe. Sounds like Bager is assured of coming back next year and unless Berwick get in the way :blink: Thomsen should become an asset early next year. Perhaps the hardest replacement is for Grieves, workmanlike at home, with the occasional flyer and always certain of double figures. After signing a new No1 we should then build the team from the bottom up.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware, he has given up the sport altogether and is working as a postman in Poland - a safe secure job in light of him now having a family.

Pity. Cheers cheggie.

I echo your thoughts Gazc want same guys giving 100% for the tigers.

Guys with hunger and a bit of fire in their bellies.

Why are people still trying to build fantasy squads, when it is as obvious as my frontage the leagues will have a different structure, and different points-limits, next season?

Just let every current track still have speedway next season, and we might all be grateful.

On a more-topical note, it is flagged in the International section how Joe Jacobs replaces Ashley Morris on Saturday in the World Under 21 Final at Berwick.

• Like 1