British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Ipswich V Redcar 10/8

ex-Witch Dennis Sigalos will be visiting Foxhall on Thursday August 22nd (Ipswich v Plymouth).

Good times! Could you ask him to bring some Justice Bros. stickers please?!

Taken from Ipswich Witches website:

Fans Forum On Saturday Night

Thursday, 08 August 2013 08:32

Also advance notice that ex-Witch Dennis Sigalos will be visiting Foxhall on Thursday August 22nd (Ipswich v Plymouth).

Now I'll certainly be there! My idol as a kid growing up in the 80's. Witches legend.

Sigalos was easily one of the smoothest and most stylish riders ever - he made the sport look effortless.

Paired-up with Penhall to become Powerboat racing champions after they retired from speedway. Some excellent articles online from USA, dated around 1995, if you use Sigalos Penhall Powerboat as your keywords.

I always remember an interview with Sigalos on the centregreen at Foxhall when he mentioned his friends from Hi-Point. Of course, everyone in the crowd heard it as "Highpoint" which is a prison in Suffolk! There were a few raised eyebrows and a lot of laughter :).

I also remember some good times at the Royal William in Ipswich, where Cook & Sigalos were well looked after by hosts Keith & Sandy.

When Sigalos visits Foxhall it will be just a few days after his 54th birthday.

Good times! Could you ask him to bring some Justice Bros. stickers please?!

I've dug out my old ex-Siggy Justice Bros cap for him to sign again as the original autograph has faded!

Edited by Shrimpfan

Can't believe that Sigalos has hijacked an Ipswich v Redcar thread....

The last time I saw him, Siggy hadn't aged that well and I hardly recognised him - yes, I know I can talk about aging well....

A super, smooth, fast and stylish rider, but Sanders was the better rider and was a far better servant to the Witches. Loved '83 when the two of them road in the team together - think Sigalos just missed out on an 11pt average that season. Just a shame some of Sigalos' 'fans' were so nasty to Billy.

Can't believe that Sanders has hijacked an Ipswich v Redcar thread....... ;)

Ha, ha brilliant. Maybe Sam Tesar can hijack the Ipswich v Plymouth thread when it starts.

Yes Siggy was No.3 in the World, behind Bruce Penhall and Les Collins in LA in 1982. Sanders was 3rd in 1980 and 2nd in 1983 and was in 3 x Witches League winning sides in 1975, 1976 & 1984 and KO Cup winner in 1976, 1978 & 1984 captaining the Witches to a league and cup double. Good times which, tragically, weren't going to last much longer.....

Edited by macca56
  • Like 2

Well, Sigalos has actually, with Sanders joining the fun. Two quite different riders, but equally brilliant in their own ways - and terrific personalities too.

There really is something missing these days.

• Like 2

Is it the normal start time tonight?

Sure is - 7.30 parade with first race 7.45

Good to see the Thread back on track. Maybe we can revive the Sigalos / Sanders debate when the Plymouth thread is started.

Weather forecast good for tonight, cloudy but warm, only dropping to 19c by 10pm.

Hopefully a decent attendance for an off-night meeting and all the riders finish the meeting safe and well.