British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Latvian Gp Saturday 17th August

What's the construction of the pitch got to do with the shape of the stadium?

If you have to lay the track over the pitch, the pitch will almost certainly have to be relaid in parts. Maybe okay during the close season, but certainly not okay if the pitch is needed for a match the following week.

Sorry. forced to disappoint you

You haven't disappointed me. Some basic research suggests the unlikelihood of a GP in Riga unless some serious money is spent.

Rather a shame as Riga would be a nice city to have a GP.

You haven't disappointed me. Some basic research suggests the unlikelihood of a GP in Riga unless some serious money is spent.

Rather a shame as Riga would be a nice city to have a GP.

We have only one speedway team, only one track and seven national riders (half of them 16-18 years old)

It's not first speak about speedway revive in Riga, but in this year we have great success in SWC and maybe it help

I hope.....

Edited by S.B

Thought Laguta was in dispute with the MFR and then seemed to change alliance to latvia.The talk at the time was he tried to change nationality but couldn't pass the language test

So the Welsh are lucky they do not have to pass this test then

• Like 1

So the Welsh are lucky they do not have to pass this test then

The British GP is in Wales. If the wildcard has to speak the local language I think 68 year old Myfanwy could get the chance next year on his bicycle.

Who do you think will replace Kjastas Puodzuks as one of the track reserves?

He seems to have broken his hand/wrist yesterday?

Puodzuks broken wrist in Togliatti

First reserve - Bogdanov

Second - Giruckis

http://www.ltv.lv/lv...-zinjas.a17011/

Beginning in the 3.00 Riga Bikernieki stadium view at this time. Sorry. program in the Latvian language but can be heard Olsson speech about Riga GP prospects

Great to watch this. Fantastic old video- where on earth did they dig that up from? I think they also need to show the sport as it is today too.. :lol: The only thing i could hear Ole say, over the voiceover, was "needs a lot of work". Still, that's what dreams are made of, and i hope they can succeed in getting the funding together. Also it is fascinating to see how we live in a global sports village today, with a lot of the same clips shown as on sportscasts here (USA) and the toothpaste ads that make it all possible. :t: Thank you for putting this up and good luck. I'll be watching a stream tomorrow. Alan.

Edited by brandonbee48

Would it be permissable to post a link to a betting blog with a price guide for all of tomorrow´s heats? When the bookmaker prices come out there will be a follow up piece suggesting the best bets.

Thanks in advance.

FOR the first time that I can recall, Tomasz Gollob pulled out of practice this evening after just three of his six runs. No sign of any injury, just apathy. No doubt he will go out and blitz the field tomorrow...

Nothing else out of the ordinary today but Emil Sayfutdinov, riding different lines to most, looked very good.

FOR the first time that I can recall, Tomasz Gollob pulled out of practice this evening after just three of his six runs. No sign of any injury, just apathy. No doubt he will go out and blitz the field tomorrow...

Nothing else out of the ordinary today but Emil Sayfutdinov, riding different lines to most, looked very good.

Gollob did the same in Gdansk (first SEC round). On a slick track he is always able to find good setup straight away (actually this days he can only be true himself on a slick tracks, any grip or bumps and no Gollob which is sad). Was is typical Daugavpils ultra slick track during practice? You say Emil tried different lines. Interesting. In last few meetings including Terenzano and Togliatti he was pretty slow and I believe his bikes are better when there is a little bit more grip. IMO the slicker the better for Tai at this stage of the season.