British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Latvian Gp Saturday 17th August

After his second title?

Probably never have the consistency to win one until he realises that it needs hard work too.

Niamh

Let's see what the average is come the last GP. However, I would rather Woffinden won it this year than Darcy if they had both stayed fit.

Wish there was some way Radio 5 live or Talk Sport would actually acknowledge that a Brit is leading a GP Series. Instead they harp on about lady golfers!

Tai only needs to beat Emil now. He said that himself 2 GPs ago. Winning a GP or beating Darcy Ward isn't vital.

Probably never have the consistency to win one until he realises that it needs hard work too.

Niamh

I think you will discover Darcy is extremely consistent in the GP series. The most naturally gifted rider I have ever witnessed.

Somebody maybe Holder needs to get hold of Ward and make him realise what he could throw away. Arrogant that he didn't need to do what Tai is doing. Take a good look Darcy because you may never reach his level on the world championship if you think all you need to do is turn up and ride

not saying Darcy is right or wrong but Chris Holder said in an interview earlier in the year that he has never been to a gym in his life its not his thing. he is not doing to badly because of it

It seems to me that Darcy knows exactly what he is and isn't doing and the consequences, what he does about it we'll have to wait and see . . .

It seems to me that Darcy knows exactly what he is and isn't doing and the consequences, what he does about it we'll have to wait and see . . .

Practicing and getting coached on gating would have to be high on the priority list. If he gates more consistently well he will threaten for the title.

I think you will discover Darcy is extremely consistent in the GP series. The most naturally gifted rider I have ever witnessed.

Not as natural as Lee.

If he can sort gating he will be multiple world champ if he trains or not. People may not like him and call him arrogant etc but he is very very fast, brave and unbelievably talented. I understand not liking Darcy the person but his ability is undeniable. From what you read he doesnt sound a charming lad but he is one of the few i really enjoy watching

If he can sort gating he will be multiple world champ if he trains or not. People may not like him and call him arrogant etc but he is very very fast, brave and unbelievably talented. I understand not liking Darcy the person but his ability is undeniable. From what you read he doesnt sound a charming lad but he is one of the few i really enjoy watching

No chance the way he rides and acts he unlikely to get past season without a big crash or being arrested ...great talent but won't be a world champion under this format

not enough

da9888f00983.jpg

There are better

67cd1798079d.jpg

• Like 1

No chance the way he rides and acts he unlikely to get past season without a big crash or being arrested ...great talent but won't be a world champion under this format

Dont put your life savings on it, it is in his hands people don't get to his level by just having talent and nothing else.He has made a few mistakes so what, i believe he will be a world champion he will of learned alot from this year.

It is a pity. the TV broadcast did not show all entire volume.

I hope so. that the BSI organizers will not leave Latvia without a GP stage in the next year

Latvian Prime Minister on the draw

25ad642963db.jpg

For those to say Ward cant win the world title unless he gates well look at Mark Loram.

Problem with Ward will be the same its his attitude and the fact that he looks like he is always due to crash - a fact that stopped him from possibly being on the rostrum this year

very very talented i agree but.....

Michael Lee

Mark Loram

Jan O Pedersen

Tony Rickardsson

are 4 i would say were more natural or on a par with Ward.

Can Darcy emulate those 4 and be a world champion?

Or is he destined to be like a Kelly Moran? All the natural ability in the world 4th on his debut world final but due partly to his poor attitude never achieved what he should have.