British Speedway Forum
iris123

Greatest Fantasy Team

Local riders also included: Mick Hines, Trevor Jones, Ted Howgego, Dave Gooderham, Kevin Jolly, Andy Hines, Colin Cook, Nigel Flatman and Ben Howe.

I don't think many (if any) other teams can match that sort of home grown quality.

And, of course, even Billy Sanders, although Australian, started at Ipswich when he was only 16.

Full circle, back to Newcastle after 1960.

Brian Craven

Brian Brett

Ivan Mauger

Ole Olsen

Anders Michanek

George Hunter

Tom Owen

Joe Owen

Rod Hunter

Robbie Blackadder

Nicki Pederson

Bjarne Pedersen

Kenneth Bjerre and one of my favourites to make 14 :-

Graham Stapleton.

Local riders also included: Mick Hines, Trevor Jones, Ted Howgego, Dave Gooderham, Kevin Jolly, Andy Hines, Colin Cook, Nigel Flatman and Ben Howe.

I don't think many (if any) other teams can match that sort of home grown quality.

And, of course, even Billy Sanders, although Australian, started at Ipswich when he was only 16.

B) Yes as I said there are some others, but I dont think Ben Howe is one. He certainly lived in Crawley from around 1993 and Billy Saunders lived at Hadleigh about 10 miles from town. :blink:

Talking of Ipswich juniors. I've just come across a report of an exhibition match race held in 1992 at Foxhall when the 14 year old Leigh Lanham beat the 13 year old Scott Nicholls.....

Talking of Ipswich juniors. I've just come across a report of an exhibition match race held in 1992 at Foxhall when the 14 year old Leigh Lanham beat the 13 year old Scott Nicholls.....

B) They certainy rode round in exhibitions befor the main match around that time. Dont think they raced though. Leigh being the older of the two normally lead the way followed by Scott. :)