British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Sheffield (pl) 8/8/13 @ 7.30pm

Would someone who was at this meeting check their programme and confirm who the rider in blue was in heat 7 for me please?

Would someone who was at this meeting check their programme and confirm who the rider in blue was in heat 7 for me please?

Sneddon replaced Davey in blue.

• Like 1

Wasn't there, but pretty clear from photo the rider in blue (Vissing?) has his arm over the rider in yellow (Branford's) right arm, which will clearly have the effect of holding Branford's throttle open and would be pulling him sideways while the bike maintained full speed ahead..

Nothing wrong in out-of-the-gate arm-wrestling, just a terrible outcome in this instance.

Agree with the posts by Boobs and Junior Fan. Totally disagree with Caithgen's post -- reports from officials?

Just goes to show us how our perceptions differ.

I think that blue is simply riding straight (with a lead on the rider in white) and that white is flipping onto him.

Not that I am disagreeing with you, just demonstrating that a still can be 'six of one, half a dozen of the other' when we all look at photographs.

Hope that any injuries heal quickly.

Edited by DukesGreg

It would be good to see a sequence of photos' leading up to the one shown in the press. I wasn't there so have no idea of what did actually happen so cannot comment on the incident. However I have said before on these pages that Vissing is an enthusiastic rider who sometimes borders on the reckless and have seen him on two occasions on the third bend at Owlerton in circumstances that make me wonder what's going on in his head. One involved Paul Cooper and the other Ashley Birks, both of these incidents could have involved serious injuries to the named riders, but fortunately didn't.

Can't comment on this occasion as I've said, but this won't have made Claus any more popular at Sheffield!

Branford was of off gate 3 and Vissing was of off 4 they both made the gate with Claus trying to get across his opponent into the first bend they locked together straightened up and went flying through the fence and a high speed.

Nobody was at fault it was just one of those things.