British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
manchesterpaul

Sgp/bsi And Sec/one Sport It Is War Now

Late night news Tuesday from Sportowefakty has Emil Sayfutdinov considering withdrawing from the SGP series. Sabre rattling for more pay or is he serious?

"Returning to health after a serious injury Emil Sayfutdinov considering to resign from competing in Grand Prix. - Riding in the elite does not come cheap, and there is no profit - explained the representative of Russia......On top of this came the policy still prohibits competing in GP and IME. I do not understand this. After all, these events can function side by side."

Sounds like he wants paying more for racing the sports top event, and quire right too, he gets more (if they had paid him!) for scoring 7 points in a Polish league match than for winning a GP...ridiculous

Interesting reading on Emil''s Facebook - suggests from reading the translation his decision is made! :(

As I said read Emil's fan Facebook page (depending on which translator you use) but certainly not a very positive article.

As I said read Emil's fan Facebook page (depending on which translator you use) but certainly not a very positive article.

So it's Emil out and Bomber in. How could it get any better!
  • Like 1

Was just coming on to post having seen a similar article in Sportwefakty but my main observation was the surprising mention that the SGP series is not shown in Russia! Don't BSI usually claim it's seen in something like 456,342 countries and 87% of all known galaxies in the universe lol.

Strange they seem to be overlooking an attempt at marketing the series within that ever so miniscule population of 143,600,000* people *(according to Wikipedia).

Incidentally, for those who don't want to visit the articles, Emil hasn't actually CHOSEN the SEC over SGP, but stated that he will if he HAS TO choose between the two. Reason being his sponsors get TV air time with the SEC.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/400779/emil-sajfutdinow-znalazl-sponsorow-na-grand-prix-jest-jednak-jeden-warunek

Edited by manchesterpaul
  • Like 1

THE countries and TV stations that show the SGP in various forms (live, delayed, highlights, etc) are well-documented, verifiable and available in the Media Guide they produce each year.

Despite Emil's success. speedway isn't big in Russia as a whole which is probably why there isn't a TV deal in place.

This dispute between the FIM and One Sport still has some way to run and I wouldn't take too much notice of some of the propaganda coming out of Poland, where let's not forget Emil now rides for Torun whose owner has an association with Nice who are sponsors of the SEC... it is a tangled web.

Despite Emil's success. speedway isn't big in Russia as a whole which is probably why there isn't a TV deal in place.

Speedway isn't big in most of the places where it's claimed to be shown, so it would seem surprising there's no deal in one of the few countries that has a professional league.

WITH some tracks literally thousands of miles from another... don't think you can seriously compare Russia with any other country. Actually, I don't even know what their TV coverage is like. Are the channels nation wide or more localised?

Was just coming on to post having seen a similar article in Sportwefakty but my main observation was the surprising mention that the SGP series is not shown in Russia! Don't BSI usually claim it's seen in something like 456,342 countries and 87% of all known galaxies in the universe lol.

Strange they seem to be overlooking an attempt at marketing the series within that ever so miniscule population of 143,600,000* people *(according to Wikipedia).

U

Incidentally, for those who don't want to visit the articles, Emil hasn't actually CHOSEN the SEC over SGP, but stated that he will if he HAS TO choose between the two. Reason being his sponsors get TV air time with the SEC.

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzThe count el/400779/emil-sajfutdinow-znalazl-sponsorow-na-grand-prix-jest-jednak-jeden-warunek

The count has now been nullified by the BBC MOTD MFI SEC MOD MI5 due to BSI being under the influence of kryptonite. All riders are to report to HQ MATCH.COM where all competitions will be watched by trillions of Russian single ladies who claim they can be your wife for winning 1 race.

THE countries and TV stations that show the SGP in various forms (live, delayed, highlights, etc) are well-documented, verifiable and available in the Media Guide they produce each year.

This dispute between the FIM and One Sport still has some way to run and I wouldn't take too much notice of some of the propaganda coming out of Poland, where let's not forget Emil now rides for Torun whose owner has an association with Nice who are sponsors of the SEC... it is a tangled web.

I'm aware of that Philip but was totally ignorant that they don't have it screened in Russia, or are you saying they actually do have Russia listed?. There are some very 'strange' countries on one of the lists that i remember seeing and nations having no tradition or even knowledge of the sport.

Of course though, broadcasting a programme in say 100 countries doesn't mean that it is even remotely being significantly viewed in those places. It's very likely stuck in an early Saturday morning or early hours filler slot as programmes such as Transworld Sport are. A great little programme but scant few get to watch it.

At the end of the day there is potential appetite for the sport in Russia when one witnesses on the internet during the summer stadiums with hefty five-figure crowds for league matches and abounding enthusiasm and a great time being had by all. Shouldn't the SGP/BSI/FIM/WHOEVER be leaping to grab some of that? Interesting that the league is inferior to the Elite when it comes to competitiveness due to the mere five or four teams that make it up, yet you see fans with elaborate banners and bedecked in all sorts of team merchandise, they clearly aren't all casual first time attendees.

Not disagreeing with your oft repeated mention of the bias/propaganda of One Sport's associates but clearly the same goes for the FIM's/BSI's cohorts and lackeys.

Speedway isn't big in most of the places where it's claimed to be shown, so it would seem surprising there's no deal in one of the few countries that has a professional league.

Indeed, compare Russia to for instance the desolate terraces of Italian and Czech (Pardubice aside) when they stage domestic meetings. I remember earlier this year linking to photos taken from one of, or possibly 'the', opening league match of the Czech Season which resulted in a thrilling draw held in a very neat and clean stadium in a magnificent setting with world class riders. The stadium was deserted and from what i gather the various Italian team and individual championships suffer the same fate, hell! as do the GP's in Italy.

WITH some tracks literally thousands of miles from another... don't think you can seriously compare Russia with any other country. Actually, I don't even know what their TV coverage is like. Are the channels nation wide or more localised?

Sadly speedway has a very narrow 'local' geographical base to it in more than a couple of countries. Don't know if they have it shown on TV, my observations was on the internet streamed meetings, some by the clubs themselves i think.

Edited by manchesterpaul

As far as I know there's a mixture of national and regional channels.

Can imagine that interest in speedway is fairly regional in Russia, but the same could be said for many speedway countries. Would have thought Australia is similar in terms of vast distances between some tracks, but the SGP is still shown there, right?

If speedway is shown in China and the UAE that have zero tracks and no tradition of the sport whatsoever, it's a bit odd that it's not even on Eurosport Russia or some late night channel.

Edited by Humphrey Appleby