British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Sheffield V Edinburgh (pl) 15/8/13 @7.45pm

olly greenwood put some effort in and didn't disgrace himself, hope Mitchell Davey is going to be ok, in 41 years of watching the sport that was one of the worst crashes i have seen, horrible, from the 3rd/4th bend it appeared there was no connection with greenwood, he seemed to straighten up and head straight towards the fence.

It seems Mitchell Davey has a broken leg... and as Romans Lovechild says... an absolutely horrific accident.

I'm not kidding when I say that he was LUCKY to escape with a broken leg.

Best of wishes to him, and his recover. I still shudder now thinking of the crash.

• Like 1

Hoggys comment tonight : Hoggart admits his side were simply outgunned; "It was as tough as we expected, they're a very good side and I have no problem with them winning because they were just better than us.

Everyone in the league is better than us .. We are next to bottom again for a second successive season!!

Hello anyone there you built the shambles last 2 year.. Thankfully I have hardened and stopped going , I would normally put up with the rubbish as I would think it might get better.. I have realised it won't and there is no interest from the top.. I really think after 14 years I need a new team..

Without being too cruel (because his crash was horrific) Davey getting injured significantly assisted Edinburgh. He would have had to have had two more rides and its entirely possible he wouldn't have scored a point. The meeting would have been a lot, lot closer.

I wasn't too impressed with the side the Tigers put out at the start of the season but what could go wrong has for Sheffield, particularly with injury. They had just rebuilt the side when Stead got injured, Koppe started to motor then the same thing happened and Roynon, too, seemed to be getting it together when he broke a collar bone. On top of that Haines - who could score some big points at Owlerton - retired.

Merely brushing all that aside is most unfair and they are anything but the only team whose season has been destroyed by injuries.

olly greenwood put some effort in and didn't disgrace himself, hope Mitchell Davey is going to be ok, in 41 years of watching the sport that was one of the worst crashes i have seen, horrible, from the 3rd/4th bend it appeared there was no connection with greenwood, he seemed to straighten up and head straight towards the fence.

Very impressed with Greenwood.

Agree on the crash - in a way, I am thankful it is only a broken leg.

Well I was hoping to be proved wrong but as I predicted 10 -12 points defeat.Track suited wellsy who put in a good performance.Olli put in plenty of effort but we were found wanting as usual at the gate.Good luck to adam and mitch with their injuries.Roll on the end of the season.

Hoggys comment tonight : Hoggart admits his side were simply outgunned; It was as tough as we expected, theyre a very good side and I have no problem with them winning because they were just better than us.

Everyone in the league is better than us .. We are next to bottom again for a second successive season!!

Hello anyone there you built the shambles last 2 year.. Thankfully I have hardened and stopped going , I would normally put up with the rubbish as I would think it might get better.. I have realised it won't and there is no interest from the top.. I really think after 14 years I need a new team..

Although I can understand why you may feel disillusioned the events of this season have given Sheffield one hell of a kicking and there has to come a point where there are limitations on what can be done. The injuries this season to the Sheffield team have obviously taken its toll; but also the shock of Ricky Ashworth's injury will surely have had a major impact on his many friends at Sheffield; it can't be coincidental that Joe Haines retired shortly afterwards.

A dreadful season undoubtedly but I'm just about old enough to have been brought up to support my team through thick and thin. Under the current stewardship Sheffield have had many more good years than bad; Owlerton is undoubtedly the best stadium in the sport and the racing is consistently up there with the best tracks. The cup is still more than half full.

• Like 4

Better to support your team and have a speedway there, regardless of how the season goes on the track.

I was brought up going to Halifax, and of course have no team of my own to follow.

Better to have occasional smatterings of mediocrity, than to have nothing there to watch at all.

• Like 8

Although I can understand why you may feel disillusioned the events of this season have given Sheffield one hell of a kicking and there has to come a point where there are limitations on what can be done. The injuries this season to the Sheffield team have obviously taken its toll; but also the shock of Ricky Ashworth's injury will surely have had a major impact on his many friends at Sheffield; it can't be coincidental that Joe Haines retired shortly afterwards.

A dreadful season undoubtedly but I'm just about old enough to have been brought up to support my team through thick and thin. Under the current stewardship Sheffield have had many more good years than bad; Owlerton is undoubtedly the best stadium in the sport and the racing is consistently up there with the best tracks. The cup is still more than half full.

We have had our disagreements in the past but I'd say every word of that is spot on. Well said indeed.

• Like 1

Good result for the mighty monarchs last night. Hope Mitchell recovers soon, been very unlucky this season.

Sheffield seem to have been treading water for a few years. They tried something different in terms of team building this year; elements have worked and luck has not always favoured them. The team is built around Simon stead, the guy is massive l

Good result for the mighty monarchs last night. Hope Mitchell recovers soon, been very unlucky this season.

Sheffield seem to have been treading water for a few years. They tried something different in terms of team building this year; elements have worked and luck has not always favoured them. The team is built around Simon stead, the guy is massive loss. His influence on and off track.

Albin and Koppe will be better for a seasons experience. Get stead back in next year and I can only feel that Sheffield will be better off for it. For years the tigers have been the big team in the league; success is a fine line. I feel there are some positive signs this year although I understand losing week in week out does not put bums on seats.

Hard luck on Mitchell. Is it worth the risk to score a couple of points? He's a nice lad but like Adam Roynon I think it's time to call it quits.

• Like 1

Davey suffered a compound fracture to his femur,he had surgery today.