British Speedway Forum
Chadster

'bumper Crowds'

Anyone know if average crowd attendances are available anywhere online? It would be interesting to see the differences between the leagues. Anyone any idea of a 'ballpark' break even figure needed to run a team at National League level?

I suspect it would greatly vary depending on stadium ownership/lease costs, how much you'd have to pay riders to come and ride for you (geographically challenged tracks may have to pay more), and what your other operating costs are.

When I looked into this more than 10 years ago, Elite League tracks had running costs of something like 400-500K per year, so I'd imagine it's a fair bit more now. I'd have thought something like 50-65% of those costs for Premier League tracks at very rough guess, but really no idea for National League tracks. although some of them might be up near the lower end of the Premier scale.