British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Witches V Devils ( Pl ) 22-8-13

How's the weather? According to twitter its going ahead and i suppose it will do with our visitor tonight, maybe an extra bum or 3 on the gate?

Rained most of the morning , stopped at lunchtime but at 3-30pm in town center just started again ! Im guessing they are waiting to see exactly how much we get before fully prepping the track .

Given most of the forecasts im surprised it's still going ahead but of course I don't know what it's been like at Foxhall .

Anybody around that way who can update us all ?

How's the weather? According to twitter its going ahead and i suppose it will do with our visitor tonight, maybe an extra bum or 3 on the gate?

Mike Bacon's prediction in the EADT is 59-31, which might not tempt extra bums ... or tramps :D.

It's 10/10 clouds across Ipswich to Felixstowe, but seems to be dry - the pavements have been drying out at Martlesham.

Edited by Had Enough

Certainly not dry in Trimley, peeing it down!

Just been told that on Local Radio news at 17:00 they announced it's still on ...

It better not turn into one of those nights that you pay to get in, then a track inspection is done and the meeting called off.

It better not turn into one of those nights that you pay to get in, then a track inspection is done and the meeting called off.

Cynicism rules ok :rofl:

From Facebook:

Ipswich Witches Speedway

Track looking good for tonight! Further decisions will be made at 6:30pm, keep refreshing for the updates!

Just back in Ipswich and really surprised to hear its still otn given the progress reports I had been getting re the weather.

Then again just glad to be home after 5+ hours on the road from Birmingham and a magical mystery tour supplied by the sat nav to avoid the 16 mile tailback on the M6!

Where i am near town centre its not too bad, had the same amount of the wet stuff for all of today than what we did in that shower last week about tea time! (well thats what the empty waterbutt tells me) :lol:

Quite bright here now and rain only been a light drizzle since about 5.30, personally will be leaving it late before setting off.

Im not on Facebook or Twitter - any update re the final decision?