British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tigerowl

Sheffield V Scunthorpe 22/8/13

Three guests and rider replacement for the Tigers again this week.

Steady is out for the season, Joe has quit and Damien seems to not even had the scan on his knee as yet. Everyone else seems to be signing riders to fill the gaps in their teams and yet we have to suffer this situation every week.

Berwick have replaced Ricky with Eddie Kennett and then Seb Alden

Glasgow are running with a full team even though they are getting beaten every week

Plymouth sign riders to cover for their injuries, Jensen, Jensen, Katajisto, Palm Toft

Newcastle have signed Rosen to coven for Christian Henry

The list goes on...

Sheffield have done nothing to cover for their long term injuries.

Neil Machin has no doubt been looking for replacements, but apart from the money, although guaranteed won't be the best wages in the league, why would any rider want to ride at Sheffield - No chance of winning anything and with the 'hex' that's apparently on the team, every chance of getting injured!

Joking apart, at this stage of the season I don't think the management are that bothered about who the 1 to 7 or should I say 1 to 6 are. Don't think I've seen Sheffield lose so many meetings at home before and apathy seems to rule - OK!

Only last night comment was made during the Peterborough Lakeside meeting that certain riders would have benefited from doubling up in the premier league, Fisher & Hougaard being two of the stand out candidates. With the points we've got to play with I would have thought we may have been able to accommodate both of them! Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - again!

As it happens our semi permanent replacement number 1 Richard Lawson had a reasonable away meeting and with him being relatively local (Chesterfield) and being a big buddy of Andre, I think he likes riding for us as his 'third team'.

Although there seems to be the riders out there (for other teams at least) it appears that we can't or they can't to come an agreement for them to ride for us.

So it will be a Sheffield select for the rest of the season as I see it.

On another note, are there any plans for a collection for Ricky?

i am sure the sheffield supporters will want to show their appreciation for what ricky has done in the past for us and help him and his familly

• Like 1

Lawson

Compton

Wells

R/R for Roynon

Bunyan

Greenwood

Albin

Auty

R/R

Klindt

Nelson

Jorgensen

Douglas

Blackbird

are the expected teams.

Plymouth,berwick and Glasgow are same as us with nothing to race for but still manage to attract riders.Look at our track and facilities compared to theirs.Are we really trying hard enough ? There should be a time scale on the use of guests for any 1 rider,probably 28 days.It is becoming an absolute farce.Sheffield select !!!!! How can the sport be taken serious ? Lack of ambition. Does palm toft still live in a caravan at scunny ? If so why would he prefer to sign for Plymouth when he could possibly ride for us a stones throw away ? On decent machinery he looks well capable replacement for haines.

Edited by Charlieboy
  • Like 1

One gamble we took at start of season in signing likes of Albin and Koppe has worked out ok and think Knight could have worked out but we just could not give him the time needed.

One problem with our team build i noticed was we did go for a team of entertainers and racers now that is great but for a settled team it aint because them sort of riders do find themselves on injury table quite a lot more, now compare that to Ricky Wells who this season has to get rider of season, quick. smooth and getting big scores away and very good ones round Owlerton as well and i am pleased we are looking at signing him in 2014 according to Hoggy in star. I love watching big sweeps round boards and riders who never know when to give up but that sort of racing comes with great risks and mix that in with some bad luck then this season for us has turned into a complete write off !

Bring on this winter but lets hope the boys who do turn out for us from now until end of season can put the pride back into the club and give the fans something to look forward to next year and that starts this thursday against Scunthorpe.

Come on Tigers.

Wonder whats happening with the Air fence next season,never mind the team.....Has Machin lost interest?..just a question.

Wonder whats happening with the Air fence next season,never mind the team.....Has Machin lost interest?..just a question.

Ask him.

Have you ever asked him a question, you get a politicians answer...LOL.

Coming over for this on,,,,,,hope we can get a 4 point win and keep that very very slight play off chance alive!!!

Rider replacement for Howe and Nelson in place of Birks definitely makes Scunny stronger... With Roynan out for us, I fear that another defeat could be on the cards

BBC weather forecast shows the possibilty of the odd light shower for a couple of hours from about 5.00pm, so hopefully the meeting will be on ok. As for the result, I think a lot will depend on which engine Facu brings.

Tyson Nelson rides Owlerton well so he could pull in good points for Scunthorpe tonight.

For Sheffield Andre is improving, Ricky Wells is on fire and Facu can be a weapon at reserve. I think this could be a close one and may go in Sheffield's favour, but you never know !

Looking forward to it either way.