British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Chris is OK. it's your clan that get me into bother :drink::drink::drink::drink:

You didn't take much encouraging or influencing last year :lol::wink:

I have a question on the END OF SEASON DO 2014

WHICH PLANK CHOSE A FRIDAY NIGHT?.

Does someone with no brains, not realise, that in this area, a lot of Berwick fans have to work on a Saturday.

:mad::mad: :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sunday any better for you.

In a season so-spoiled by postponed meetings (Workington brought our tally for the year to 18!) it was hardly surprising to learn our plans to stage an End-of-Term Dance have been wrecked by rearranged fixtures, too!

The Dance -- planned to be at the Black-and Gold on Friday, October 24th has been cancelled, as the promotion did not want our riders, mechanics and officials -- who have worked so hard to entertain us all season -- to have forego having a let-your-hair-down evening on the night before we are now required to race at Workington.

Instead, we will stage an End-of-Term Party -- some real "Afternoon Delight" -- at Berwick Rugby Club, on the day after our final away meeting, on SUNDAY afternoon, October 26th. This will take place from 2pm until 7 o'clock.

This special event will have Andersons' pies and a sweet course for our 'afternoon tea' and of course the bar will be open. All the regular end-of-term trophies will be presented, the riders and management will make their speeches and there will be the usual raffle.

Tickets now only £4 - £3 if your a Supporters Club member.

All brilliantly-organised by lovely Lani Rae -- and questions over tickets, etc, should go to Lani on 07779-227535 or Lisa Youngman on 07773-759864.

Taken from the latest newsletter.

Sunday any better for you.

In a season so-spoiled by postponed meetings (Workington brought our tally for the year to 18!) it was hardly surprising to learn our plans to stage an End-of-Term Dance have been wrecked by rearranged fixtures, too!

The Dance -- planned to be at the Black-and Gold on Friday, October 24th has been cancelled, as the promotion did not want our riders, mechanics and officials -- who have worked so hard to entertain us all season -- to have forego having a let-your-hair-down evening on the night before we are now required to race at Workington.

Instead, we will stage an End-of-Term Party -- some real "Afternoon Delight" -- at Berwick Rugby Club, on the day after our final away meeting, on SUNDAY afternoon, October 26th. This will take place from 2pm until 7 o'clock.

This special event will have Andersons' pies and a sweet course for our 'afternoon tea' and of course the bar will be open. All the regular end-of-term trophies will be presented, the riders and management will make their speeches and there will be the usual raffle.

Tickets now only £4 - £3 if your a Supporters Club member.

All brilliantly-organised by lovely Lani Rae -- and questions over tickets, etc, should go to Lani on 07779-227535 or Lisa Youngman on 07773-759864.

Taken from the latest newsletter.

No mate!, still got to go to go to work on the Monday. All right if you want to listen to speeches, and sip an orange juice or have a shandy. I think having a party is exactly that, don't want to be a boring twit. :drink::drink: :drink: :drink::drink::drink:

No mate!, still got to go to go to work on the Monday. All right if you want to listen to speeches, and sip an orange juice or have a shandy. I think having a party is exactly that, don't want to be a boring twit. :drink::drink: :drink: :drink::drink::drink:

Looking at other social media sites there are quite a few who agree with you.

Well, that's seven of us that won't be going now.

You've got to ask who was in charge of organising the dinner & dance and why it wasn't arranged for the first Saturday in November (1st)

I'm sure the Black & Gold are thrilled that they will be losing a four figure sum in revenue.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Well, that's seven of us that won't be going now.

You've got to ask who was in charge of organising the dinner & dance and why it wasn't arranged for the first Saturday in November (1st)

I'm sure the Black & Gold are thrilled that they will be losing a four figure sum in revenue.

Brew ---ick

Genious. Love it!

Edited by Willowman

There was me thinking they cancelled the dinner /dance as they had arranged Darcy ward as a guest on Sunday,wrong again!!

There was me thinking they cancelled the dinner /dance as they had arranged Darcy ward as a guest on Sunday,wrong again!!

It's end of season party time in Czech this month. Now this lot really know how to celebrate the end of the season, SERIOUS, SHERIOUS, SHERUS, SHER, SH, SH, SH, PISSSSSH UP. :drink::drink: :drink: :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Well, no dance then:

THE DANCE :

In a season so-spoiled by those record-busting nineteen postponed meetings it was hardly surprising to learn our plans to stage an End-of-Term Dance have been completely wrecked by rearranged fixtures, too!

The Dance -- long-term planned to be at the Black-and-Gold on Friday, October 24th (arranged months ago, as soon as our participation in the PL play-offs was confirmed) -- had to be cancelled of course, and now the Glasgow restaging has wiped out the back-up plan of a party on Sunday afternoon, too!

"It is a real shame" said Dennis McCleary on behalf of the promotion, as he confirmed that there would now be no end-of-term function.

"Our commercial manager Lani Rae had everything arranged for the first date, and then brilliantly set up the Sunday function at short notice to replace it -- now that one must fall by the wayside, too".

"I really feel for Lani, who does such an amazing job. She even had two further dates (Friday 31st and Sunday November 2nd) provisionally booked but we're faced by the cold hard fact that the bulk of the team -- Claus, Steen, Matej, David certainly, and I think Alex too -- will have gone home by then, and only Kevin, Matty and the two injured back-up boys Liam and Stefan would be available".

"Which is really, really unfortunate, as we see the social side of our club to be important -- but at the end of the day, our business has to be about contesting speedway matches and co-operating with the other PL member-clubs, and that's what has cost us this year's dance".

Dennis and his co-promoters are truly disappointed by these exceptional circumstances, and will doubtless be planning something special in springtime to kick-start the 2015 social, as well as speedway, season -- and your Black-and-Gold Bulletin will bring you the news of when, what where that will be, just as soon as plans have been laid!

Questions over tickets, etc, should go to Lani on 07779-227535 or Lisa Youngman on 07773-759864.

All tickets will be refunded .

(From Berwick e-Newsletter)