British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

You will still be called the Bandits

You will still be riding the same track.

You will still have the same Promoters.

And Andersons Butchers will come up with a new recipe for the famous pies that will entice more and more fans to eat them and this will fund a top notch number 1.

Your ideas for next season? How can we improve our fortunes

Discuss

It depends what you want, my friend. Financial stability with racenight entertainment, which your club has enjoyed for the majority of their forty-odd years in the sport, or a win-or-bust attitude to give you one wonderful season of 60-20 victories and then oblivion?

• Like 1

Im sure the Bandits will be going for the title as always. What about bringing Stan the man back?

im very sorry only been watching speedway for last 4 or 5 years who is stan the man or is it a masonic thing or what was he famous for

It depends what you want, my friend. Financial stability with racenight entertainment, which your club has enjoyed for the majority of their forty-odd years in the sport, or a win-or-bust attitude to give you one wonderful season of 60-20 victories and then oblivion?

Entertaiment and continuity every time. Too many people from places like Newport or Ellesmere Port had their moments in the sun before long, dark years of no speedway.

However, it is a bit early to be starting threads like this. No point in discussing 2014 before the AGM, and the composition of leagues and team averages are known.

• Like 1

Im sure the Bandits will be going for the title as always. What about bringing Stan the man back?

Will Berwick run though is the question. I dont think Polish riders can race in PL now unless on ACU Licence and give up Polish commitments? It was something to do with T Piszcz at Birmingham a few years ago.
  • Like 1

Will Berwick run though is the question. I dont think Polish riders can race in PL now unless on ACU Licence and give up Polish commitments? It was something to do with T Piszcz at Birmingham a few years ago.

I think you`ll find the post you replied to was done so in tounge in cheek. ;)

Lets go Elite have SKY here every other week and all our troubles will be solved simples

Great idea. Lets get Tam Sike in at no1 as well.

Would love to see Marcin Rempala back, great style still banging in the points (admittedly in the 3rd tier).

No idea what the club should do because we sign good riders they just haven't performed collectively-consistantly over a season. Are the riders going through the motions? If so, why are we still employing them? One season maybe 2 yeah clubs go through bad runs. We've had about 5 bad runs with this season paticularly lacking in any real flavour.

The Promotion over the season have been fairly very quiet, there was no rallying call, those loses we encountered were acceptable levels of performance. Certain Berwick riders very clearly race very hard and give it there all, some maybe just don't cut the mustard week in - week out which is all part of the Sport.

Crowds have been healthy over the season with some good meetings admittedly. I'm unconvinced at present if we can put out a decent team who can perform over a season and get the buzz back among fellow Berwick supporters.

Edited by RobinH88
  • Like 1

Are we going back to 13 heats next season?? :blink::P

• Like 3