British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robinh88

Berwick 2014?

Tero belongs to Scunny if I'm correct!

You are, of course, correct. On a quick think, the only active riders I can think of who are Berwick assets would be Seb Alden, David Bellego (thanks, Tigers!), Nicki Barrett, Liam Carr, Alex Edberg, Pepe Franc and Gino Franchetti.

Not a long list.

I think some of comments on here about Alex are out of order.

The fact that he is back on a bike after the most horrendous crash I have seen in over 30 years of watching speedway, should mean he is - at the very least - shown respect.

He has talent, and with a bit more luck will develop as a rider.

• Like 5

You are, of course, correct. On a quick think, the only active riders I can think of who are Berwick assets would be Seb Alden, David Bellego (thanks, Tigers!), Nicki Barrett, Liam Carr, Alex Edberg, Pepe Franc and Gino Franchetti.

Not a long list.

Next year's assets will include Joey Ringwood, Joe Jacobs and Anders Thomsen. ;)

You need to take terrible Aarnio back please!

i would rather keep tero at workington over Lawson at least tero tries every race unlike Lawson who only tries when riding for other clubs of late

i would rather keep tero at workington over Lawson at least tero tries every race unlike Lawson who only tries when riding for other clubs of late

Thats a tad unfair IMO.

Well as our season crawls to yet another dismal end after what I think most of us thought would be a season where we challenged for something what can we say for next year.

Highlights are Bellego steady progress hope he stays and doubles up.

Kozza still remains as Mr Entertainment and never say die attitude deserves a return if he wants it.

Paul Starke good reserve for next season but will he be an option?

The rest well it's P45 time guys you have occasionally shown glimpses of why you were signed but all lack the consistency and passion expected to win matches.

As for the team manager end of term report D- for the reasons above.

• Like 3

Well as our season crawls to yet another dismal end after what I think most of us thought would be a season where we challenged for something what can we say for next year.

Kozza still remains as Mr Entertainment and never say die attitude deserves a return if he wants it.

The rest well it's P45 time guys you have occasionally shown glimpses of why you were signed but all lack the consistency and passion expected to win matches.

Sums things up pretty well.

Well said.

I would add Wethers: he has been very solid for us and has been often overlooked as he has delivered almost completely without fail.

• Like 1

I would add Wethers: he has been very solid for us and has been often overlooked as he has delivered almost completely without fail.

Hes not really let anyone down but I cant see him adding anything to his average if they bring him back, can you?

Sounds or reads like the team are making a real fist of it... odd that its a track we really stuggle but credit where its due...

2014? if we are to run, we need big changes maybe even a complete makeover

Yeah think its time to call in Kirstie Allsop no more papering over the cracks its time for a complete makeover this time we need to bring in new blood. Why don't we have a meeting and invite some potential prospects along before the end of the season let the dog see the rabbit that kind of thing just a thought to fill in the space between 31st Aug and 21st Sept. :approve: