British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow V Ipswich Pl Sun 25th Aug 2013@3p.m.

Glasgow must be running out of work permits! Full clear out next year, genuine No1, no assessed averages, full points allocation used from day 1.

Will there be a next year, MD?

Yes he quit i dont know why but he did.

errr.... have you been to many meetings this year? :cry:

It is!

What makes it worse is we have to wait until March next year before we might see proper septet.

Don't hold your breath George. Unless we get someone in who knows what they are doing we're stuffed. :mad:

I dont want to click 'like' to that cos I dont like the situation but I have to agree with you

• Like 1

If its cause he was rubbishe as a manager then i will say it but is it all seans blame? Imo a few factors were against us from the start before a engine was revved we all know what they were.

• Like 2

If its cause he was rubbishe as a manager then i will say it but is it all seans blame? Imo a few factors were against us from the start before a engine was revved we all know what they were.

What you getting at?

First i have been for a few weeks and to be honest i wish i hadn't bothered but hats off to the hardcore fans that have been every week having to watch that week in week out it can't be easy shelling your hard earned money watching you team being turned over on a weekly basis.

Was interesting to hear Stewart's comments that we are basically running 9.5 points under the limit carrying Thomsen or more to the point his equipment which makes O Malley's kit look GP standard and we will not win any meeting's with that handicap it was clear that he is hurting as much as we are , alas it is now too late in the day to make any further changes as it would be a pretty pointless exercise as the Wooden spoon is destined for Glasgow.

Enjoyed Neil Macfarlanes comments also how i wish he was still involved as we would not be in this mess

Highlight off the day for me yesterday though was walking through the exit at the end off the meeting hopefully next year we can at least be competitive if only to pay back those loyal fans who have stood by that dross in large numbers.

• Like 1

I dont want to click 'like' to that cos I dont like the situation but I have to agree with you

Go on you know you want to. :t::cheers:

First i have been for a few weeks and to be honest i wish i hadn't bothered but hats off to the hardcore fans that have been every week having to watch that week in week out it can't be easy shelling your hard earned money watching you team being turned over on a weekly basis.

Was interesting to hear Stewart's comments that we are basically running 9.5 points under the limit carrying Thomsen or more to the point his equipment which makes O Malley's kit look GP standard and we will not win any meeting's with that handicap it was clear that he is hurting as much as we are , alas it is now too late in the day to make any further changes as it would be a pretty pointless exercise as the Wooden spoon is destined for Glasgow.

Enjoyed Neil Macfarlanes comments also how i wish he was still involved as we would not be in this mess

Highlight off the day for me yesterday though was walking through the exit at the end off the meeting hopefully next year we can at least be competitive if only to pay back those loyal fans who have stood by that dross in large numbers.

i was there on sunday all the tiger fans i meet were nice and jolly seemed to take the speedway on the chin also would like to thank all the tiger staff from the car park also the turnstiles even the woman in the tea hut at the 4th bend all went out of there way for me as now iam disabled it was nice to see so many cheery faces the resaults byou are getting are only temp im sure next year it il,l be better thank you all

I'm saying this as an edinburgh fan, I genuinely hope glasgow run next year as both clubs need each other, it's been a sorry state of affairs at Ashfield but hopefully glasgow can regroup and come back stronger

i was there on sunday all the tiger fans i meet were nice and jolly seemed to take the speedway on the chin also would like to thank all the tiger staff from the car park also the turnstiles even the woman in the tea hut at the 4th bend all went out of there way for me as now iam disabled it was nice to see so many cheery faces the resaults byou are getting are only temp im sure next year it il,l be better thank you all

Chucks glad you were well looked after Glasgow fans have the reputation off being one of the friendliest bunch of fan's and i am glad you enjoyed your visit i am usually nice & jolly myself it is only when i am watching Glasgow at the minute that i become less than jolly here's hoping Glasgow shall be there next year for you to pay us a visit again.

I'm saying this as an edinburgh fan, I genuinely hope glasgow run next year as both clubs need each other, it's been a sorry state of affairs at Ashfield but hopefully glasgow can regroup and come back stronger

Obvious scenario i can see is that they should organise a fundraising meeting this in my opinion would raise far more than a dinner & sponsored walk , whilst i am not knocking those fundraisers the meeting is the best way to raise a substantial amount.

Now that we are well into August and nothing has been even mentioned regard's this and the comments about declaring at the AGM in November wether we shall be running when it is too late tell's me a lot , as i see it they should be at least trying to organize this and promoting it accordingly at least they have tried that option to raise the funding required .

I may be way out and something is in the pipeline if so i apologise in advance but time is running out and in order for us to run next year they actively need to be promoting more in term's off holding a meeting like this rather than sitting back and telling the fan's that have had to put up with a lot this year we will let you know in November if we are running or not , the promotion fan relationship is probably at it's lowest at the minute and the Fan's have remained loyal so far but they need to be shown a wee bit more rather than be taken for granted .

Time will tell but it ain't looking good

Just off topic but i would just like to thank Joe Screen in all that he has done at Glasgow speedway in the last few seasons he has been inspirational at times and no doubt he has helped all the younger lads in the pits behind the scene.

Enjoy your retirement Joe and i am sure i speak for all Glasgow fan's in saying you will be sadly missed at Glasgow here's hoping that he remains associated with the sport in some capacity I would hope that the current promotion would acknowledge everything he has done for Glasgow via the website i am sure this will come in time

As Grievesy is still riding we can hopefully give James the send off he deserves sadly we were unable to do this for Joe hopefully he will be up before the season end's so we the fan's can at least show our appreciation .

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Couldn't agree more , 3 pts from Risager against clearly the worst team in the league is not good enough . Him riding at 5 will 100% come back to haunt us when we face the better teams ! Surely the management can't be that blind , can they ?

A typical Suffolk response!!

Reminds me of the lass next door. Gains 8 A*s, 2 As, and a B in her GCSEs. Does her grandmother congratulate her on her excellent achievement? Yes eventually, but only after an initial comment expressing disappointment at the B!!!!

So instead of focusing on the positives of a massive away win, we get another whinge about one rider.

As I said typical Suffolk.

Yes he quit i dont know why but he did.

Regrettably, we must announce that team manager Sean Courtney has decided, with immediate effect, to step down from active involvement with the club.

A combination of factors have led to Sean taking this difficult decision with conflicting work and family commitments ultimately meaning that he felt he is no longer able to give his team manager obligations the full focus that they require.

Sean has requested that we pass on his very best wishes to all supporters, staff and sponsors of the Tigers.

From the Tiger Offical site.