British Speedway Forum

Once again disappointed in the conference

Extended home league fixtures? For me dump the League Cup and the playoffs, have have two home and away meetings against each club supplemented with the KO Cup. winners of the League are...well Champions.

What we will inevitably get is What always seems to me as a match against Ipswich every other week, not knocking Ipswich as they must be sick of us too

Yes of course people will say about all the travelling but is that really an issue anymore, rarely do we see much of visiting fans except the likes of Berwick and Leicester and as far as the riders are concerned long gone are the days that they lived locally to their home track.

With a great track like Peterborough seemingly gone i doubt i'll do many EL meetings but will probably once again be seeing most of my racing at Mildenhall and Kent. Last year provided infrequent meetings at Hoddesdon and next season will see much of the same. The only bit of close season news that will excite me is if Linus comes back as No1

On the team front I would have thought that JG AM and TN must please be nailed on. Would nt have been surprised to see Eddie K back if he came I at 8 ish. It would be dream time if Linus came back whatever average he was on. Assuming no big averaged number one would like to see Stevie B back and maybe Pontus. That would leave two to fill. If NL riders are required for EL then I can see Ben perhaps riding there and for Kent - Waco? I think Luke should head Kent - he will need some proper time back in the saddle before mixing it with the PL big boys.

From the Rye web page.....

Following the agreement at the Conference to maintain a starting points limit for each Premier League club of 42.5, the Silver Ski Rockets can now get down to the serious business of formulating their 2014 squad, with Silver saying, “We went into the Conference with several possible team permutations according to what might be agreed there. Now that it is over, and the league format and points limit are settled, we are hoping to have everything in place rider-wise in the near future.We are going to build a team at least one full point below the 42.5 point limit to ensure that we are non-competitive from the start of the campaign...........”

• Like 1

From the Rye web page.....

Following the agreement at the Conference to maintain a starting points limit for each Premier League club of 42.5, the Silver Ski Rockets can now get down to the serious business of formulating their 2014 squad, with Silver saying, “We went into the Conference with several possible team permutations according to what might be agreed there. Now that it is over, and the league format and points limit are settled, we are hoping to have everything in place rider-wise in the near future.We are going to build a team at least one full point below the 42.5 point limit to ensure that we are non-competitive from the start of the campaign...........”

"Plus we'll be using Luke Bowen who has been out for nearly two years. He's on a 5 point average, which we expect to drop considerably, but Luke is like a son to me and we have to get him in. It means we'll be even weaker, but I feel Jason Bunyan can prove his GP credentials and average well over ten this year" Silver concluded

• Like 3

Yes we have had Fiala Garrad Saunders Mullarkey etc but for me watching the Rockets since 76 there has been two stand out club servants...Neath and Bowen. Was said last season that Chris would get a benefit meeting and now Luke to get a meeting too. I hope the meetings happen and that both are well supported as they both thoroughly deserve a reward for sticking with Rye through thick and thin.

No Mellgren or Lykke for the Rockets this year, according to there twitter they are looking for a new UK teams

Edited by potter2310

No Melgren ?? thought he was supposed to be nailed on,,the team will need a big hitter with all the 5 pointers lined up at the moment ,,,any ideas who that might be ???

No Mellgren would be a horrible mistake. Would put Luke and Chris on a par with Mullarkey and garrad. All great Rye servants.

No Mellgren would be a horrible mistake. Would put Luke and Chris on a par with Mullarkey and garrad. All great Rye servants.

No Mellgren is a decision that is going to come back and haunt us as he'll go elsewhere and become a number one next year.

Luke deserves a testimonial, 10 years with Rye House, not just as an asset. Only missed last season due to injury. It'll be interesting to see the line up he puts together!

Linus had an awful season last year, a Peterborough asset so he has a very uncertain future if he wants to continue in the Uk. A prime No 1 in the PL if he wants to go down that route and has a very good relationship with Len. Mellgren i thought was nailed on but to be honest he can blow a bit hot and cold at home and I don't want to see the Rockets losing at home next year and someone like Kennet would go a long way to addressing that. Times maybe changing given that i think we would all expect the team to have been announced by now.

Hertfordshire Mercury announcement:

The full Rye House Rockets ridericon1.png line-up (with averages in brackets) is as follows: 1. Edward Kennett (10.65); 2. Tyson Nelson (6.16); 3. Jason Bunyan (5.80); 4. Steve Boxall (5.69); 5. Jason Garrity (5.32); 6. Luke Bowen (5.12); 7. Simon Lambert (3.00).

Read more: http://www.harlowstar.co.uk/Sport/Speedway/Edward-Kennett-announced-as-Rye-House-Rockets-number-one-20131121125135.htm#ixzz2lHtTx1Y8