British Speedway Forum

Are you sure.

No to be honest im not sure--but i did once the the demands of a couple of Danes to ride and it included paying flights in to Uk,

Quite agree. There is always room for fiddle factor to get your man. Cash limits on Swedes and nominated meetings for Danes with airfares, but still room to manoeuvre.

and thats the catch 22 situation.

We should be applauding a promoter who sticks to the limits and budgets as the sport is stretched enough financially.

However that same promoter knows that those extra payments could mean a more competitive side resulting in gaining(or at least not losing) 100s on the gate so by playing by the rules he losing out both on and off the track.

• Like 1

Well, people were asking for a Dane, and we got one, albeit half Danish

Stefan impressed in the British SF at Rye a couple of weeks back. Good signing, but should've been considered during the winter

• Like 1

Well, people were asking for a Dane, and we got one, albeit half Danish

Stefan impressed in the British SF at Rye a couple of weeks back. Good signing, but should've been considered during the winter

He couldn't sign for a PL club until after the season had started or he would not have been eligible to ride NL :D

He couldn't sign for a PL club until after the season had started or he would not have been eligible to ride NL :D

Tough choice

Anyone know what average he will be on?

Anyone know what average he will be on?

4.58 I presume.

Excited by this. Looks a good aggressive trier with a very good pedigree. With Steve boxall Eddie and Jason as a good heat leader trio and always strong at reserve we might have just got it right in time for the league season.

• Like 1

and thats the catch 22 situation.

We should be applauding a promoter who sticks to the limits and budgets as the sport is stretched enough financially.

However that same promoter knows that those extra payments could mean a more competitive side resulting in gaining(or at least not losing) 100s on the gate so by playing by the rules he losing out both on and off the track.

Damned if he does damned if he doesn't he is an easy target for criticism but he'll get none from me, I've seen too many tracks that i supported close down, including Rye. I applaud what he has tried to do this year and the only problem i had was Simon didn't work first time so was unlikely he would this year. The team now looks balanced and will be strong at home and the only unknown is how many points we can take on the road. The other worry is the amount of meetings Jason and Stefan will be doing. If they all stay fit then we should have a decent season, thumbs up from me

• Like 1

Excited by this. Looks a good aggressive trier with a very good pedigree. With Steve boxall Eddie and Jason as a good heat leader trio and always strong at reserve we might have just got it right in time for the league season.

Indeed. A very good signing, looked quality around Rye in the British semi and makes us look like a stronger proposition now. As westhamboy says, the danger is the risk of having important riders running in all 3 leagues, but I'll take that. Respect to Simon if he did step aside of his own accord, as reported. since it seems like our promotion are slow to let under performing riders go, he made the job easier for Len.

Rockets LC/PL averages after Sheffield, home

EK 9.36

MT 4.86

JB 3.56

JG 5.88

LB 5.83

SB 6.58

SL 1.25

Courtesy of Shadders on Rye House Fans Facebook Site