British Speedway Forum

His point was that money wasn't the issue and trying to suggest something else was to blame - well that's not what the club statement says

You should read the statement again!

Look carefully and you'll find the answer - it's half way through. It's what many would expect of Rick Frost, a professional and an honourable man.

Are you wallowing in the Panthers demise?

All the big clubs like Poole, Wolves, Lynn and Peterborough into a Super League with GP riders

The rest drop into a huge PL league.

how are lynn a big club? what yr they win top flight league?.......Peterborough? the crowd could hold hands and not make a circle round the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps frost and co didnt like the idea of young brits in the team as opposed to poles and danes :rolleyes:

Considering they sponsored Danny King and were very keen to sign a not so young Brit in Harris then I'm sure that if there were decent Brits about they'd be quite happy. Then again they might have remembered Bridger in 2010.

You know - it's very easy to pick a piece of text to suit your argument! What about the club statement http://www.peterboroughpanthers.co/news.php?extend.2006 ?? :rolleyes:

What about it? I can pick out the bit which suits my argument but which bit is causing you problems?

edit: oh I see, I've read your other post and your clinging to the financial red herring. So be it, the lady is clearly not for turning!

Edited by Crump99

if so it wouldn't it also reduce costs for promoters? or will the heat leaders be asking for better start/points money to compensate for potentially fewer points scored?

Why should No 1, 3, 5 get easier races! Blimey, they should be there on ability, they may have to make more of an effort though, ahhh, poor souls!

With all the teams now taking shape what are people's thoughts on the structure, finishing positions, competitiveness etc.

For me who wasn't originally convinced by the draft system the structure of the teams looks good. All pending on the race format though.

One thing that stands out for me is the weakness of one particular team but I won't say who it is as it looks pretty obvious, to me anyway. I can't see Poole getting their own way this season, it's great to see not one obvious stand out team to win the league title.

I am genuinely looking forward to 2014. It's going to be new for all of us and I can't wait for the tapes to rise once again. This WILL be a great year for British Speedway, I really really believe it

Edited by screamer
  • Like 1

With all the teams now taking shape what are people's thoughts on the structure, finishing positions, competitiveness etc.

For me who wasn't originally convinced by the draft system the structure of the teams looks good. All pending on the race format though.

One thing that stands out for me is the weakness of one particular team but I won't say who it is as it looks pretty obvious, to me anyway. I can't see Poole getting their own way this season, it's great to see not one obvious stand out team to win the league title.

I am genuinely looking forward to 2014. It's going to be new for all of us and I can't wait for the tapes to rise once again. This WILL be a great year for British Speedway, I really really believe it

christ screamer.... you on the pop early... :D

All sides look fairly equal to me and thats what we want isnt it, good close racing and meetings. Im looking forward to the season ahead it will be interesting to see which NL riders improve.

christ screamer.... you on the pop early... :D

I wish :lol:

Nope, I've genuinely come round to the idea of these changes made and believe it will work.

All sides look fairly equal to me and thats what we want isnt it, good close racing and meetings. Im looking forward to the season ahead it will be interesting to see which NL riders improve.

Yesterday was a real good day for speedway. It was announced that a deal had been finalised enabling Peterborough to continue operating, though, in the Premier league, and that Woffy agreed to ride for Wolves. Two important decisions in the survival of our sport.... :t:

Not sure why Woffy riding for Wolves is so important for our sport, unless you mean losing him in the UK would be a disaster, in which case I agrees).

So pleased about Peterborough however. Great news.

Not sure why Woffy riding for Wolves is so important for our sport,

????

WTF!!

Not sure why Woffy riding for Wolves is so important for our sport, unless you mean losing him in the UK would be a disaster, in which case I agrees).

So pleased about Peterborough however. Great news.

That's what was meant. Couldn't imagine Woffy riding for anybody else, so I assumed no Wolves deal, No Woffy.

• Like 1

????WTF!!

The WTF should be for yourself only quoting part of the quote. Stevec makes perfect sense. It is unimportant to British Speedway where Woffy rides as long as he does ride the UK.

• Like 2

The WTF should be for yourself only quoting part of the quote. Stevec makes perfect sense. It is unimportant to British Speedway where Woffy rides as long as he does ride the UK.

That will teach me for reading posts at ridiculous time in the morning!

But having read what was meant of course i agree.