British Speedway Forum

What a real shame. Tony may not always have been perfect (him referring to Freddie Lindgren as Freddie Ljungberg still makes me smile to this day), but he sure was entertaining.

R.I.P.

Anybody know how old he was?

Shocked by this news, I liked him as a commentator and my favourite race was the one below, great race but great commentary from Millard, his phrase of " Oh this is amazing, are they dancing together" just lives with me.

My condolences go to his family and friends, will be greatly missed. RIP Tony :cry:

Great post Kev, that's exactly what I thought of when I saw the thread title, he did my head in most of the time but that particular piece of commentary was gold, perfection personified.

RIP Tony.

Ps, Any idea where was Leigh Adams born? :t:

Very sad news indeed - RIP Tony. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Shocked by this news, I liked him as a commentator and my favourite race was the one below, great race but great commentary from Millard, his phrase of " Oh this is amazing, are they dancing together" just lives with me.

My condolences go to his family and friends, will be greatly missed. RIP Tony :cry:

One of his best ever lines. Havelock and Rempala.. Never tire of watching that race. PROPER Speedway...

Edited by Starman2006

I know I'll upset some, and this post isn't about offending anyone... but hold on... I don't want to rain on this sad day... but many forget how they lambasted the poor bloke, his commentary and catchphrases during his latter years.

People tend to realise how cruel they were on days like today, on hearing such news.

It is similar to John Davis's piece in the Star after Lee Richardson's sad passing, when he said all the people who came out to lay the internet flowers and tributes were two-faced so-and-so's, as they had nothing good to say about him when he was alive.

I didn't mind Tony Millard, who was afterall just trying to do his job to his best standard when most fans who criticisied him wouldn't have been watching the sport still, had they demanded perfection.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 5

I know I'll upset some, and this post isn't about offending anyone... but hold on... I don't want to rain on this sad day... but many forget how they lambasted the poor bloke, his commentary and catchphrases during his latter years.

People tend to realise how cruel they were on days like today, on hearing such news.

It is similar to John Davis's piece in the Star after Lee Richardson's sad passing, when he said all the people who came out to lay the internet flowers and tributes were two-faced so-and-so's, as they had nothing good to say about him when he was alive.

I didn't mind Tony Millard, who was afterall just trying to do his job to his best standard when most fans who criticisied him wouldn't have been watching the sport still, had they demanded perfection.

i know what you are saying but surely just because we dont like particular things about someone doesnt mean we want them to not be here anymore!

Tony Millard wasnt everyones cup of tea and made mistkes but wouldnt wish him to not be around!

Lee Richardson wasnt particularly my favourite rider either especially after he fenced Mark Loram at the British Final but my god i didnt want the tragedy that happened to him you would need to be a bit sick in the head to want that.

R.I.P Tony - you wasnt my favourite commentator and yes i mocked the mistakes but death goes beyond that and condolences to all who knew him.

I took the mick like many others but he to used crack me up with him sayings ...no longer will the start marshall walk away and the tapes fly up or the riders go line a breast into the first bend ..rip tony

A sad day for the sport

Lot's of us fans had a pop at Tony and his commentries but still sad to see he has passed away.

He made a lot of us laugh in his time and I remember him for that.

He was for all his faults a one off.

A total original who I am sure will be missed by friend and foe alike.

RIP Tony.

• Like 1

Lot's of us fans had a pop at Tony and his commentries but still sad to see he has passed away.

He made a lot of us laugh in his time and I remember him for that.

He was for all his faults a one off.

A total original who I am sure will be missed by friend and foe alike.

RIP Tony.

what he said!!

RIP Tony.

Millardisms v Shoutings, no contest Millardisms every time!!

RIP Tony Millard I spent plenty of years listening to you at Arlington and still remember how you used to introduce newcomers to speedway by telling them the rules of speedway and the number of times you would get it wrong and say speedway bikes were capable of speeds of 600 mph on the Arlington straights was unbelieveable but nobody minded you will be sadly missed