British Speedway Forum
skoobie

Workington 2014

In the Times and Star its confirmed that Richard is leaving and it was his choice, think it was on the cards for a while. Best of luck to him except when he races against us :party:

Now thats a great shame, he has been a great ambassador to the sport and to Workington Speedway so I would wish him the best of luck who ever he rides for and hopefully we will see him in a Comets body colour in the future.

• Like 1

Well no big surprise there then, that other half of his was never gonna let him return to Workington !! H e did a grand for Workington but no rider bigger than the club, the Comets will cope without him , interesting who will replace

• Like 1

it was on the cards as soon as his father was signed up to be part of workington speedway in 2014... hope richard did not refuse to be part of the comets and that the management did not want him in their plans in 2014 or he will lose 4/5 years service and it will have a delay on any testimonial meeting he may be granted... but thats life ..i am over it.. time for a guy with green wheels to step forward..

it was on the cards as soon as his father was signed up to be part of workington speedway in 2014... hope richard did not refuse to be part of the comets and that the management did not want him in their plans in 2014 or he will lose 4/5 years service and it will have a delay on any testimonial meeting he may be granted... but thats life ..i am over it.. time for a guy with green wheels to step forward..

The only Cook arriving at Derwent Park is the new chef at the hospitality .

• Like 2

No Chance there Jenga , average way too high

Pardon me but i thought mr cooks wheels were bright yellow . who ever replaces richard will be done on merit and hopefully there are some familier faces back next year

yellow /green wheels, thats why i dont play anooker.

Agree it seams someone has had an effect on Richards presence in Workington. How anyone falls out with Steve Lawson is beyond me but since she has been on the scene he has fallen out with his Dad moved away from the area now left the Comets so it looks like she has got her way.

• Like 1

yellow /green wheels, thats why i dont play anooker.

But you are usually on the ball. :D

Agree it seams someone has had an effect on Richards presence in Workington. How anyone falls out with Steve Lawson is beyond me but since she has been on the scene he has fallen out with his Dad moved away from the area now left the Comets so it looks like she has got her way.

NOT NICE words gm...

Sad day for us losing our captain and number 1 :-( really enjoyed watching Richard and having him in the team.

All the best Richard maybe see you back someday riding for the best team in the country with the best supporters.

All the best for the future

• Like 1