British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iand

Charles Wright Can He Double Up?

Is Charles still allowed to ride for Buxton now that he has signed Somerset. Simon Lambert was stopped last year riding for Stoke when he went to Rye.

I'm pretty sure he can. I think the average limit is 5.00 now but it's based on a riders current average and I dont think Wright's is that high without looking.

Charles can double up the rules were changed at this year's AGM to allow a rider that started the season in the NL to remain with their club providing their PL average is below 5.

Charles can double up the rules were changed at this year's AGM to allow a rider that started the season in the NL to remain with their club providing their PL average is below 5.

Do you know what it changed up from Jayne?

It always did seem daft last year when Lambert was told he had to choose between Rye and Stoke I believe. Especially when you consider the likes of Barker, Doyle and Cook can double up to the Elite even with averages of over 8

Do you know what it changed up from Jayne?

It always did seem daft last year when Lambert was told he had to choose between Rye and Stoke I believe. Especially when you consider the likes of Barker, Doyle and Cook can double up to the Elite even with averages of over 8

The doubling up rule hasnt changed as such for riders 4.00 and below but it was amended to allow a rider that started the season in the NL to stay in the NL if he was under 5. Simon's case was different in that he didnt start the season as a NL rider if I remember rightly..

What does the NEG alongside Charles' name in the NL 'Green Sheets' mean then?

it appears to mean according to the 'key', Not eligible to Guest due to a 4.00 or above PL average.

Several riders have this alongside their name and (though the wording is bordering on nonsensical) I took it to mean such riders couldn't double-up into the PL whilst staying in the NL.

Obviously according to Jayne it doesn't mean that so what on earth DOES it denote..?!

That there not allowed to be used as an NL guest in the PL.

But they can ride FULL-TIME (ie as a full member of a side) in the PL..?

Even by our sport's strange standards that is utterly nonsensical..

You tell me if Steve Boxall would be allowed to ride in a PL side and still ride for Kent..? I can tell you 100% he wouldn't be..! What's the ruling then that allows Charles Wright to do so..?!

i think i am right Charles can double up because he started in the National League not in a Premire 1 to 7 and his Premire ave is under 5 i think that is correct

Good news for common sense for Buxton to have Charles in the team!

Hmm, so I ask again - what does the NEG denote next to Charles Wright's name in the Green Sheets then?

Alongside Steve Boxall's name it means he's NOT allowed to ride in the PL whilst remaining riding for an NL club but apparently it means something different for Charles..?