British Speedway Forum
speedy bill

Nl Riders Championship - Rye House 21st September.

Can't agree Robert Lambert will be favourite having watched a lot of Steve Boxall this year. On his old track with what seems to be real desire to get back into into he will take some beating. Should be a very decent meeting.

Didn't think Lambert did weekend meetings due to his German commitments... I was looking forward to this before the meeting at Berwick was rearranged for the same day... I shall be speeding up the A1 to Sheilfield Park instead

From that line up you've gotta fancy Lewis Blackbird, Steve Boxall, Lewis Kerr and Paul Starke... The top three from that lot.

Edited by Shadders

i read somewhere it was a thursday night? might be wrong.

The meeting is definelty on Saturday September 21st.

Incredibly tight line up, can't rule anyone out of winning it.

The list of qualifying riders for the National League Riders’ Championship at Rye House next month has been confirmed.

The meeting takes place at Hoddesdon on Saturday September 21ST and will be sponsored by the nearby Paradise Wildlife Park.

Home hopes rest with Steve Boxall and Ben Morley, who both have strong Rye House connections and currently ride for associated club Kent Kings.

NLRC – Qualifying riders: Charles Wright, Liam Carr (Buxton); Joe Jacobs, Robert Branford (Coventry); Paul Starke, Lewis Blackbird, Ashley Morris (Dudley); Steve Boxall, Ben Morley (Kent); Tom Perry, Adam Ellis (Isle of Wight); Robert Lambert, Lewis Kerr (King’s Lynn); Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong (Mildenhall); Steve Worrall (Stoke). Reserves: Jack Kingston, Shane Hazelden.

Gonna cancel my self imposed Rye exile to attend this one to support our Norfolk boys, go on Lewis and Robert!!!!

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1

Gonna cancel my self imposed Rye exile to attend this one to support our Norfolk boys, go on Lewis and Robert!!!!

If the racing is anything like last nights you're in for a treat.

• Like 1

The one thing I'd say about the list of riders is that it includes Robert Branford who is out injured and - as I understand it - not expected to be fit again this season. So I hope that's the only correction needed...

Am wondering in particular re. Robert Lambert who tops the NL averages and so is a very important rider to be in the field. Robert has already withdrawn from the Under 19s at Coventry which is just the evening before this, saying has prior commitments so I do wonder if he will be at RH on the 21st..?

I think all fans of the NL deserve to know ASAP if the 16 named are going to be the riders on the night (injuries & mishaps between then & now permitted)..

And I'm not just saying that coz I'm writing the profiles in the prog!! :wink:

• Like 1

Starkey Starkey, Starkey Starkey

NLRC – Qualifying riders: Charles Wright, Liam Carr (Buxton); Joe Jacobs, Robert Branford (Coventry); Paul Starke, Lewis Blackbird, Ashley Morris (Dudley); Steve Boxall, Ben Morley (Kent); Tom Perry, Adam Ellis (Isle of Wight); Robert Lambert, Lewis Kerr (King’s Lynn); Stefan Nielsen, Jon Armstrong (Mildenhall); Steve Worrall (Stoke). Reserves: Jack Kingston, Shane Hazelden. I dont think Branford will be in it because of his injury so who will replace him?

Whats wrong with Liam Liam Liam Liam as well?

Do we know how much the meeting will cost?

To promote the meeting and pay for the riders, officials, etc? Or the admission to stadium?

Admission, gustix. Heartless unconcerned fan that I am, the rest need not concern me. :P

I have received this information from Rye House:

The admission pricing will be unchanged from our normal Premier League Rockets matches, so:

Adults @ £16

Seniors @ £14

Children (12-16) @ £5

Children U-12 Free

The programme will be £2.00.