British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Bad Crash For Emil

Not quite, gentlemen.

I have it from Denis Sayfutdinov, Emil's brother, that most probably NOTHING is broken. Fingers crossed.

Emil has a dislocation with his elbow, and he as some probems with the knee.

In article from yesterday at the teams official website, it says a broken arm at the elbow.

http://translate.goo...kontuzja-emila/

Then a newer article says that the doctors in Torun first diagnosed a broken arm but that they apparently might not have been correct.

Emil will undergo new examinations at the Red Bull clinic in Switzerland. A first diagnose should be available today or tomorrow.

http://translate.goo...e-jest-zlamana/

Edited by Ghostwalker

I think the biggest shame if/when Woofy wins is that some will delight in diminishing his acheivement claiming it was only down to injuries to others.

That would be far from the truth IMO. Not withstanding the fact that despite his position comfortably ahead of Hampel and Pedersen it is not unassailable. He still has work to do.

• Like 2

I think the biggest shame if/when Woofy wins is that some will delight in diminishing his acheivement claiming it was only down to injuries to others.

True to a degree but Woofy also broke his collarbone very badly. Interesting that Emil is getting a 2nd opinion. Only a few weeks ago Rory Schlien was told by a Polish doctor he had a broken leg but it wasn't broken.

WHY not a fan of Woffinden?

Not sure Philip, just never taken a shine to him.

Maybe i'm a bit old school, but his image just doesn't sit right with me. I'm no old fart, but all the tats and ear things wind me up, obviously not just with him but anyone. Smacks of attention seeking to me.

Good rider tho, no doubt about that.

• Like 1

"Will cost Emil the world title ??? !!! " Why ? There was certainly no guarantee emil would of won with or without the injury. Having watched the crash we should all be thankful its not his career over it was a truly horrific crash his leg looked like a piece of rubber. Poor lad I hope he is back healthy soon.

• Like 2

Gutted for Emil, one of my favourite riders, he or tai would be a breath of fresh air winning title, as Chris was last year, get well soon bud.

Totally agree with your sentiments Rob Tatum!!!! Hope Emil has a speedy recovery and any time he wants to race over here again would be much appreciated by British fans!

Emils manager says there's only a 5% chance he will ride again this season. Get well soon emil

Even if Emil doesn't ride, anything can happen.

Tai is also prone to injuries due to the fact that his also a spectacular rider, who never gives up.

I've seen so much in speedway, fingers crossed that Tai can see out the three GP's, and that Emil can contest them.

It's a funny old game.

"Will cost Emil the world title ??? !!! " Why ? There was certainly no guarantee emil would of won with or without the injury. Having watched the crash we should all be thankful its not his career over it was a truly horrific crash his leg looked like a piece of rubber. Poor lad I hope he is back healthy soon.

This also. Woffinden has taken the lead in this GP series with a broken collarbone, and had reigned Emil in.

I think it was Tai's for the taking anyway. If Tai does win it, like this, let history show that he was leading the GP series anyway, from behind, having rode with a broken collarbone that he gained in a meeting where he would have secured a lot more points anyway.

Edited by DukesGreg
  • Like 1

Gutting, for both Emil and the Championship as a whole.

Rather than going down to the final meeting, if Emil is ruled out then Tai really just needs to stay injury free and should have the title in the bag heading into the last meeting.

If this is the case, then Tai will certainly fully deserve to be world champ, having started the series as a 200-1 rank outsider, and then overcoming a broken collarbone. But,rightly or wrongly, there will always be the "what if EMil hadn't been injured" associated with the victory.

It is a real shame though that this season's GP has been so affected by injuries - possibly the worst ever in the history of the GP terms of leading candidates having their campaigns affected?

Both Ward and Holder had their title hopes dashed by injury. Tai and Nicki were both hampered by serious injuries that could have ended their title chances, instead managing to keep riding through the pain barrier to keep their hopes alive. And now Emil looks like having his season finished by injury. In fact, the only one of the title contenders not hit bu injury has been Hampel, who of course had his title hopes last year dashed by a serious injury.

• Like 2

Gutting, for both Emil and the Championship as a whole.

Rather than going down to the final meeting, if Emil is ruled out then Tai really just needs to stay injury free and should have the title in the bag heading into the last meeting.

If this is the case, then Tai will certainly fully deserve to be world champ, having started the series as a 200-1 rank outsider, and then overcoming a broken collarbone. But,rightly or wrongly, there will always be the "what if EMil hadn't been injured" associated with the victory.

It is a real shame though that this season's GP has been so affected by injuries - possibly the worst ever in the history of the GP terms of leading candidates having their campaigns affected?

Both Ward and Holder had their title hopes dashed by injury. Tai and Nicki were both hampered by serious injuries that could have ended their title chances, instead managing to keep riding through the pain barrier to keep their hopes alive. And now Emil looks like having his season finished by injury. In fact, the only one of the title contenders not hit bu injury has been Hampel, who of course had his title hopes last year dashed by a serious injury.

Very good points indeed, they are all racing that many times a week now, zipping from league to league and pinging across the continent, the GP has become even more of a 'man, fitness and machine' concept than ever before.

It's turned into a season long war of attrition.

Not just about riding well, but keeping every plate spinning for the duration. As Tai proved with his collarbone.

You can think all is lost, but by getting up and kicking on, even when in pain, you can get points on the board that matter towards your total.

Agree with the sentiment that Emil's crash is bad news for Tai! I haven't a clue which one of them would win the title but for sure if Tai goes on to win it there will always be the instant thought of would he have done so if he had to battle Emil all the way.

He'll still certainly deserve tons of praise if he he collects the crown though.