British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Terry

Bad Crash For Emil

I would love to see some more sponsors who takes this stuff so seriously. Their athletes like Ken Roczen, Lindsey Vonn have been treated in their facilities to get fit and stronger to compete again.

NOT a fan of tattoos either but didn't seem to lessen Beckham's popularity. Perhaps we are just too old-fashioned.

Could live with the tattoos Phil, its the stupid ear rings for me.

DRMYL is riding on Saturday ...

WRONG I'm afraid ... just had a text from Tony Olsson confirming that Emil has now withdrawn...

Sad, Get well Emil!.

Congrats to Woffinden and Peter Johns.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

What's all this treatment by Red Bull nonsense then??

Having repeatedly studied the slo-mo of the crash from the inside angle, I am now officially stunned that this "Is he, isn't he" charade has gone on this long! He ISN'T!!!

Can Red Bull take arms that have been completely bent the wrong way at the elbow (it went completely backwards on his impact on the floor!!!), and legs that have also behaved in a similar fashion, remove them, cure a break(s), sort out the massive ligament damage / swelling / etc. and have you up and twisting the throttle in 5 days????

If the Emil crash is what my eyes have led me to believe... (sometimes riders can have bad crashes and rag-doll and be quite okay... but this one was something else!), then I'd expect him to have months and months off... perhaps a year... before he can ride... if he ever can again. If you told me that was him finished, I wouldn't be surprised. :cry:

That arm was bad enough alone... it could be damaged beyond repair forever.

Red Bull Red Schmull!!!! If they've sorted this out in under a week, we should kidnap their people and put the cancer and AIDS scenario in front of them. Or take them 3 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread.... sort out global hunger....

You know that deep down in your hearts, Your not feeling patriotic about Tai winning the World championships.

I'm speaking the truth and giving my own opinion.

:) I am an Emil fan but feel patriotic about Tai. Good luck to the kid. The idea that somehow someone is not worthy unless everybody is taking part is a bit daft. It's speedway and this stuff happens all the time.

The world champion is worthy of being the world champion by virtue of beating the opposition not by somehow having to contend with people better than him who might have been in it but wern't for some reason.

Tai isn't the first in this position.

If he wins then he is totally deserving of the honour. What you say is not the 'truth' simply the burblings of someone who

is a lot of the times an idiot with flashes of sense but this is one of the burblings :)

• Like 4

Having repeatedly studied the slo-mo of the crash from the inside angle, I am now officially stunned that this "Is he, isn't he" charade has gone on this long! He ISN'T!!!

Can Red Bull take arms that have been completely bent the wrong way at the elbow (it went completely backwards on his impact on the floor!!!), and legs that have also behaved in a similar fashion, remove them, cure a break(s), sort out the massive ligament damage / swelling / etc. and have you up and twisting the throttle in 5 days????

If the Emil crash is what my eyes have led me to believe... (sometimes riders can have bad crashes and rag-doll and be quite okay... but this one was something else!), then I'd expect him to have months and months off... perhaps a year... before he can ride... if he ever can again. If you told me that was him finished, I wouldn't be surprised. :cry:

Red Bull Red Schmull!!!! If they've sorted this out in under a week, we should kidnap their people and put the cancer and AIDS scenario in front of them. Or take them 3 little fishes and 5 loaves of bread.... sort out global hunger....

Sounded good though didn't it!! Surely Emil's manager ought to look at the press release he put out and wonder why he did!!

Having seen the footage I will be gobsmacked if he lines up on Saturday. If he manages it then he's a very lucky boy and should probably buy a euro millions ticket :)

Having seen the footage I will be gobsmacked if he lines up on Saturday. If he manages it then he's a very lucky boy and should probably buy a euro millions ticket :)

Please keep up-he`s withdrawn from Saturday-Madsen rides in his place.
  • Like 1

Please keep up-he`s withdrawn from Saturday-Madsen rides in his place.

I'm a bit slow in the mornings, another 2 cups of coffee and I'll be ready to rejoin the human race :)

emil wasnt listed yesterday in the beeting on bet365 but for some reason there the only site i can find with the listing for beeting on this gp

as much as im happy for a british winner if tai goes on to win i would rather have the excitment of emil still in there but even without emil tai still aint home and dry just yet

Again I want to add, 100 % Adrian Miedzinski's responsibility !! Poor Emil, really hope he will be fully recovered as soon as possible, really hope Ref's will start to punish such behaviour, so far most of the time they just disqualify the rider on the outside ....

Again, in my opinion, Miedzinski has decided this year's Championship, Tai Woffingen will now be able not to take every risk in the remaining 3 rounds and still be Champion ...

So Emil not taking part this weekend.....no real surprise there :sad: .. but I'm almost afraid to say his crash reminded me of Ian Hutchinsons crash in 2010 ( see at end of film "Closer to the Edge", ) and its only this coming monday 9th sept 2013 that he's finally getting the external fixator taken off his lower leg. He was ridden over by another rider too

..... and I feel for poor Emil with his injury. Could be a long spell out.