British Speedway Forum

Does anyone know what matches there are on Sky from now on. Presumably they will show the Playoffs as usual (whenever they are), but I can't find anything else on the Sky Sports website.

• Like 1

Poole Lakeside Sep 2nd

Swindon Lakeside Sep 9th

Both were in the live speedway listings a couple of weeks ago, but are now missing.

The sports schedule shows Poole Lakeside tomorrrow on sky4, and as far as I am aware the meeting at Swindon is still due to be shown.

Edited by A ORLOV

Does anyone know what matches there are on Sky from now on. Presumably they will show the Playoffs as usual (whenever they are), but I can't find anything else on the Sky Sports website.

Well - at least you will NOT have to ask that question next Season Al. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

• Like 1

..and the play-off semis are set for 23rd/30th September, with the final 7th/14th October.

Well - at least you will NOT have to ask that question next Season Al. :shock: :shock: :wink::blink:

I know people have been saying that, but do we know for sure?

I will regret very much not having the weekly Elite match. I know it's fashionable to say it is rubbish but it's something to look forward to on a Monday, I've watched every one since they started and I think the coverage is superb.

That's me in a minority of one right away.

..and the play-off semis are set for 23rd/30th September, with the final 7th/14th October.

Thank you.

Think most - as much as they say its boring etc., everyone still watches them. Problem is we've kinda taken the EL meetings for granted and whereas SKY have brought fantastic coverage and tried to put it across in a fantastic light, sadly not everyone has bought into SKY's enthusiasm and the product has steadily deteriorated into a money driven farce.

It'll be a sad day for the sport if SKY drop the EL - maybe the PL can step in and show the world what the EL tries to but time and time again fails - as has been the case in all 3 PL matches this season shown.

Edited by Nutz
  • Like 3

Think most - as much as they say its boring etc., everyone still watches them. Problem is we've kinda taken the EL meetings for granted and whereas SKY have brought fantastic coverage and tried to put it across in a fantastic light, sadly not everyone has bought into SKY's enthusiasm and the product has steadily deteriorated into a money driven farce.

It'll be a sad day for the sport if SKY drop the EL - maybe the PL can step in and show the world what the EL tries to but time and time again fails - as has been the case in all 3 PL matches this season shown.

I know people have been saying that, but do we know for sure?

I will regret very much not having the weekly Elite match. I know it's fashionable to say it is rubbish but it's something to look forward to on a Monday, I've watched every one since they started and I think the coverage is superb.

That's me in a minority of one right away.

Thank you.

You are not actually - I too have enjoyed Speedway on SKY for years, and yes, their coverage IS fantastic - I have loved it. So I totally agree with you there.

The trouble is that everything has a downside - I'm not sure how good for Speedway SKY has been. Because of them a number of daft Rules were introduced and also people found that they could watch their Speedway sitting comfortably in their Living Room without venturing out to their Track. This naturally affected attendances and the state of Speedway in this Country declined, to my mind, faster than if SKY had NOT become involved in the Sport.

On balance - I think that League Speedway would have been better Supported by the Public had it never been Televised.

............................ and I may be in a minority of ONE on this issue.

sky do a good job but do they really push speedway on their channels. its never advertised .you never see trailers for it .on the other side eurosport look like they have really taken it under their motorsport wing and seem to be really pushing the sport out there to a bigger audience.

Al they announced tonight that the meeting next monday will be BV - Poole and not Swindon, but the BV - Poole is subject to change. No doubt they look to see if Lakeside win at KL on wed then decide.

The change is a b....r as Swindon are racing that night, so will have to look for sky replay on the tues.

Al they announced tonight that the meeting next monday will be BV - Poole and not Swindon, but the BV - Poole is subject to change. No doubt they look to see if Lakeside win at KL on wed then decide.

The change is a b....r as Swindon are racing that night, so will have to look for sky replay on the tues.

Rosco has tweeted (and on facebook) that if Swindon NOT on Sky then may revert to Thursday!!!! He will confirm when known.

• Like 1

They may not be aware that Cook won't be riding for Belle Vue as he will be with Edinburgh at Workington. That makes the Belle Vue match a bit of a waste of time.

They may not be aware that Cook won't be riding for Belle Vue as he will be with Edinburgh at Workington. That makes the Belle Vue match a bit of a waste of time.

But the odds will be in favour of this meeting being the one where Poole claim their Playoff place

you ask which meetings are on sky, Where are poole riding and that will be the meeting on sky.

• Like 1

From what I can gather Swindon won't be on SKY as they're reverting back to Thursday nights due to the fact they need people through the gates to watch the meeting rather than in their armchairs a home