Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Rye House V Workington (premier League)... 7th September @7pm

With respect the winning line post is in line with Ben Morleys back wheel so this photo was take after the line was past and is therefor inconclusive ..

if the close by paramedic stood there while 1 of your family had taken ill how would you feel

maybe they saved a life by being so close

I knew some idiot would react like this!

I myself am a first aider being in the construction industry. My point is, a first aider can deal with most emergencies such as CPR. There were at least 4 First Aiders at the track on Saturday.

However if the member of the general public had spinal injuries or a broken leg then that is different - a First Aider could determine this in a matter of seconds and then call for the paramedic or better still an ambulance?

Also a paramedic can administer drugs and is an occupation like a nurse whereas a First Aider is not.

When you want me to save your life when you collapse I will phone for a paramedic..OK

D1ck

Edited by Phil Silvers

I knew some idiot would react like this!

I myself am a first aider being in the construction industry. My point is, a first aider can deal with most emergencies such as CPR. There were at least 4 First Aiders at the track on Saturday.

However if the member of the general public had spinal injuries or a broken leg then that is different - a First Aider could determine this in a matter of seconds and then call for the paramedic or better still an ambulance?

Also a paramedic can administer drugs and is an occupation like a nurse whereas a First Aider is not.

When you want me to save your life when you collapse I will phone for a paramedic..OK

D1ck

your the idiot mate disrespectfull of others saftey and well bing

enough said

The story I was told was that somebody had hit their head and had a large gash on their head that a first aider wanted the paramedic to have a look at. Also I spoke to Terry the normal start marshall and he had a back problem and did not feel well enough to carry out his duties as their was a suitably qualified replacement to take his place.

Edited by bolly

I know the other semi has nt been ridden yet but does anyone know what dates Somerset and Edinburgh have reserved for the final as I need to reserve some days off - pretty please.

With respect the winning line post is in line with Ben Morleys back wheel so this photo was take after the line was past and is therefor inconclusive ..

:rofl: :rofl: A belter of a post , inconclusive :lol: come on even Rye fans knew Rusty had got it

We were standing directly in line with the start/finish. There wasn't one person around us who didn't think that Rusty hasn't got third place. The referee wasn't even in line with the start/finish line. His view is pretty much the same as the still published, ahead of the line. I'd say we had a better view. Does the ref get to see a replay via T2TV, or does he just get one shot at it?

Edited by Shadders

We were standing directly in line with the start/finish. There wasn't one person around us who didn't think that Rusty hasn't got third place. The referee wasn't even in line with the start/finish line. His view is pretty much the same as the still published, ahead of the line. I'd say we had a better view. Does the ref get to see a replay via T2TV, or does he just get one shot at it?

i would think the reff just gets a 1 off shot to be fair to them not like its a gp but i bet hes a little embarassed when he sees the photo

i would think the reff just gets a 1 off shot to be fair to them not like its a gp but i bet hes a little embarassed when he sees the photo

Had a look at the photo and yes, he should be embarrassed, Stevie Wonder could have called that one right!! :D

I know the other semi has nt been ridden yet but does anyone know what dates Somerset and Edinburgh have reserved for the final as I need to reserve some days off - pretty please.

Nothing on either site. I doubt either side would be so foolish as to publish a date for the final before they've even had the replay.

time for transponders to be fitted to all forms of racing machines motocross/gp bikes all have them, so why not speedway machines.you can get all sorts of info from them, including jump starts/fastest lap, track records etc..

time for transponders to be fitted to all forms of racing machines motocross/gp bikes all have them, so why not speedway machines.you can get all sorts of info from them, including jump starts/fastest lap, track records etc..

not bad idea and not too much cost but it is a extra cost to a sport that already is strugling to balance the books

You're in the play offs... enough already :rolleyes:

just trying to make iy fair and square for everybody.

There are a few pics taken from the DVD, believe me Rusty got third, or why not get he DVD and see for yourself, even Pete Hill who is one of the best and most unbiased commentators around called it at the time