British Speedway Forum

Funny that, as I thought it was a return of AllKak, with his EL and Chris Louis fixations.

feel free to have a go, maybe if you don't hide behind a daft name we could discuss like adults..."allkak"? he a new pole??

........don't hide behind a daft name we could discuss like adults...

Whilst it is a daft name, most people know who he is. An ex promoter, so just thank your lucky stars that we have CL and JL rather than.........!!!!!!

.as you may remember, I sponsored the track record twice, c.louis and hampel both took £50 off me..thats great, fine, hampel was great, but as for chris, he refused to meet me, and I never even got a thank you....fact....keith rodwell took me into the pits to meet him, he said "no", £50, and not so much as a thank you!..yet suzi perry had no such response, of course not.....hope witches fans read these facts....2..after the 2nd track record was broken, magda rang me at home instructing me, the track record now costs £100!!......£50 was no longer good enough, even though no sponsor came in with a better offer....fact....

Not surprised if that is true. A good friend of mine sponsored Louis jnr one year for a considerable sum, and never got any thanks at all. A year later he got a call asking if he wanted to continue, and you can guess the answer. He and his family were lost to Ipswich speedway forever i'm afraid, and that's a shame. Fortunately, most speedway riders don't act like prima donnas though...

• Like 1

Not surprised if that is true. A good friend of mine sponsored Louis jnr one year for a considerable sum, and never got any thanks at all. A year later he got a call asking if he wanted to continue, and you can guess the answer. He and his family were lost to Ipswich speedway forever i'm afraid, and that's a shame. Fortunately, most speedway riders don't act like prima donnas though...

you see, anybody who disagree, or give a anti Louis quote, you get jumped on...but thanks for your reply, because we

both know the truth, and im more than happy to take on a discussion with anybody who wants a conversation, I wont ever hide my name, as I got no reason too..and if im not liked, well so be it, and im more than happy to say how the back straight stand was

"fiddled" in two ways, to get people in........

Sounds like one unhappy Ipswich fan, shame you were treated as you were, as it's hard enough to find people to put money into the club, no matter how big or small the amount.

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Can't see Skidmore not being at Redcar or Lawson at Workington, would be very happy to see Richie Worrall or Anders Mellgren in the line up as both impressed me last year (but please not Kasper Lykke). I see Linus Sundstrom mentioned on the Rye link, doubt he would do Elite and Premier but if he did he would be a good number 1 as I suspect Ben will be back at Plymouth.

Richard Lawson has left Workington. Linus will not be at Rye House either.

Sadly I'm afraid there seem to be far too many stories along those lines that revolve around Foxhall,as you say,not all riders or management in Speedway are quite so shortsighted

Colin mills,yes I though I recognised the name,Keith Roswell,that's a bit of a blast from the (although not too long) past.a sponsor of CL,wasn't he in charge of PR,meeting sponsors etc?

Edited by Gearhead

On a more positive note I heard yesterrday that Leigh had a check up on his shoulder and although there is still some tendon damage at least there is no need to operate.

Intensive physio require until tge New Year and he hopes to be back in a Witches racesuit in 2014.

is baby ben going to sign for you guys again..

is baby ben going to sign for you guys again..

Highly unlikely. Edited by Arson fire

I see from the international thread that Gino Manzares won the meeting in Perth beating Rohan and Doyle amongst others.

.If we did go with a new overseas rider he would have to be top of the list.

Going left field here but anyone know what Sam Masters Average would be?

How about

Worrall

Lanham

Tungate

Heeps

Masters

Ellis

Bates

I.ve put Lanham in as you need some experience & he can still be a good second string.

I would love to see Manzares at Foxhall but have a feeling he is EL bound.

I see from the international thread that Gino Manzares won the meeting in Perth beating Rohan and Doyle amongst others.

gino had a few spins out at worky a few years back, looked really good. .

Last I heard Gino now has a young family and had little interest in committing to a full season in England.

This was as recent as the summer so I'd say he was doubtful for any club.

Going left field here but anyone know what Sam Masters Average would be?

How about

Worrall

Lanham

Tungate

Heeps

Masters

Ellis

Bates

I.ve put Lanham in as you need some experience & he can still be a good second string.

I would love to see Manzares at Foxhall but have a feeling he is EL bound.

Masters has been labelled on other threads at 7.43 so unfortunately that top 5 wont fit even with two 3 pointers.

As promising as Manzares looks a 5 point EL would surely be too much of a risk in the new set up.