British Speedway Forum

Form is looking good going in to the last month or so..................................how many will be around in March 2015!

lets concentrate on the next 6 weeks for now and let the following 6 months sort otself out after!

Taken from the Somerset & Scunny websites.

25/09 – Ipswich Vs Scunny

02/10 – Ipswich Vs Somerset

03/10 – Ipswich @ Scunny

10/10 – Ipswich @ Somerset

Witches currently says Somerset on the 25th.....? and nothing else.

Edited by IpswichDave

Apparently can't ride this week as teams are unavailable! But neither are riding!

So anything apart from 2 3 point wins will see the Witches out of playoffs like last year before they ridden away!

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

Unbelievable!

This Thursday has been marked as the reserved date for the first play off match in the fixture list since Feb.

Now are opponents are unavailable despite no meetings elsewhere in the country.

Presumably this means there are matches in Sweden some riders are involved in??

So another blank week when the weather is set fine whilst we wait for others to sort themselves out.

• Like 2

Obviously Somerset didn't want to face us away when we still have Cam at reserve as I would imagine that he will switch with Ritchie Hawkins when they visit Foxhall on the 2ND October. I reckon this group could come down to points difference and home results could be crucial.

If they weren't going to start the playoffs straight away what was the point of a cut off date. It could've been a week later.

So we were told there would definitely be a match this Thursday, so is it going to be an individual? Or were they lying to us?

• Like 1

My guess is that the intention as of last Thursday was that this Thursday and next were scheduled for play off fixtures, hence the 'definitely being a fixture next week'. No lying involved. If neither of the other 2 clubs involved will not commit to this Thursday for whatever reason, I guess we'll have a blank week.

Should we get through to the Play Off final and the KO Cup final, these 2 fixtures look scheduled to run on the last 2 Thursdays of October, which doesn't leave a lot of time for rain offs.

And from Lovespeedway24

Ipswich Witches will face Somerset Rebels and Scunthorpe Scorpions, home and away, in this season’s Premier League play-offs, but DO NOT have a meeting at Foxhall this Thursday.

Edinburgh Monarchs, who secured top spot and therefore first and third pick of opponents over the weekend, will be in a group with Workington Comets and Berwick Bandits.

The Witches had planned to face Berwick in the play-offs at Foxhall, this Thursday, but Somerset changed their minds over who they wanted to face in the competition and are unable to make a date in Ipswich on Thursday.

The Witches’ two home legs therefore are set to be held on Thursday September 25, against Scunthorpe, and Thursday October 2 against Somerset.

• Like 1

Obviously Somerset didn't want to face us away when we still have Cam at reserve as I would imagine that he will switch with Ritchie Hawkins when they visit Foxhall on the 2ND October. I reckon this group could come down to points difference and home results could be crucial.

If they weren't going to start the playoffs straight away what was the point of a cut off date. It could've been a week later.

Or they want to wait till Brady is back.

My guess is that the intention as of last Thursday was that this Thursday and next were scheduled for play off fixtures, hence the 'definitely being a fixture next week'. No lying involved. If neither of the other 2 clubs involved will not commit to this Thursday for whatever reason, I guess we'll have a blank week.

Should we get through to the Play Off final and the KO Cup final, these 2 fixtures look scheduled to run on the last 2 Thursdays of October, which doesn't leave a lot of time for rain offs.

Why the last 2 Thursdays?

Couldn't the 16 Lapper not be moved from the 16th?

Lucky you don't still have to fit in a KO semi Final home leg and a League Cup Final home leg!!

Or they want to wait till Brady is back.

Why the last 2 Thursdays?

Couldn't the 16 Lapper not be moved from the 16th?

Lucky you don't still have to fit in a KO semi Final home leg and a League Cup Final home leg!!

IF (big if) we make the final then I wouldnt be surprised to see the 16 lapper scrapped.
  • Like 1

So both of our first two original reserved playoff dates are now blank? Bloody ridiculous scenario to be in!

• Like 2

Well saying there will definitely be a meeting is as far as I'm concerned rather stupid, cos they were obviously only guessing there may be one, maybe that's what they should have said. I also bet a few fans turn up to find the gates closed, cos not everyone comes on here or reads the website, and why would they, when told there is definitely, not maybe, but definitely a meeting next Thursday

On a more positive note, looking forward to my trip to Scunthorpe, hope all our riders are available that night.

Edited by Baldyman

Well saying there will definitely be a meeting is as far as I'm concerned rather stupid, cos they were obviously only guessing there may be one, maybe that's what they should have said. I also bet a few fans turn up to find the gates closed, cos not everyone comes on here or reads the website, and why would they, when told there is definitely, not maybe, but definitely a meeting next Thursday

On a more positive note, looking forward to my trip to Scunthorpe, hope all our riders are available that night.

That's a fair point to be honest. They probably should have chosen their words a little more carefully as they clearly weren't 100% sure what was going to happen.

I don't put any blame on Ipswich here. These dates have been there for Months, this is when the powers that be should organise the fixtures, and not leave it up to the Promoters. Hopefully a full explanation will be forthcoming from the 2 clubs that couldn't be bothered to ride us this Week. Far too many clubs have this attitude, that's why the fixture list is such a mess most seasons. Employ a fixture co-ordinator, then things could only get better. Then we wouldn't have the likes of Workington only riding a few meetings in the first half of the season, and when it was bleeding obvious Edinburgh would be involved in everything, the coordinator would make sure they got ahead with their fixtures.

• Like 1