Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
skthecat

If One Rule Could Be Changed In League Speedway By A Public Vote, Which One Would You Change And Why & How? Closing Date: 31/10/2013

Totally agree......I think it is a farce when one team can take ten races to get theirselves ten points In front.......and bam...within the next two races the opposition are one point in front, thanks to the double point rule....total nonsense!!!

Have to agree,how people can say the old tactical rule was worse god only knows.

Have to agree,how people can say the old tactical rule was worse god only knows.

Because it was ...this is explained to every time on this subject ..so not sure yet again why your asking again .

Get rid of the double point tactical rides.

A friend - new to the sport this season - who has become a regular, still finds it utterly ridiculous.

• Like 1

Because it was ...this is explained to every time on this subject ..so not sure yet again why your asking again .

I don't want ANY form of Tactical Ride. NO Double Points, NO Tactical Substitutes absolutely NOTHING. :mad: :mad: :mad:

For Heavens sake, let the Sport itself do the talking - WITHOUT trying to FIDDLE close Results. Those Results that have been FIDDLED are FALSE anyway due to the very fact that they have been - FIDDLED!! :mad: :mad:

• Like 5

I don't want ANY form of Tactical Ride. NO Double Points, NO Tactical Substitutes absolutely NOTHING. :mad: :mad: :mad:

For Heavens sake, let the Sport itself do the talking - WITHOUT trying to FIDDLE close Results. Those Results that have been FIDDLED are FALSE anyway due to the very fact that they have been - FIDDLED!! :mad: :mad:

Hear, hear!

Not worse per se - just gave a greater advantage (in most situations) to the losing team.

Sid - surely you don't need the 3 point swing vs 8 point swing explaining again?

I'd get rid of the double points rule and allow a team who is 6 points down to chose gate positions only

I'd also like the away team to have a practice before the meeting, perhaps 4 laps each rider with 2 on track at a time just so the away team has the chance of being set up from the start and hopefully a more competitive meeting from heat 1, might do away with the follow the leader first few races too actually!

I'd ban the riders from putting their helmets on during meeting presentations and it would be good to hear from both team managers before and after a meeting on the mike to make comments about what went good and what went wrong. Ideally a small press conference would be held after each meeting ........

I'd get rid of the double points rule and allow a team who is 6 points down to chose gate positions only

I'd also like the away team to have a practice before the meeting, perhaps 4 laps each rider with 2 on track at a time just so the away team has the chance of being set up from the start and hopefully a more competitive meeting from heat 1, might do away with the follow the leader first few races too actually!

I'd ban the riders from putting their helmets on during meeting presentations and it would be good to hear from both team managers before and after a meeting on the mike to make comments about what went good and what went wrong. Ideally a small press conference would be held after each meeting ........

The after match press conference has been done at LEICESTER this season, its done from the terrace on the first bend, in a football type mini studio with sponsor board behind... Seems to work very well...

Edited by Never to old

I'd bring in a rule where both teams have to start the meeting with seven riders.

• Like 2

I know people who were happy with the old rule,and think the double/rule as it is now is a joke.Also my boys mate has watched speedway round ours a few times so he is impartial and he thinks the rule is laughable.So the old tactical rule was far from perfect but a damn site better than this Micky mouse rule we have now.
  • Like 2

I know people who were happy with the old rule,and think the double/rule as it is now is a joke.Also my boys mate has watched speedway round ours a few times so he is impartial and he thinks the rule is laughable.So the old tactical rule was far from perfect but a damn site better than this Micky mouse rule we have now.

Why was the old rule not a joke ? but somehow the new rule is ? don't just say stuff explain why ...are you telling me that being able to bring in your number one and Two in heat 8 in the old days was not mickey mouse ?

The after match press conference has been done at LEICESTER this season, its done from the terrace on the first bend, in a football type mini studio with sponsor board behind... Seems to work very well...

Great B-)

There are many things that need to change to make the sport credible in the eyes of the mainstream media and the easiest and quickest one to scrap is the farcial DOUBLE POINTS RULE.

• Like 3

Why was the old rule not a joke ? but somehow the new rule is ? don't just say stuff explain why ...are you telling me that being able to bring in your number one and Two in heat 8 in the old days was not mickey mouse ?

DId you ever see the racing then?so in a way you know no better today's rule is a joke.Sport is supposed to be exciting we no it can be brutal its like Man Utd being 3.0 up cruising oh well we will go down to 8 men give the other team a chance.This rule is farsical when somebody who does not follow the sport tells you that then you have to digest it and listen not that you ever will because you are always right.!

DId you ever see the racing then?so in a way you know no better today's rule is a joke.Sport is supposed to be exciting we no it can be brutal its like Man Utd being 3.0 up cruising oh well we will go down to 8 men give the other team a chance.This rule is farsical when somebody who does not follow the sport tells you that then you have to digest it and listen not that you ever will because you are always right.!

Yet again how that does explain why today rule is a joke and why the old rule was not ...what on earth has the standard of racing have to do with it ? yet again you can't explain yourself .