Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Dudley Rider Announcement?

The Dudley Management have said there will be a major rider announcement at next week's meeting against IOW. I wonder what that could be as we have no idea what the League structure will look like next season.

Presuming we will still be in the NL, and he qualifies, I'll open the batting with Brady Kurtz, who was brilliant at the Golden Hammer.

Who would you like to see?

i thought brady didnt qualify as having uk patriality and therefore isnt eligible to ride in the nl? thats the reason Somerset opted for Nielsen this year instead of him.

With the IOW been there, Could it be the return of Tom Perry?

Can't see Blackbird or Morris wanting to Ride in the NL next season (if thats were Dudley are staying).

The Dudley Management have said there will be a major rider announcement at next week's meeting against IOW. I wonder what that could be as we have no idea what the League structure will look like next season.

Presuming we will still be in the NL, and he qualifies, I'll open the batting with Brady Kurtz, who was brilliant at the Golden Hammer.

Who would you like to see?

Maybe the announcement wil be a hint as to what league you maybe in next year? :t:

I will take a wild guess, that it will be the signing as an assett of either Max Clegg or Nathan Grieves, with 2 outside possibilities of either Brady Kurtz or Michael Neill, if its an higher profile rider, who would indicate we are stepping up, then it has to be Royno, much missed by Heathens fans, and that would certainly set tongues wagging with regards British Speedways future..which would i hope for ? well any of them to be honest, but should we finally manage to win the Play Offs, then much as we have enjoyed NL racing, it would be time to step up.

I will take a wild guess, that it will be the signing as an assett of either Max Clegg or Nathan Grieves, with 2 outside possibilities of either Brady Kurtz or Michael Neill, if its an higher profile rider, who would indicate we are stepping up, then it has to be Royno, much missed by Heathens fans, and that would certainly set tongues wagging with regards British Speedways future..which would i hope for ? well any of them to be honest, but should we finally manage to win the Play Offs, then much as we have enjoyed NL racing, it would be time to step up.

You have been doing this a lot longer than me and, I bow to your superiority. I automatically assumed it would be a signing for next season but the seasoned supporter has read more into the title of 'Big Rider News'. I'll go for Max Clegg.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Somerset promised Kurtz a place for 2014 when they couldn't fit him in this year?

Edited by Bagpuss

You have been doing this a lot longer than me and, I bow to your superiority. I automatically assumed it would be a signing for next season but the seasoned supporter has read more into the title of 'Big Rider News'. I'll go for Max Clegg.

I am as intrigued by this as anyone, its very unusual for The Heathens to announce a signing, for the following season, whilst the current season is in progress, normally they like to announce these things to coincide with the local media, so i tend to agree with you that it will be the signing of a current rider,which can only mean as an assett, and young Max has created one heck of an impression, not only with the older fans, but he has his own younger fans who quite simply adore him.

• Like 1

I'm sure I read somewhere that Somerset promised Kurt a place for 2014 when they couldn't fit him in this year?

And Plymouth said a few months back they wanted to sign him. Plymouth currently have his brother and a close friend (Rasmus Jensen) in their team.

Maybe Dudley will announce Paul Starke as the first one on next year list,could fit into either league.

• Like 2

Maybe Dudley will announce Paul Starke as the first one on next year list,could fit into either league.

A good call on Starkie He would be one of the first names on my team list too and, if its NL, then I would get Cleggy and Nathan signed up. Both of them are bound to improve.

A good call on Starkie He would be one of the first names on my team list too and, if its NL, then I would get Cleggy and Nathan signed up. Both of them are bound to improve.

That could fit either of Starke, Blackbird or Morris to be fair

I hope your all wrong & you havn't spoilt the surprise. I like surprises!

I think the biggest surprise would be if any of the guesses were right :t: