British Speedway Forum

Was he wearing his Panthers kevlars?

I don't think he was but did I read somewhere he may have carried a placard asking "what's the latest situation in Syria?" - or was it a fan waving the placard at the time? :icon_smile_clown:

Crump99 stop winding him up that's my job!! MJJ might as well wear his Kevlars else where as he won't be needing them in this country at all in the future.

With the way Rick Frost has been treated by the Elite League this Year can't see him sticking at it again next year!!

I'm not sure that'll make any difference. We're our own worst enemy at times and he's already said: "Frost was also quick to admit Panthers should not have been in a position where this matter proved crucial. He regrets not making changes sooner following a dreadful start to the campaign which saw Panthers lose 12 of their opening 15 meetings." - we've not been far off each season recently, just needed to make better decisions from the off act act decisively when it was going wrong. We're in no different a place to where we were last year with the same noises being made and people trying to make the decisiion for him, which they won't!

PL clubs have started this so here goes, It's pointless talking about sides and averages due to the state of the Elite League probably changing depending on Sky's contract situation so let's talk about riders we want to see gracing the Showground every week.

MUST'S in Next Year's side

Patrick Hougaard - Hugely impressive and deserves his spot, On a low average of 6.13 and in my opinion he could become a 2nd heat-leader next year

Michael Jepsen Jensen - A superstar in the making, A disappointing year when compared to his season with the Panthers in terms of individual success and with himself on a 6.54 average, There's huge room for improvement.

Chris Harris - Always impresses on his trips to the Showground and on a bargain average of 7.21 and riding in the 3rd heat leader position behind Michael and the Number 1, He would feel at home and rack up big scores

Simon Gustafsson i- A genuine world class talent who needs his career being put in the right direction and on a bargain average of 4.86 and he could even end up in the reserve positions.

MAYBE'S in Next Year's Side

Kryzstof Buczkowski - Impresses always at the Showground but a hefty 6.90 average and his inconsistent away performances leaves thoughts in my mind.

Norbert Kosciuch - Again likewise, His performances in the Showground are spot on but his away performances leave a lot to be desired.

Joonas Kylmakoorpi - Did well in his short stint but Chris Harris on a similar average would be much better value.

DEFINITE NO'S

Kenneth Bjerre - Lacks the charisma required for a Number 1, Doesn't fill me with confidence in crucial heats like Jepsen Jensen does.

Niels Kristian Iversen - The less said about him the better, Nobody wants him back riding for the Panthers.

Troy Batchelor - Again, Nobody likes him at the Panthers due to his arrogance and cocky attitude, Also is poor value on his 8+ average

My Panthers 2014 Side

2. Simon Gustafsson

3. Chris Harris

4. Patrick Hougaard

5. Michael Jepsen Jensen

Team Manager Situation

With Ryan heading back to Australia, It leaves a huge hole that needs to be filled and If Birmingham sadly don't run next year then I would like to see Phil Morris as team manager and if not him then maybe handing the job to somebody like Mark Plummer who knows most of the riders wouldn't be a bad shout.

Are you in total reality ? Jensen does not give two hoots about Britain and who cares he isn't that good he failed miserably at the GP challenge.
  • Like 1

If were talking about loyalty to the Panthers no one shows it like Kryzstof Buczkowski he must be given a starting place with the Panthers if they continue

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3

Buczkowski's average is 7.33 and that's before a BV HOME match which would push it up past 7.50.

Let's go for British based riders.

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Ryan Fisher

3. Danny King

4. Patrick Hougaard

5. Chris Harris

6. ?

7. Dakota North

Buczkowski's average is 7.33 and that's before a BV HOME match which would push it up past 7.50.

Let's go for British based riders.

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Ryan Fisher

3. Danny King

4. Patrick Hougaard

5. Chris Harris

6. ?

7. Dakota North

So when you say "Let us" are you talking about Panthers or Poole.

• Like 3

Are you in total reality ? Jensen does not give two hoots about Britain and who cares he isn't that good he failed miserably at the GP challenge.

One man band (but with many aliases) banging the same worn drum.

He has no interest in the Panthers or the UK.

• Like 1

I'm not sure that'll make any difference. We're our own worst enemy at times and he's already said: "Frost was also quick to admit Panthers should not have been in a position where this matter proved crucial. He regrets not making changes sooner following a dreadful start to the campaign which saw Panthers lose 12 of their opening 15 meetings." - we've not been far off each season recently, just needed to make better decisions from the off act act decisively when it was going wrong. We're in no different a place to where we were last year with the same noises being made and people trying to make the decisiion for him, which they won't!

The Problem being - Pat's Plan B usually involves the introduction of the following - Ales Dryml, Henning Bager or Ulrich Ostergaard. :rofl:

The Problem being - Pat's Plan B usually involves the introduction of the following - Ales Dryml, Henning Bager or Ulrich Ostergaard. :rofl:

Better decisions, it was in there but not quite as pointed :wink:

Trevor Swales:

“I would refute that our team-building was wrong given the fact we will finish the season with a line-up featuring five of the riders who started it here.

“Perhaps we under-estimated the impact of injuries on several of our riders. Kenneth Bjerre, Linus Sundstrom and Patrick Hougaard were all coming back from nasty injuries while Norbert Kosciuch had also had an operation after the 2012 season.

“The fact we went into the Elite League season cold after getting no track-time due to bad weather didn’t help us either"

What nonsense, The side was crap at the start of the season with no star riders like Jepsen Jensen and it was a recipe for disaster.

Also the evening telegraph understands the Panthers made 6 figures losses.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

Trevor Swales:

“I would refute that our team-building was wrong given the fact we will finish the season with a line-up featuring five of the riders who started it here.

“Perhaps we under-estimated the impact of injuries on several of our riders. Kenneth Bjerre, Linus Sundstrom and Patrick Hougaard were all coming back from nasty injuries while Norbert Kosciuch had also had an operation after the 2012 season.

“The fact we went into the Elite League season cold after getting no track-time due to bad weather didn’t help us either"

What nonsense, The side was crap at the start of the season with no star riders like Jepsen Jensen and it was a recipe for disaster.

Did you glean that information when presenting them with the thesis on the war in Syria? :icon_smile_clown:

Did you glean that information when presenting them with the thesis on the war in Syria? :icon_smile_clown:

Getting a bit tireseome that one!

Trevor Swales:

Another example of what concern is it of yours or is that the Royal we :unsure:

THJ is the man.

I never doubted the Pirates, WE ARE IN THE FINAL BABY!

Matt Ford's decision to get rid of Howarth for Dyer was a masterstroke in the end.

Edited by Crump99

I do hope we run though as I want to see which riders don't want to ride for us.

I do hope we run though as I want to see which riders don't want to ride for us.

I hope we run as well, but I'm not overly convinced we will be. No end of season dinner and dance this year, could be significant ?

Has Rick and Julie had enough of speedway? I suppose we will just have to wait and see, but all I have heard is negatives.

I hope we run as well, but I'm not overly convinced we will be. No end of season dinner and dance this year, could be significant ?

Has Rick and Julie had enough of speedway? I suppose we will just have to wait and see, but all I have heard is negatives.

Even during the winter of discontent we never heard much from the top. I don't see Rick & Julie as a buffet and dance couple tbh so wouldn't be too concerned about an end of season do. Negatives from who?