British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Is he any good though? Not done at lot since 2009? I know he had 1 or 2 good meetings at Brandon, which to be fair is more than the current lot have managed!!

I always thought he was decent especially on a 5.80 average but obviously a few years ago now. We will get the chance to see him in action in the Brandonapolis.

• Like 1

Heres a thought, if the premier league amalgamates with the so called elite league for next season we could field our premier league team from this season and could finish as high as mid table. Wouldnt bet on it though...!!!! :party:

• Like 1

Heres a thought, if the premier league amalgamates with the so called elite league for next season we could field our premier league team from this season and could finish as high as mid table. Wouldnt bet on it though...!!!! :party:

As Bees supporter how do you feel about the Promotion not arranging any TEAM fixtures since September 6th ? I know there has been other meetings but the starvation of TEAM meetings involving the top riders is very strange . Will there be a Season Finale match on October 26th or that the season ended team wise ? I ask the question on behalf of a Coventry fan without access to the forum ...

I think that comes down to the Speedway promoter not owning the stadium unlike the Charles, Martin & Avtar days. I am gutted because I always remember under the CO reign last meeting fireworks, riders speeches and sweets thrown for the kids at the end of meeting parade win lose or draw. From what I've seen Mick Horton has really tried promoting our club this season but the last 2 months have sizzled out for me and the Brandopolis doesn't intrigue me. Been there, seen it, done it & it was cheaper. Unless AJ, Mad Nicki & Emil (who has a miraculous recovery-NOT) ? Turn up

I think that comes down to the Speedway promoter not owning the stadium unlike the Charles, Martin & Avtar days. I am gutted because I always remember under the CO reign last meeting fireworks, riders speeches and sweets thrown for the kids at the end of meeting parade win lose or draw. From what I've seen Mick Horton has really tried promoting our club this season but the last 2 months have sizzled out for me and the Brandopolis doesn't intrigue me. Been there, seen it, done it & it was cheaper. Unless AJ, Mad Nicki & Emil (who has a miraculous recovery-NOT) ? Turn up

Not forgetting the Donkey Derby "one lap carrot start"

The best way to promote a club is by getting a winning team and not winging about fans who critisize the way he has ruined a once great team
  • Like 1

Do you really think he set out to get a non winning team in 2012 and 13? Both teams on paper should have done well but didn't. So pick your team for 2014 using a 39 point limit.

• Like 3

The best way to promote a club is by getting a winning team and not winging about fans who critisize the way he has ruined a once great team

The thing about sport is that it usually goes in cycles - success and failure! You still have a great club who have had two poor seasons compared to previous seasons but you also had poor seasons previously as well. Onwards and upwards - next year may be better.

What about the once great Belle Vue? They have been at the bottom end of the table for the best part of the last decade!!

That doesn't matter with some Coventry fans because everything is all Mick Horton's fault, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Badger's 2014 team that's going to do better than the last two.

• Like 1

As Bees supporter how do you feel about the Promotion not arranging any TEAM fixtures since September 6th ? I know there has been other meetings but the starvation of TEAM meetings involving the top riders is very strange . Will there be a Season Finale match on October 26th or that the season ended team wise ? I ask the question on behalf of a Coventry fan without access to the forum ...

As a coventry fan I really would not want to watch that lot from this season in any meaningless friendlies I think we all just want this season over though I do see your point. As for the promotion I have said plenty on here regarding them this season. Everything at the club has been a disaster this season apart from the storm being set up. The season team wise ended before it began due to a ridiculously poor team build to begin with. Another point I made pre season. The

end can't come soon enough.

• Like 2

Glorious day today, pity they did not have Brandonopolis this afternoon, line up may not have been great, but it is not anyway. Problem is they may not have been able to cope with the crowd that could have turned up. Would certainly have been larger than the one they are going to get on a cold October evening.

Do hope if we get rid of Sky for 2014, whatever format the league takes, we can play the other teams home and away twice and if we must have the play offs that they take place towards the end of the season ie mid to end October

As a coventry fan I really would not want to watch that lot from this season in any meaningless friendlies I think we all just want this season over though I do see your point. As for the promotion I have said plenty on here regarding them this season. Everything at the club has been a disaster this season apart from the storm being set up. The season team wise ended before it began due to a ridiculously poor team build to begin with. Another point I made pre season. The

end can't come soon enough.

Let Leicester in the Elite & The Bees in the Prem for a season .. see how it goes ..

That doesn't matter with some Coventry fans because everything is all Mick Horton's fault, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Badger's 2014 team that's going to do better than the last two.

In fairness, Mick signed this team so it's his fault they're crap. And some of us said pre-season it was a poor team with a temperamental number 1 and no race winners. Ok Adam getting injured (again) didn't help but this team was destined for bottom 3 or 4 from the start.