British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Coventry Bees 2014

Let Leicester in the Elite & The Bees in the Prem for a season .. see how it goes ..

Lets be honest You certainly would not have done any worse

That doesn't matter with some Coventry fans because everything is all Mick Horton's fault, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Badger's 2014 team that's going to do better than the last two.

Childish remarks. Its not up to Badger to pick the team as his choice can not be a realistic one as he is not in the position to do such a thing. Team selection is down to the promotion and management to get it right and they are then open to criticism from fans who pay with their hard earned cash and quite rightly so, lets be honest they don't look too crash hot at it given their two attempts so far. If the promotion and management do not like this maybe they shoudn't be in it. To come out and publicly criticise their own fans as they have this season is highly unprofessional to say the least.

Edited by Had

That doesn't matter with some Coventry fans because everything is all Mick Horton's fault, but I'm really looking forward to seeing Badger's 2014 team that's going to do better than the last two.

The buck stops with Horton like it or lump it. You can defend him all you like and thats your prerogative Edited by badger1969
  • Like 1

The buck stops with Horton like it or lump it. You can defend him all you like and thats your prerogative

I agree it is his fault for the poor team but the overall criticism is very harsh. The EL was hardly a level playing field with clubs vastly over spending. At least we are apparently in a decent financial state despite the shenanigans of the Barker deal. Big year for Horton in 2014 he needs a team to at least challenge for a playoff spot.

• Like 1

I agree it is his fault for the poor team but the overall criticism is very harsh. The EL was hardly a level playing field with clubs vastly over spending. At least we are apparently in a decent financial state despite the shenanigans of the Barker deal. Big year for Horton in 2014 he needs a team to at least challenge for a playoff spot.

I think the criticism of people on this forum by Micks cronies is harsh. After all we did not have any input in to the Bees . But you would think its our fault just for voicing an opinion./

Micks history in promoting is not good. I for one will give him credit if the Bees finish in the top half in 2014. Credit should be earned not expected for finishing bottom

• Like 1

....Had......Childish remarks. Its not up to Badger to pick the team as his choice can not be a realistic one as he is not in the position to do such a thing.

Not really. It would be interesting to see what team the critical fans would pick on paper for 2014 because it's all very easy for plans to go wrong in 'real life' and riders don't perform how they are expected to. But I got the answer I suspected I would get.

• Like 2

I think the criticism of people on this forum by Micks cronies is harsh. After all we did not have any input in to the Bees . But you would think its our fault just for voicing an opinion./

Micks history in promoting is not good. I for one will give him credit if the Bees finish in the top half in 2014. Credit should be earned not expected for finishing bottom

Of course the promotion deserves criticism but the abuse they got was not fair and in some cases abusive. We are in a much better financial position than most for 2014, thats why i say its a big year for Horton. We cant and shouldnt be as poor next year.

• Like 2

Not really. It would be interesting to see what team the critical fans would pick on paper for 2014 because it's all very easy for plans to go wrong in 'real life' and riders don't perform how they are expected to. But I got the answer I suspected I would get.

Yes really. How can he be in a position to know whos available, what Hortons budget is, whether riders would come to ride for him given previous goings on or for him given what seems to be poor man management skills he seems to possess. It is all pie in the sky as are all team predictions or riders wanted in the team by us.

Yes really. How can he be in a position to know whos available, what Hortons budget is, whether riders would come to ride for him given previous goings on or for him given what seems to be poor man management skills he seems to possess. It is all pie in the sky as are all team predictions or riders wanted in the team by us.

i don't think you and a couple of your mates have said any thing decent about the Bees for quite a while now. But don't forget there are a lot of fans that do not post on here so don't speak for all fans because there is quite a few going on attendances this season and the majority don't post on here
  • Like 1

i don't think you and a couple of your mates have said any thing decent about the Bees for quite a while now. But don't forget there are a lot of fans that do not post on here so don't speak for all fans because there is quite a few going on attendances this season and the majority don't post on here

Genuinely what posatives can you take from this season. Please explain I agree there are lots of fans who do not post on here are you sure they are happy with the current position of the Bees Edited by badger1969

Genuinely what posatives can you take from this season. Please explain I agree there are lots of fans who do not post on here are you sure they are happy with the current position of the Bees

Im not sure that all the fans are happy no but at least they turn up for there fix of speedway.Watching speedway is what I go for and have done for many many years .we have not allways had the best teams but we go to watch speedway through the young /Boocock/Olsen/ Knutson /Tatum /Andersson /Hancock we have had some great teams and some crap ones. The trouble today is if the team isn't winning certain fans are not happy that is there opinion but let's enjoy speedway while we have it because you may not have it for much longer

I am sure all bees fans want the same thing a team to reach the final four.

I thought in 2012 the team he assembled was nearly there, a good top four ,but it seemed to lose its way after that I always thought maybe rather generously that a terrific 4 point unknown star turned us down and we got bager instead.

This year to be fair was a lash up

I think mr Horton has done ok in other aspects like bringing in the storm and changing the start time .

Sure he has made mistakes along the way but my patience will last one more year he has to put out a winning septet next year whatever shape the elite league takes otherwise I can see the crowds at Brandon falling.

• Like 4

Genuinely what posatives can you take from this season. Please explain I agree there are lots of fans who do not post on here are you sure they are happy with the current position of the Bees

Financially sound, good promotional work, decent crowds and Coventry Storm. Negatives was obviously finishing bottom. Its not a crisis at Coventry despite what a few people say. As i said earlier though its a big 2014 for the promotion even i wont defend them if its another poor season. Long as we are in the play off hunt i will be happy, i think Horton has learned a lot about team building in 2013 and would expect an improvement.

I am sure all bees fans want the same thing a team to reach the final four.

I thought in 2012 the team he assembled was nearly there, a good top four ,but it seemed to lose its way after that I always thought maybe rather generously that a terrific 4 point unknown star turned us down and we got bager instead.

This year to be fair was a lash up

I think mr Horton has done ok in other aspects like bringing in the storm and changing the start time .

Sure he has made mistakes along the way but my patience will last one more year he has to put out a winning septet next year whatever shape the elite league takes otherwise I can see the crowds at Brandon falling.

Totally agree with this post!

Edited by woz01
  • Like 4

I say us because it is irrelevant what we want because the decision is not ours and never will be so I really dont understand your point. My other posts are my opinion and i've not claimed that they are the opinions of all coventry fans and never have. As for not posting anything positive about the club, I would like to know all the positive things that have happened at the club in the last two years because I am really struggling to find them to be positive about. Please inform me what my mates and I have missed. Here just for you is another of MY opinions:- I have no higher hopes at all for next year so prepare to hear more. Hope I'm wrong though.