British Speedway Forum
uk_martin

Thank God That's Over - Thoughts Of The 2013 Season

My thought on 2013:-

Disaster season & they are for me

1, Far too many injuries

2, Double up rule again has been terrible for the Elite League

3, Matt Ford

4, Neil Middleditch & TeamGB (Embarrassments)

5, Attendance's

6, BSPA & SCB (Just don't give a sh-hit)

7, Riders going straight back to pits after winning races

8, Standard of refereeing

9, Skysports (would be no great loss IMO)

Positives

1, Tai Woffinden

2, Seeing one of our own stepping up (Lewis Kerr)

3, Struggling with thinking of anything else

• Like 2

Please do us a favour just ditch the sport and go away. It would be most welcome by many as you and several others on here have nothing to say other than to spit venomous bile and drag the sport down. Your disgusting comments do the sport no favours at all

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :t:

Pot Kettle Black Steve. You'd earn so much more respect from others if you'd just not have pop back and just shut up for a change.

It was his opinion which was what the title of this thread asked for at the end of the day

• Like 2

There. That's more like it.

Altering posts in such a way as you have done is a serious breach of the rules of this forum. Just a heads up.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :t:

Pot Kettle Black Steve. You'd earn so much more respect from others if you'd just not have pop back and just shut up for a change.

It was his opinion which was what the title of this thread asked for at the end of the day

I have reported the post to the mods. Whilst having an opinion is fine, the way the opinion has been written is surely totally unacceptable to this forum.

Altering posts in such a way as you have done is a serious breach of the rules of this forum. Just a heads up.

I have reported the post to the mods. Whilst having an opinion is fine, the way the opinion has been written is surely unacceptable to this forum.

Now that's funny Steve

Edited by bigcatdiary

It has been a much better season that last year because of the good weather. I dread to think what gates would be like if it was like last years awful summer.

It is almost certain that GB will have a world champion again

The play offs in both leagues look mouth watering prospects to make a good end of the season

• Like 2

Last year the shocking weather was blamed for the season being a disaster, but with the weather this year being so much improved it has just highlighted all that is so wrong with the sport.

Big gaps in the fixture lists and teams having to rely on so many guests when they do ride - I can't think of a worse season and all topped off with the disgraceful scenes at Kirky Lane last Monday.

As for the play-offs, the sporting equivalent of two bald men arguing over a comb.

• Like 3

Noting wrong with Middlos comments on Twitter and I thought they were quite restrained considering the amount of abuse he was getting from total morons.

With Matt likely Chair or Vice Chair for next year, perhaps he can give some pointers to a few of the promoters who don't know what the word "promote" actually means. Certainly if he takes to role the BSPA will be in better hands.

Oh everything will be fine with Matt in control, what a joke.

Noting wrong with Middlos comments on Twitter and I thought they were quite restrained considering the amount of abuse he was getting from total morons.

With Matt likely Chair or Vice Chair for next year, perhaps he can give some pointers to a few of the promoters who don't know what the word "promote" actually means. Certainly if he takes to role the BSPA will be in better hands.

Thought you were a bit better than this Steve..

How can you defend Madame Doubtfire's abusive twitter comments to some genuine speedway supporters (as posted elsewhere)..

Have you and your club Management no class whatsoever ?

Don't bother to answer - we all know the answer... :nono:

Positives-Watching Brum this season has been an absolute joy,even though I've struggled at times(thought of giving up being a supporter) after witnessing the tragic events of May 2012.

Martin Smolinski reaching the GP series for 2014.

Negatives-The credibility of speedway has reached sewer level,due to the fiasco at Belle Vue less than a fortnight ago.A big well done to all to bring it to that level!!

Too many injuries.

Financial meltdown at Brum.

A bloke who I've met before,with the initials SS who talks complete b******s on this forum. ;)

Edited by bluejam

what we have seen this year is many, many chickens come home to roost..

no olympics, no euros, no world cup, no weather issues, no tsunamis, no ash clouds, etc etc can be blamed..

years and years of ignoring those who voiced their frustrations and simply walked away, and a failure to attract a younger

'clientele' has now rendered the sport 'on its arse'...

this year has been bad for various reasons, but apart from the many injuries, most issues were forecast by so many on here...

if you do 'reap what you sow' then british speedway has deservedly got its spartan harvest...

• Like 2

Has anything other than Tai been any good this year! The best thing on this forum is reading the true Poole fans actually condemn their promotion from time to time and realise that there club is harming the sport! Shame you have 1 donut left in shovlar! Sad to see Middlo turn into a complete buffoon as well

• Like 1