British Speedway Forum

Maybe Sky might do a season of Premier racing instead of another season of a car crash called the Elite league. Sounds like a few teams might be joining the Premier league from the Elite.

Hard to speculate what Sky or Eurosport may do until we know what changes will be made over winter to the league system (if any)...

NO chance of Eurosport doing a full season of British speedway...

Do Eurosports not have the ability/facilities to take on their own outside broadcasts in the way Sky do?

If not, who does?

Could BT take it on?

How do BT cover Premier League football? Is it produced by an outside company and just broadcast by BT Sport? or do BT sports film it themselves?

Also what in the involvement of Russell and Go-speed? Does his contract for the rights to British Speedway also come to an end this year?

Let's not kid ourselves why would sky ,eurosport ,playboy channel anyone want to pay & show the disaster that is the Elite league ? Shambolic stadiums ,teams made up of other teams riders ,ancient team managers/ promoters interviewed & spouting gibberish. Christ I am saying all this as a fan of 37 years but for me just from a tv view the GPs are a quality product the elite league is a shambles.

SPOT on ... have heard that one suggestion being muted is that only the play-offs are shown on TV.

i never watch EL speedway on the tele as it's demoralising. ..somehow doesn't seem so bad in a one or two sided stadium when i'm there but seeing the gaps on the box it makes you realise what a minority sport we've become. Such a shame sky wasn't around in the sixties! I've said before that I think it would be best not to show EL as its such a shambles...but just the play-offs is ok I guess.

Even showing some different meetings like the PL4TT that have spectators on 4 sides would be preferable to a league meeting IMV...

It's not as though sky don't show League Cup/Johnstone's paint matches cos they aren't football league matches so what's the problem?

Edited by Mike.Butler
  • Like 1

Do Eurosports not have the ability/facilities to take on their own outside broadcasts in the way Sky do?

If not, who does?

Could BT take it on?

How do BT cover Premier League football? Is it produced by an outside company and just broadcast by BT Sport? or do BT sports film it themselves?

Also what in the involvement of Russell and Go-speed? Does his contract for the rights to British Speedway also come to an end this year?

BT Sport hire in their own production facilities for the sport they cover... there are different strands of Eurosport but the UK version certainly wouldn't get involved with covering speedway on a weekly basis.

Terry Russell still handling the negotiations for British speedway.

Is this some sort of 'in perpetuity' agreement?

Or does it have a term length?

Will it still be described as 'handling negotiations' when there is no one left to negotiate with?

• Like 2

SPOT on ... have heard that one suggestion being muted is that only the play-offs are shown on TV.

OH!!

CRUMBS!!! :mad: :mad:

BT Sport hire in their own production facilities for the sport they cover... there are different strands of Eurosport but the UK version certainly wouldn't get involved with covering speedway on a weekly basis.

Oh!!

CRIKEY!!! :mad: :mad:

Is this some sort of 'in perpetuity' agreement?

Or does it have a term length?

Will it still be described as 'handling negotiations' when there is no one left to negotiate with?

Very fair question.

Looking at the above Posts - why do I have that sinking feeling. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LIFEBELT ANYBODY? :sad: :sad:

i never watch EL speedway on the tele as it's demoralising. ..somehow doesn't seem so bad in a one or two sided stadium when i'm there but seeing the gaps on the box it makes you realise what a minority sport we've become. Such a shame sky wasn't around in the sixties! I've said before that I think it would be best not to show EL as its such a shambles...but just the play-offs is ok I guess.

Even showing some different meetings like the PL4TT that have spectators on 4 sides would be preferable to a league meeting IMV...

It's not as though sky don't show League Cup/Johnstone's paint matches cos they aren't football league matches so what's the problem?

Suggest you watch tonight's live football between Brentford and Leyton Orient as the ground there will look empty as well . This is the same for nearly all league matches outside of the Football Premier league
  • Like 1

Great to have the support of Philip Rising NOT, you stick to bloody SGP man, they pay more for their coverage in the Star no doubt!!!

• Like 4

Great to have the support of Philip Rising NOT, you stick to bloody SGP man, they pay more for their coverage in the Star no doubt!!!

????

what is he supposed to do?

say the stadiums are not god awful? that the crowds are plentiful? that the EL is not a shambles?? :blink:

think plenty would criticise him if he did that!!!

• Like 4