British Speedway Forum

I live 20 miles from a speedway stadium and our local paper has never even mentioned that the sport exists. I am thinking of writing to them to put a feature in the paper. But the only sport they seem to cover is football and cricket. I think that our local area newspapers could do more for our sport. Unless you are a supporter and know that a track is near you how would you know it exists, there must be people out there that would love to see the sport if they only knew it was there.

Just seen on Pooles wesite about this years AGM not much to write home about. Take a look if you want to be bored to death.

I have been looking all over the internet and the only place that gave any details was Poole. Quite a shock that me thinks not.

So what has change nothing new year same old rubbish other than the Elite Leage dropping the points total.

No mention of TV right 0or sponsership.

Look forward to a new years speedway with dread. We have to do something or this sport is going to die a slow death, or maybe a rapid decline.

It is time that those in power sat back and looked at what actually going on around them, and actually did something to help our beloved sport to carry on for many many years to come.

When I ran an amateur dramatics society I used to send reports to the local newspaper. They used to print them word for word under the name of their theatre critic. They did send someone to see the play though !

I don't think it will go to BT, I think Sky will retain it.. perhaps they could add a "pay as you view" element for sky subscribers who have no interest in footy.... like on box office, pricing might be difficult though, to cheap and it would deter the local supporters away from the televised track that evening, especially if the weather is a tad iffy..... but not to expensive either.. so the non fan of the teams on display who don't live nearby can watch.. perhaps £7-£8 or something per meeting?

Just wondering.....

I don't think it will go to BT, I think Sky will retain it.. perhaps they could add a "pay as you view" element for sky subscribers who have no interest in footy.... like on box office, pricing might be difficult though, to cheap and it would deter the local supporters away from the televised track that evening, especially if the weather is a tad iffy..... but not to expensive either.. so the non fan of the teams on display who don't live nearby can watch.. perhaps £7-£8 or something per meeting?

Just wondering.....

Just wondering.....

So no promotion of the sport just people who like speedway can pay to watch it!

Id rather go without SKY...The big clubs need to get budgets again and not throw SKY money at just wages alone!

Sky subscription is to high now.I don't think many people would be happy to pay more. Me for one.

Theoretically, what with Sky losing some European (Champions League) matches to BT, I would expect my subscription to come down!

Just wondering.....

If anything Sky should consider discounts for those who watch Speedway! Current viewing figures are awful!

Sky isn't just the Sports channels though. My understanding is that there has been a massive increase in their investment on original drama as they see that as key in changing their viewers profile. That must impact on their spending power on the big sports events.

Would be good if BT can be enticed - over the weekend they were showing "best of Women's tennis matches 2013" - which reminded one of the early SkySports days.

I am sorry to say but there is no chance of Speedway being pay as you view on Sky.

I'm pleased about that flagrag - I won't pay one penny more than I am at present to watch Speedway. I love the Sport - but NOT at ANY Price.

sky sports speedway has been awul viewing, embarrassing watch mix n match teams, 3 guests, 1 r/r, and commentators constantly wanting last heat deciders!......if we all want a final ht decider, why not turn up have 1 race and save time and go home!!...

Just wondering.....

Already exists, just use Now TV if there is a sky match you want to see. £10 for a 24 hour sky sports pass.

'Viewing figures are awful'??

Really? That's probably because there's none on at the moment!! :rofl::D

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

sky sports speedway has been awul viewing, embarrassing watch mix n match teams, 3 guests, 1 r/r, and commentators constantly wanting last heat deciders!......if we all want a final ht decider, why not turn up have 1 race and save time and go home!!...

The Elite League will be awful viewing whoever broadcasts it.

The Elite League will be awful viewing whoever broadcasts it.

Really! Crystal Ball time is it? Anyway if it IS "awful viewing" it'll give you more excuse to moan.
  • Like 4