British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I have an idea.

Let's have a HOT LAP!

4 riders on the track, After every lap.. The rider in last is eliminated.

This means more excitement, Riders are more likely to go for moves in every lap.. = More entertainment for fans.

It's good to see that Hougaard Racing Fans can relax with speedway data following successful moves by him in regard to some form of settlement over chemical weapons in Syria. :icon_smile_clown:

Why would need a fairy Godmother ? look at Cricket finding it hard to get crowds but them someone come up with 20-20 ...you don't always need money just good idea's ...Already we are looking at the next year with the mind set of yet cutting points limits and losing more World class riders and in turn losing more fans to the sport as we have been for about 15 years rather than anything that will bring more fans into the sport and also bring more money .

Yes but at Cricket you can get a decent seat and have a snooze into the bargain!!! And they also sometimes play loud music in the 20-20 series - something that many on here complain bitterly about!!! :wink:

As this is a Poole thread, I find it a little ironic that 'fans' are complaining about the possibility of losing some top riders to cut costs, when only a short while ago Poole were absolutely castigated on here for wanting to keep Ward and Holder because they were/are 'box office'!!

• Like 1

The main priorities for next year have to be getting a proper fixture list back and making sure we have riders who either don't have fixture clashes when they are supposed to be riding over here or employing those who have British speedway at the top of their list. Making things more affordable for supporters would also be good.

If that means losing a few big names then so be it.......for me those three factors are more important than seeing GP riders 14-16 times spread over thirty odd weeks.

• Like 2

The problem in Speedway is that the old people moan about any new changes implemented.

I suggested to Peterborough speedway to put some different music on but all the OAP's started moaning as they didn't like it.

And your suggestion was what oh great one?

And your suggestion was what oh great one?

Probably a MJJ tribute band on the centre green...

• Like 2

I think a rule is needed to ensure that the Turbo Triplets (Chris, Darcy and Greg) are all able to be on the team for 2014. And I think for the good of the sport add in KK to boot as its not fair on paying fans when he rides for other teams when he only is guaranteed to try for one.

I have an idea.

Let's have a HOT LAP!

This means more excitement, Riders are more likely to go for moves in every lap.. = More entertainment for fans.

We've done this in California as a half time show. Obviously cant be a part of the match but its an example of the creative touches that could exist in the UK to add some show.

• Like 1

I think a rule is needed to ensure that the Turbo Triplets (Chris, Darcy and Greg) are all able to be on the team for 2014. And I think for the good of the sport add in KK to boot as its not fair on paying fans when he rides for other teams when he only is guaranteed to try for one.

Great idea, as long as Poole can afford them all.... Can only increase the crowds at all the tracks they visit.

Its a win win for everybody. Or perhaps allow a rule where Poole can sign any 7 riders they want but to give everyone else a chance David Moyes has to be Middlo's joint team manager.

• Like 2

Its a win win for everybody. Or perhaps allow a rule where Poole can sign any 7 riders they want but to give everyone else a chance David Moyes has to be Middlo's joint team manager.

Great idea would certainly even things up a tad.

I do feel that we're drifting slightly from the point here as well as on the wrong thread. You mentioned music, what was your suggestion?

I have an idea.

Let's have a HOT LAP!

Been done...back in the late eighties/early nineties...it was called the one lap dash or something similar, I believe it was an idea that was first done in Australia.

I do feel that we're drifting slightly from the point here as well as on the wrong thread. You mentioned music, what was your suggestion?

Been done...back in the late eighties/early nineties...it was called the one lap dash or something similar, I believe it was an idea that was first done in Australia.

It should be brought back.

It provides excitement.

The rider eliminated in 4th gets nothing

Rider in 3rd gets £500

Rider in 2nd gets £1000

Winner gets £5000

http://www.bournemou...ig_name_exodus/

Matt Ford reveals fears over big name exodus!!!

I still believe its in all the promoters hands..