British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

Never have said that, i have always said it should never have even started. Maybe you should read posts properly before you make a fool of yourself. I'll post where i want too thanks,

Maybe you should listen to what i said. before you go digging yourself a hole. The Referee was ok with the meeting to go ahead. Thats good enough for 14 riders and two team managers.

Nothing wrong with a team being successful, however it appears many questions should be asked over pooles success over the years, last year was a farce and not a true success, poole came up against clubs in financial proplems,and I honestly believe them clubs had to allow poole success, or other wise face the possibility of going out of business or pl speedway, look whot happened to coventry and peterborough after 2010.2011, and of peterborough result amunded just when they could have made play offs, influence it appears are being used with BSPA, poole, lakeside meeting should have never bin called off,and why no points duducted for both teams, only way forward is for a independent BSPA, pooles success is appears very tainted and ih years to come. With the BSPA removed truth will come out.

If rider safety was paramount, the meeting should never have even started...

Nobody seemed too bothered by rider safety if they fell before the end of heat ten. Besides, the fact is we all know that the meeting would have continued had Poole not been the required numbers up. It was a dreadful, farcical evening, a sham of a meeting that only existed to ensure Poole got their way, as several Poole fans on here acknowledged at the time.

Edited by Kester
  • Like 6

Nobody seemed too bothered by rider safety if they fell before the end of heat ten. Besides, the fact is we all know that the meeting would have continued had Poole not been the required numbers up. It was a dreadful, farcical evening, a sham of a meeting that only existed to ensure Poole got their way, as several Poole fans on here acknowledged at the time.

Really. Now you are totally guessing. Another Anti poole fan. Riders will ride on anything, providing they deem it safe. They deemed it safe when the meeting started they didn't deem it safe after heat 10. . Tough, we won the league and we will do it again this season, just to rub acid into your wounds..

Is this thread not Poole 2014. I thought the 2013 season had finished and the 2014 season is about to start.

The record books will not change. Teams have different riders

Loki forward to the new season . Other past seasons are history!

• Like 2

Really. Now you are totally guessing. Another Anti poole fan. Riders will ride on anything, providing they deem it safe. They deemed it safe when the meeting started they didn't deem it safe after heat 10. Tough, we won the league and we will do it again this season, just to rub acid into your wounds..

Salt is bad enough Starman, but acid is a bit extreme... ;)

Salt is bad enough Starman, but acid is a bit extreme... ;)

Well, you lot keep banging on about how much of cheats we are. Why don't you get facts first before you all start crowing. Because facts, is something you don't have..

Nothing wrong with a team being successful, however it appears many questions should be asked over pooles success over the years, last year was a farce and not a true success, poole came up against clubs in financial proplems,and I honestly believe them clubs had to allow poole success, or other wise face the possibility of going out of business or pl speedway, look whot happened to coventry and peterborough after 2010.2011, and of peterborough result amunded just when they could have made play offs, influence it appears are being used with BSPA, poole, lakeside meeting should have never bin called off,and why no points duducted for both teams, only way forward is for a independent BSPA, pooles success is appears very tainted and ih years to come. With the BSPA removed truth will come out.

Oh grow up...................Coventry win the league and you have the audacity to say that the rules were changed to suit Poole..............you want to get a few facts right before you start posting rubbish...........we have come across each other before now............I have never ever slated a team in my life..........but all you do is slag Poole off at every opportunity..........like some of the others on here you need to put your own teams in order before slating anyone elses...............

RP

• Like 2

many questions should be asked over pooles success over the years, last year was a farce and not a true success, poole came up against clubs in financial proplems,and I honestly believe them clubs had to allow poole success, or other wise face the possibility of going out of business..... Good on you Eric. !! Not that've understand what your on about ... Just saying.

• Like 1

Gav. that meeting was called off for rider safety. All 14 riders gave it their best shot, the track had deteriorated into an ice rink. Had any BV riders got injured due to the fact in selfishness they carried on riding the BV management and fans would have had big cause to complain, and rightly so. EVERYBODY was in total agreeance that the meeting should come to a hault. All those who continue to complain are compromising rider safety. And yes, had BV been in our position, the meeting would still had been called off. It just so happened we were 7 points in front.

Comedy post of the day. And its usually a Poole fan that comes out with this stuff! :rofl:

Everyone with an ounce of sense knows just how this meeting was going to pan out. Rider safety had nothing to do with it because of the crashes prior to Heat 10 proves that matter.

Comedy post of the day. And its usually a Poole fan that comes out with this stuff! :rofl:

Everyone with an ounce of sense knows just how this meeting was going to pan out. Rider safety had nothing to do with it because of the crashes prior to Heat 10 proves that matter.

It takes more than one person/team to allow the meeting to go ahead............it has to have the agreement of all parties............what would have been fairer........the meeting going ahead or the meeting being pulled and not being able to be rearranged because of the cut off point which apparently cannot be moved..........either way Poole would have been accused of going through by default.............

Personally I think it should never have gone ahead............but I am only a Poole fan so what do I know...........

As I have said before if some of you put your own teams in order before slating ours and yes some of your teams have done things that could be construed to be dubious in the past then may be the hatrid and vitriolic garbage coming out on this thread might be more meaningful............

RP

• Like 2

I heard that Mitchell tried to buy the Pirates off Matt a couple of years ago but Matt wasn't interested in selling the club, stating to be successful in speedway takes a lot more than money.

As the stadium is council owned Pirates are quite safe. Any development would stipulate a speedway track and thee really would be more than uproar if plans were submitted without the towns main sport included.

If Matt Ford is as good a businessman as we are continually told, he will sell out at the right price, so I wouldn't be so cock-sure!

• Like 3

If Matt Ford is as good a businessman as we are continually told, he will sell out at the right price, so I wouldn't be so cock-sure!

He is primarily a Poole fan so it would be very unlikely to sell unless he desparately needs the money.

He is primarily a Poole fan so it would be very unlikely to sell unless he desparately needs the money.

really? all good businessmen are in it for their own ends. If the price is right im sure Ford would sell irrelevent if he supports Poole or not

• Like 1

Fan or no fan - everyone has their price!

• Like 4