British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

For once I agree with everything Middleditch has said,well done Neil.

• Like 1

Th only thing I'll say, is that they must have had some idea he would get some sort of a ban or suspension. I don't buy that they've had no time to tap up an adequate replacement , they've had 11 days!

I did wonder if KK might say no, he's got a chance to be WC, same with Hancock. Not even Matt's money can tempt them then. I'm sure he'll cook something up though!

I'm a little surprised, but fair play to Middlo. The criticism of the FIM is only natural given their disappointment, but he has acknowledged that Darcy has let himself and his club down without making excuses for him.

If he doesn't grow up soon, he could well be the most naturally talented rider to never be world champion.

• Like 1

Well come the playoffs who will fit regarding guests.

Exclude swindon,lynn and coventry.....

Leaves watt, zagar?, tai? Bjarne, Nicholls...... No one else worth mentioning, so that's Poole buggered!

Saying that, doyley is option forgot about and will probably be the best bet.

Edited by Panthers89

Well done Middlo. For once he's straight to the point and spot on with regards to Ward. But, he falls short in laying any blame with the FIM.

Poole can only use a guest for Darcy for 30 days right? What if no replacement is made today? Come playoffs time in October, Poole won't be able to use a guest then what? A 6pt NL rider?

Poole can only use a guest for Darcy for 30 days right? What if no replacement is made today? Come playoffs time in October, Poole won't be able to use a guest then what? A 6pt NL rider?

wait for the "for the good of speedway"

• Like 1

I would suggest it would be "save the best till last" and try to make the best of a bad situation. With tai and Bjarne injured, it doesn't bode well. Tai is highly unlikely to want to guest now he is nursing an injury, struggling with fatigue and still very much in the title race. The title is still very much in Kings Lynn's hands.

Matt has had 11 days to think of a plan B in case this happened, to be honest this was always going to happen. Poor preparation and short sighted if you ask me.

• Like 3

I nearly choked on my dinner just now when I opened today's Speedway Star and read Matt Ford's quotes:

"If they choose to ban him on Friday or Saturday, they totally screw my team and my business. That needs to be taken into consideration. You're not just affecting the rider".

"Anyone can guess what's going to happen to him, but no-one actually knows. Fingers crossed he gets away with it because obviously we need him desperately for the play-offs".

I don't think Matt is grasping the bigger picture here - rules? right and wrong? morality? ethics?

• Like 8

...t then what? A 6pt NL rider?

They'll need those for their "Fast Track Reserve" team places.

Dear oh dear. Bettaware will be making a fortune selling buckets to speedway fans up and down the country whose hearts will be bleeding for Poole now.