Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Agrotron

Pirates 2014

I don't know why the promoters are bothered with the points limit. Why don't they just say it as it is and vote the " you can't have Holder and Ward in the same team coz it's not fair and we want to loan one of them and not pay the loan fee" rule in.

You mean the same way Ford did the end of 2010 with only 1 rider over 8pts so Harris & Kasprzak had to be separated

• Like 2

You mean the same way Ford did the end of 2010 with only 1 rider over 8pts so Harris & Kasprzak had to be separated

Yep 😉

Don't think both will ride over here next season! Not even sure we'll be in he elite league or that there will be an elite league!

Lets get the play offs over with before we talk about next season...................

RP

I don't know why the promoters are bothered with the points limit. Why don't they just say it as it is and vote the " you can't have Holder and Ward in the same team coz it's not fair and we want to loan one of them and not pay the loan fee" rule in.

You been looking at Swindon's notes again :o

keep the points limit the same.

as much as i despise Ford and the lapdog that Middlo has become i for one want Ward and Holder in the uk. If they race for the same team whats wrong with that?

Let Poole have them both and muck up building the other 5 like they did this year lol

then again a bit of rule bending could always help if it looks like they may miss out

As a sufferer of a serious hip injury I cannot see Chris Holder returning to the bike in time for the 2014 season, and even if he does I think it will take him some time to develop into the rider he was.

If promoters agree on a lower points limit and more matches in a season then we can kiss good bye to "Elite" and instead suffer an extended premier league.

Assuming the points limit remains the same I would like to see a Pirates side comprised of:

Darcy Ward

Rohan Tungate

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Josh Grazjonek

Greg Hancock ©

Kyle Howarth

Micky Dyer

I think that just fits in the points limit and I'm certain Josh, Kyle and Micky are all capable of putting a point or two on their average throughout the season.

Edited by Synikalle

As a sufferer of a serious hip injury I cannot see Chris Holder returning to the bike in time for the 2014 season, and even if he does I think it will take him some time to develop into the rider he was.

If promoters agree on a lower points limit and more matches in a season then we can kiss good bye to "Elite" and instead suffer an extended premier league.

Assuming the points limit remains the same I would like to see a Pirates side comprised of:

Darcy Ward

Rohan Tungate

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Josh Grazjonek

Greg Hancock ©

Kyle Howarth

Micky Dyer

I think that just fits in the points limit and I'm certain Josh, Kyle and Micky are all capable of putting a point or two on their average throughout the season.

Greg do a full season?? Never gonna happen!

• Like 1

Darcy Ward

Rohan Tungate

Krzysztof Kasprzak

Josh Grazjonek

Greg Hancock ©

Kyle Howarth

Micky Dyer

Thats a poor team.

No way will Hancock do a full season so thats a no go.

Kasprzak for Janowski - both liabilitys, brilliant then poor but at least Magic is commited(unless its eastbourne or lakeside!!)

Tungate and Josh in the middle order!! both are the standard of elite league reserves that would be the weakest middle order in the league. I rate THJ better than Josh and him and Tungate are hardly doing anything from 2 and 4.

Howarth at reserve would be a good signing. maybe he will do well and then be bombed out again. But is he better than Josh? Bout the same i would say.

Why would you want Dyer back he has done nothing of any note and is costing you come play off time.

I would be happy if you declared that 1-7 as that would be so far off the pace its untrue

Thats a poor team.

No way will Hancock do a full season so thats a no go.

Kasprzak for Janowski - both liabilitys, brilliant then poor but at least Magic is commited(unless its eastbourne or lakeside!!)

Tungate and Josh in the middle order!! both are the standard of elite league reserves that would be the weakest middle order in the league. I rate THJ better than Josh and him and Tungate are hardly doing anything from 2 and 4.

Howarth at reserve would be a good signing. maybe he will do well and then be bombed out again. But is he better than Josh? Bout the same i would say.

Why would you want Dyer back he has done nothing of any note and is costing you come play off time.

I would be happy if you declared that 1-7 as that would be so far off the pace its untrue

Darcy Ward is heroic. That goes without saying.

KK has been much more reliable for Poole than Janowski and a better rider if you ask me.

Josh has come on leaps and bounds and is only heading up if you ask me.

Rohan is very new to speedway in the grand scale of things and has shown real grit and determination at Poole this year. He is a rider to watch for sure.

Dyer is another one that has a lot of potential when he gets tuned in. He has some way to go but definitely a scorer for the future.

Greg Hancock said in a track side interview at Poole recently that he was "ready to return to British speedway" and that "now felt right" for him. He is by far one of the most experienced riders in the world and exactly the kind of guy Rohan, Josh and Micky can all grow around.

Kyle should never of left and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to ride here next season, but if he does he will easily add a point or 2 on his average with a team like that.

Darcy Ward is heroic. That goes without saying.

KK has been much more reliable for Poole than Janowski and a better rider if you ask me.

Josh has come on leaps and bounds and is only heading up if you ask me.

Rohan is very new to speedway in the grand scale of things and has shown real grit and determination at Poole this year. He is a rider to watch for sure.

Dyer is another one that has a lot of potential when he gets tuned in. He has some way to go but definitely a scorer for the future.

Greg Hancock said in a track side interview at Poole recently that he was "ready to return to British speedway" and that "now felt right" for him. He is by far one of the most experienced riders in the world and exactly the kind of guy Rohan, Josh and Micky can all grow around.

Kyle should never of left and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want to ride here next season, but if he does he will easily add a point or 2 on his average with a team like that.

steve shovlar can you take note of this Poole fan please!!!

i dislike poole and i dont think the team synikalle put together is that good.........but................

he answered in a polite and non abusive manner and didnt call me names or anything. this is called discussion and an honest debate from 2 sides. perhaps you and the other blue tints should look at how it should be done.

Thank you synikalle for your response and reasoning

Dream on - it ain't about to happen!! Can't see any of the current top 3 being back. Points limit 38.5???

• Like 1

Dream on - it ain't about to happen!! Can't see any of the current top 3 being back. Points limit 38.5???

If that's the case and we can't have Ward that would be a disaster for the sport, we might as well just have one league.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1