British Speedway Forum
coomie

Somerset V Rye House Ko Cup Final 27/9

The prizes for the 50/50 totalled £150 and the cars were in the second car park also indicating a good turnout.

And i agree heat 15 for me was one of the best races I've seen at the OTA this season.

Low turnout was probably due to Plymouth being packed out for the Exeter Challenge match!! Something definitely wrong when a Cup Final doesn't attract anyone, what's happened to the old OTA track where the racing was the best in the country? Now just another slick fest, not the most attractive opposition, but you can only beat what's in front of you.

i also don't know where your getting this from, as Ez was telling me thats the most dirt thats been on the track all season.. He also talks to to the riders!!

I didn't think the track looked particularly slick, but then I'm used to Rye House!

Didn't think there was much more passing than at a decent Rye home meeting, but at that speed it's always gonna look more spectacular

I didn't think the track looked particularly slick, but then I'm used to Rye House!

Didn't think there was much more passing than at a decent Rye home meeting, but at that speed it's always gonna look more spectacular

Olly was finding some drive out near the fence early on but later just went spectacularly backwards so the dirt went somewhere.

Most of the passing was over in the first half lap when the Rebels missed the gate. Despite what the Trees' of this forum think the NLRC was an exception and the racing in the last month or so at Rye House has been excellent.

Heat 15 last night was fantastic though despite the result...

The initial tallying up of numbers through the gate would indicate that it was not a poor turn-out, so it would appear that not many shared your views on reasons as to why they should not have attended the match.

Don't know about the numbers as wasn't there, comment was based on what Shadders and Lord Skid said. Pleased that crowd was actually Ok.

Just looked at green sheet averages from 1st October and Rebels team average is 47-04, is this a record for Rebels? Hopefully team averages will be raised above 42-5 for next season otherwise we have to lose 4-54 (not counting Brits allowance). Lose Doyle as an example and replace him with a 5-25 rider. Just another thing that makes me disillusioned about the sport where you have to split up a successful team.

Edited by oldtimer

Don't know about the numbers as wasn't there, comment was based on what Shadders and Lord Skid said. Pleased that crowd was actually Ok.

Just looked at green sheet averages from 1st October and Rebels team average is 47-04, is this a record for Rebels? Hopefully team averages will be raised above 42-5 for next season otherwise we have to lose 4-54 (not counting Brits allowance). Lose Doyle as an example and replace him with a 5-25 rider. Just another thing that makes me disillusioned about the sport where you have to split up a successful team.

Why would you replace Doyley with a 5.25 rider? If the team building average is 42.50 next season, you can still sign him and build the team around him. Its a fact of life averages will come into any teams building plans, not just Somersets. But have faith in Garry, he will find a team worth following, you won't lose all your present team.. you still have a hell of a lot to play for this season, starting next week.

To be fair, it wasn't one of Somersets better meetings, by far but the job got done. and with a full 1-7 i think Rye will be hard pressed to win the meeting next Sunday..

Edited by Starman2006

Another fantastic home win when it mattered most. Rockets simply had no answer. Didn't think it was a low turnout certainly not compared with the recent Somerset V Ippo match which was like a ghost meeting and that was for finishing top of the league! I think the presentation of this meeting was poor. After all this was a final. There should have been a better parade, more glamour and glitz and better music!. A shame really some promoters just don't know how to put on a show.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why match could not have been held on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week when only National League taking place, must be a reason, at least I've got some support to my post. Hope Rebels get a good lead to take to Rye for the fans sake.

The club have used all the dates available for off nights already this year I believe with the cup replay against Edinburgh being the last thing they wanted to have to run.

A big thank you from me to all who played in/attended or just helped for the golf day yesterday. I think a great day was had by all and the Air Fence Fund moved nicely in the right direction as well! I am sure Statman will issue the exact amount raised in his press relaese in the next few days.

• Like 1

Why would you replace Doyley with a 5.25 rider? If the team building average is 42.50 next season, you can still sign him and build the team around him. Its a fact of life averages will come into any teams building plans, not just Somersets. But have faith in Garry, he will find a team worth following, you won't lose all your present team.. you still have a hell of a lot to play for this season, starting next week.

To be fair, it wasn't one of Somersets better meetings, by far but the job got done. and with a full 1-7 i think Rye will be hard pressed to win the meeting next Sunday..

Doyle was just an example, could have said replace Nick 8-84 with a 4-30 rider or lose Josh 8-41 and replace with a 3-87 rider. I agree Gary guaranteed to come up trumps with some amazing signing, it's just a shame he has to make any changes. Don't agree with Starman about the track, it has been slick on occasions but that's what the weather dictated, and there is usually loads of passing whether it's slick or not. Edited by oldtimer

Doyle was just an example, could have said replace Nick 8-84 with a 4-30 rider or lose Josh 8-41 and replace with a 3-87 rider. I agree Gary guaranteed to come up trumps with some amazing signing, it's just a shame he has to make any changes. Don't agree with Starman about the track, it has been slick on occasions but that's what the weather dictated, and there is usually loads of passing whether it's slick or not.

The shape of the track is also what makes it such good viewing. It's a smaller version of the East of England Showground. Fast, with varying racing lines. Certainly a circuit for the brave! The Rebels have that in abundance in their side this year.

Doyle was just an example, could have said replace Nick 8-84 with a 4-30 rider or lose Josh 8-41 and replace with a 3-87 rider. I agree Gary guaranteed to come up trumps with some amazing signing, it's just a shame he has to make any changes. Don't agree with Starman about the track, it has been slick on occasions but that's what the weather dictated, and there is usually loads of passing whether it's slick or not.

The shape of the track is also what makes it such good viewing. It's a smaller version of the East of England Showground. Fast, with varying racing lines. Certainly a circuit for the brave! The Rebels have that in abundance in their side this year.

Spot on.

I thought the Rebels rode excellently and deserved their win. I also thought there would have been more people to be honest, but not a regular visitor. One question is regards the air fence, if it’s been asked before excuse me, but what happened to the air fence they used to have at Somerset?

I thought the Rebels rode excellently and deserved their win. I also thought there would have been more people to be honest, but not a regular visitor. One question is regards the air fence, if it’s been asked before excuse me, but what happened to the air fence they used to have at Somerset?

It went to Newport

• Like 1

It went to Newport

Then ended up at Northside training track at Workington. Was in great use on Saturday. :P