British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Poole and Ford have done more good for speedway than anything else, a professionally run club who always want to remain top is a plan many others should aspire to, and the sport all round would be more appealing.

Great quote.

Keep the faith, It will be tough but anything's possible with thousands of Pirateholics.

COYP!

We are a proper speedway club, We might not win the league this year but at least we understand a balance sheet and the words revenue and costs.

Considering the fact that we lost Chris and Darcy for various spells this season, Reaching the play-off's is like winning the league.

Edited by Hougaard Racing Fans

There is no doubt Poole are a well run club, however they bend and manipulate rules, cheat, throw matches and races, and this leads to the hatred shown on these boards.

What concerns me is for the return Poole not going 10 ahead before heat 12, thus stopping the Robins using any tacticals. I wouldnt put it past them to manipulate this situation, If I were Swindon I'd watch the cheating sods carefully.

Don't think it is unreasonable to expect Ward, Hancock and Magic to out score Hans, Batch and PK by the 10 points Poole are behind. Then it is all done to the other 4 riders from each team to out score the other 4. Hopefully as a Swindon fan Morris,Eddie, and Kyle have good nights. Anything from Lewis like last night will be a bonus.

There is no doubt Poole are a well run club, however they bend and manipulate rules, cheat, throw matches and races, and this leads to the hatred shown on these boards.

What concerns me is for the return Poole not going 10 ahead before heat 12, thus stopping the Robins using any tacticals. I wouldnt put it past them to manipulate this situation, If I were Swindon I'd watch the cheating sods carefully.

Thats not cheating its called tactical awareness :wink:

• Like 2

Thats not cheating its called tactical awareness :wink:

No fear of that happening. Middlo is tactically unaware. In his defense, so are most other speedway managers.

Keep the faith, It will be tough but anything's possible with thousands of Pirateholics.

COYP!

We are a proper speedway club, We might not win the league this year but at least we understand a balance sheet and the words revenue and costs.

Considering the fact that we lost Chris and Darcy for various spells this season, Reaching the play-off's is like winning the league.

Pboro........Poole............Pboro................Poole

who do you support lol

your knowledge of speedway is seriously poor.

Poole STRENTGHEND when Darcy was injured

Holder was replaced by the world number 3 and 2 times world champion so not that damaging.

Swindon and Brummies have had a fairly good run injury wise.

Wolves and Lynn are the 2 sides who have had injury problems that have hindered them NOT POOLE

Poole have failed miserably in their quest this season they have cheated numerous times to make the play offs and now hopefully get what they deserve and then we dont have to put up with Shovlar all winter

No fear of that happening. Middlo is tactically unaware. In his defense, so are most other speedway managers.

He didnt get anything tactically wrong last night in my opinion.

Apart from putting your rider the wrong away around in heat 15. Janowski should have been off the better of the two gates to get in front while Ward picked them off from gate 1.

Of course he did ...as I said last night Poole got a 5 -1 in heat 13 with Ward off 1 and Magic off 3 v Troy and Hans then in 15 v the same riders with Poole off the same gates he put's them the other way around ...schoolboy error .

Of course he did ...as I said last night Poole got a 5 -1 in heat 13 with Ward off 1 and Magic off 3 v Troy and Hans then in 15 v the same riders with Poole off the same gates he put's them the other way around ...schoolboy error .

Not really, Middlo wanted a 8 point deficit.

He gambled on giving Ward the better gate and hoping he would win the race.

A 10 point lead is alot to pull back but it is possible and if we have a 8 point lead going in to heat 12 then that would be the ideal scenario. I suppose if the Robins don't get two tac rides they will say they got robbed but those are the rules and you can't change the rules just for the play offs.

That's correct, and if Poole win on aggregate then they would have won fairly in accordance with the rules, but this is where the ridiculous T/R rule devalues the competition.

Put Poole bashing to one side for a moment. If any team in Poole's present position were to win by four points or less we cant' say the best team won because without the assistance of the rule book they wouldn't have won on the track. The whole point of sport is that the best team should win. This is why the T/R rule has to go, especially in matches fought over two legs.

• Like 3

I'm the first to call Poole out, but that would simply be tactically sensible!

Not really, Middlo wanted a 8 point deficit.

He gambled on giving Ward the better gate and hoping he would win the race.

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realise Middlo only wanted an 8=point deficit. I was thinking he probably wanted another 5-1 to give a 4 point deficit.

On second thoughts though I reckon SCB and orion might have a point about tactical ineptitude. :wink:

Thanks for clarifying that. I didn't realise Middlo only wanted an 8=point deficit. I was thinking he probably wanted another 5-1 to give a 4 point deficit.

On second thoughts though I reckon SCB and orion might have a point about tactical ineptitude. :wink:

Well Middlos tactical ineptitude has taken us to the playoffs, remind me how your season is going? Oh yes, it's finished😉

• Like 1