British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Poole V Swindon 30 September 2013 Second Leg

Going to be a huge task for Poole.

They looked average last night. Used 2 TR and still lost by 10.

Swindon pushed them near last time and that was with PK missing

• Like 2

Going to be a huge task for Poole.

They looked average last night. Used 2 TR and still lost by 10.

Swindon pushed them near last time and that was with PK missing

One huge difference!

DAY TIME TRACK

That's correct, and if Poole win on aggregate then they would have won fairly in accordance with the rules, but this is where the ridiculous T/R rule devalues the competition.

Put Poole bashing to one side for a moment. If any team in Poole's present position were to win by four points or less we cant' say the best team won because without the assistance of the rule book they wouldn't have won on the track. The whole point of sport is that the best team should win. This is why the T/R rule has to go, especially in matches fought over two legs.

That's how Peterborough won in 2006 when Reading were the better side and needed no tacticals. They haven't changed it in all that time - so don't see them ever changing it!

• Like 1

There is no doubt Poole are a well run club, however they bend and manipulate rules, cheat, throw matches and races,

And you can prove all that can you?
  • Like 1

i think most speedway fans know Middlo isnt a very good team manager tactically and his blunder in heat 15 proved that.

Poole have made the play offs through bending the rule book here and there not through anything Middlo has done.

Its no that hard witha top 2 of Ward/Holder or Ward/Hancock to put those guys in the races that count.

janowski is ok as a back up to those two but as he always does goes missing when it matters and is a gating tart.

Jonasson or Magic for the gp's lol they would be outclassed hugely. The odd good gp maybe but nowhere near consistent enough. Would definatly put them in the Vaculik category of rider.

Middlo falls down on what to do with reserves and the tricky number 4 position and lets be honest Micky Dyer is a poor signing letting the team down on many occasions while Howarth is doing great for Swindon

Am new to this but have read posts for a long time now and it would be great to talk speedway rather than the nonsense that is pretty much a repeat cycle from some posters on here. Think everyone should realise all teams in the elite league try to do things to gain an advantage. Rules are weak so it's not difficult. The branding of cheating is thrown around all the time but its possible to question things at all teams. Just wish those on here would stick to facts not conjecture. Most is just made up and it seems game number 1 is have a go at Poole. I am not a fan of poole but one wish that will come true to you all is the end of the 8pt to 9pt heat leader in this country (no ward, lindgren, holder, woffinden, batchelor, Andersen, Zagar etc) as it unbalances the team and with possibly a new lower points limit will not be feasible. So it's funny you all laugh at teams like Poole and Wolves for having unbalanced teams but these 9pt heat leaders are awesome to watch especially when they miss the gate. Enough said and good luck to the Brummies you know you can do it!!!!!!

Apart from putting your rider the wrong away around in heat 15. Janowski should have been off the better of the two gates to get in front while Ward picked them off from gate 1.

I don't think that was a mistake, you put your best rider off the best gate to ensure at least a drawn heat and how do you know it was middlo's decision, riders are always consulted on gates for heat 15.

Pboro........Poole............Pboro................Poole

who do you support lol

your knowledge of speedway is seriously poor.

Poole STRENTGHEND when Darcy was injured

Holder was replaced by the world number 3 and 2 times world champion so not that damaging.

Swindon and Brummies have had a fairly good run injury wise.

Wolves and Lynn are the 2 sides who have had injury problems that have hindered them NOT POOLE

Poole have failed miserably in their quest this season they have cheated numerous times to make the play offs and now hopefully get what they deserve and then we dont have to put up with Shovlar all winter

Its not over yet, we are quite capable of winning by more than 10 at home.

That's how Peterborough won in 2006 when Reading were the better side and needed no tacticals. They haven't changed it in all that time - so don't see them ever changing it!

Yes it was and a what a night for the panthers but it wasn't the only reason reading lost, they only won by 3 in the home leg and Lemon should have known he didn't have to pass Hall for Reading to win the title.

Pboro........Poole............Pboro................Poole

who do you support lol

your knowledge of speedway is seriously poor.

Poole STRENTGHEND when Darcy was injured

Holder was replaced by the world number 3 and 2 times world champion so not that damaging.

Swindon and Brummies have had a fairly good run injury wise.

Wolves and Lynn are the 2 sides who have had injury problems that have hindered them NOT POOLE

Poole have failed miserably in their quest this season they have cheated numerous times to make the play offs and now hopefully get what they deserve and then we dont have to put up with Shovlar all winter

Aah I see the one who enjoys his 'enforced forum holiday breaks' is back and straight on a Poole thread!! Why is that not a surprise?! Lets see how long it lasts this time......?

Darcy Ward - 13

Thomas H. Jonasson - 7

Greg Hancock - 12

Rohan Tungate - 6

Maciej Janowski - 8

Josh Grajczonek - 6

Micky Dyer - 2

Total = 54 points

I don't think this will be too far off tbh.

Also, anyone who regularly reads my posts will know that I am the first to criticize Poole when wrongdoing is suspected however Poole have played a fair game this year and have come this far when everything has been against them. In my opinion Poole are worthy of the title.

The Pirate Ship has not been sunk Mr Andersen, it is just warming up!

Let's get out there and do it for Chris!

Edited by Synikalle
  • Like 1

Darcy Ward - 13

Thomas H. Jonasson - 7

Greg Hancock - 12

Rohan Tungate - 6

Maciej Janowski - 8

Josh Grajczonek - 6

Micky Dyer - 2

Total = 54 points

I don't think this will be too far off tbh.

Also, anyone who regularly reads my posts will know that I am the first to criticize Poole when wrongdoing is suspected however Poole have played a fair game this year and have come this far when everything has been against them. In my opinion Poole are worthy of the title.

The Pirate Ship has not been sunk Mr Andersen, it is just warming up!

Let's get out there and do it for Chris!

I admire the optimism Synikalle, let's hope you are right!?

Lets just forget about the deducted points for use of illegal rider, and the called off meeting to suit tho. :P;)

• Like 1

Lets just forget about the deducted points for use of illegal rider, and the called off meeting to suit tho. :P;)

Poole haven't been the only team this year to be caught out by over complicated rules surrounding riders and rider replacement. Even Poole wouldn't intentionally use an illegal rider as it is inevitable that their points will be deducted, and quite rightly so.

The called off meeting was agreed to by both clubs. As neither club is willing to explain why this happened it is unfair to assume Poole were in the wrong or were cheating in the matter.

Edited by Synikalle